StrangeSilver

Jan 20, 2021
Edit #2:
My saves aren't compatible with 0.6.5, and honestly, with the feedback on this thread, I'm not to jazzed on playing the game over again until they rework the rework (lol). However, Kensis has posted a 100% save + Gallery, so if you are looking for that check out his post and give him a like, quoted below.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: These saves are not compatible with 0.6 (to my chagrin). I have no current plans to play through the entire game again as of today, but that may change. I'll update this post with the 0.6 saves if I do. I also don't believe a save exists that starts with everything from 0.5.7 completed, but if one does please let me know.

Alright, finally finished this version, was pretty fun. Actually enjoy playing this as a game rather than just for the sex scenes (a controller/gamepad helps a ton).

Here's all my 0.5.7 save files and my 100% save with 59 Gallery images, all trading cards, all avatar viewers, and no cheats used (also all box puzzles solved). I created a save before every sex/lewd scene plus any other scenes/secret areas/story points I felt were important, and organized them into save sets. In this zip there are 4 save sets and a total of 115 saves.

To use the saves:
  1. Navigate to the save directory (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Skullgear\Dandy Boy Adventures on windows, will need to have "see hidden files" enabled)
  2. Make a backup of all the the files in here (these Dandy_#.bin are your saves, you can just put a folder in the directory and copy them to there. dandy_gallery.bin is the gallery save)
  3. extract the zip into this directory, you should see for folders named save set # and SaveGuide.txt
  4. Consult SaveGuide.txt to find the scene/save you are looking for (100% save is the last save in save set #4)
  5. Once you have found the scene, copy the correct save set # saves into the main save directory (where your saves were before) - don't cut, you want to preserve the saves in their folder
  6. Load up the game, the game should recognize the saves and run
  7. If you want to switch save sets, just copy the saves from a different save set folder and paste them over the previous saves in the main gallery - easy
This way the saves can be used as a pseudo-gallery, since the game doesn't have one. I'm also including an Info text document that I used to help me get 100% and find all the secrets in the game. I took all the useful posts and info I found on this forum and pasted it into this doc, then updated the info and added notes as I found out more. It isn't pretty, but you may find it helpful.
Why ur data save not working for me

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I really enjoyed playing this game but I'm puzzled by the fact that I reached 100% while still missing 12 quests listed in the :
- Jingle Balls + Light my fire + Sweet heart + Log out + Blackout + Gnome regrets (I never triggered the mountain trip)
- Call On Me + Blue Balls (Melissa is not doing yoga anymore as she's sitting in her bedoom in the afternoon)
- Day after Tomorrow
- Getting Tipsy (she's never been in the basement, always drinking wine in the living room)
- King of Kong
- Paparazzo

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
Tomy75 you have to be very careful with some of the events/quests because they are bound by a specific day and time. :unsure: Just to give you an example: the party by the bully/neighbor that is triggered the first day if you don't do it the first time and go do something else you might end up missing it out and and on triggering some of the other quests that come after. :unsure:

mr biscuits

Aug 12, 2020
I really enjoyed playing this game but I'm puzzled by the fact that I reached 100% while still missing 12 quests listed in the :
- Jingle Balls + Light my fire + Sweet heart + Log out + Blackout + Gnome regrets (I never triggered the mountain trip)
- Call On Me + Blue Balls (Melissa is not doing yoga anymore as she's sitting in her bedoom in the afternoon)
- Day after Tomorrow
- Getting Tipsy (she's never been in the basement, always drinking wine in the living room)
- King of Kong
- Paparazzo
This dev likes to remove quests and content when they update so there is a big possibility that the quests that you mention don't exist in the latest version.

I really like this game but the dev has no idea how to update this game. Constanly focusing on pointless things no one cares about and removing content as well. Brilliant....

OzBa

May 9, 2017
I saw Oni type this on the Discord. It might shed some light on the most recent updates:
We've been hard at work with the update, as well as something else. I've been meaning to make a post like this for at least a month now, but I always find myself just going back to developing instead. I apologise for this, but it's in my nature. Also, with all the events in my personal life as well as other things within the development, I've become somewhat numb to things leaving me uninterested in any kinda communication. I have received a lot criticism for this, which is totally justified.

When I added the 2k goal that would make me go full time, I always thought that we’d gain more following than that in no time so it was a dumb risk that I took, as it’s not nearly enough to pay for my expenses. People think that we live in some 3rd world country where everything is cheap. Unfortunately that is not the case. We are losing money every month, and I’ve been using my savings to keep myself afloat. Brakus has also expected to gain something out of this project, but so far he’s getting nothing. All the money goes to Oni’s rent and that’s about it.

I tried to lure in more hype by doing animations (in top of everything else I do), but it just became the new norm, leaving me very much overworked. Then I tried hiring VA’s out of my own savings, which also did very little to get this project to the next level. These dumb ideas are all 100% me, and so I’m the only one I can blame for this, lol.

We are getting exhausted with the workload, as I can’t live up to the demands people have on how much content I have to make within a certain schedule. I’m doing writing, all the different graphics containing animations and programming (scripting) as well as marketing (At least I should be doing that, lol ). Whenever there's some setbacks in my private life, the pressure of this humongous workload is depressing.

We realise that with a project of this scale we need to expand our team. The only problem is that we don’t have enough money to pay one person’s ( let alone two ) salary, so how could we hire more people? I know that there’s a lot of people who’d work for us for free, but I’m very skeptical of that sorta arrangements.

I’ve gathered a good sum of cash by going minimalist and selling most of my stuff (which has turned out to be almost a full-time job as well, lol ), and with that we’ve come to the conclusion that we need to do something else to fund this project and ourselves.

Now I don’t really want to go do something completely different as I feel that it would kill all my motivation to continue DBA. So we are making another, way smaller product, that will go straight to sale. We’ve done something similar before with DBA VRNR, so we know it can be done. I promise that It’ll be something our fans will truly enjoy. We are not shutting DBA down, far from it. We are just trying to make sure that we can keep developing it in the future.

That being said, 816 active patrons. Damn, that really is something! We are extremely thankful for all of the pledges we get and that is the reason we refuse to quit! We’ll sort this out, one way or the another! Thank you all!

Reactions: exirock

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
I saw Oni type this on the Discord. It might shed some light on the most recent updates:
My 2 cents:
A project can't get traction if you update once every 8 months, that's just the way it works.

You can snowball and keep that schedule once you have a strong following ( summertime saga and the likes) but for that to happen, all of those projects released frequently and consistently in the beginning.

I get that this artwork in particular is a slow craft process, but the big totality of the last update was just remixing the content with little new artwork.

Champinon

May 20, 2017
The main problem is the lack of communication, regular posts on their patreon showing even the boring stuff like programming the engine should be enough to satisfy many patrons, i mean between the 0.6.5 progress update and their next post there is a gap of three fucking months, almost four and between 0.6 and 0.6.5 a 9 months gap. The other big problem is that they constantly delete and change things in their game just to please certain groups, which has made them lose a lot of followers, like deleting the whole voyeur route with Melissa because people thought it was ntr, or the sharing route with the professor. I know a lot of people don't like that kind of stuff and it's understandable, but others saw those actions as a betrayal of their own work and a serious waste of resources (the aforementioned routes where completely illustrated and animated).

flamewho

Jan 21, 2021
Has anyone noticed on old versions opening the save menu crashes the game? Anyone know why you can't save on old versions?

THARAKA1984

Apr 8, 2019
Can someone pls tell me how to jump more far.i stuck in cemetery and can't get the key.is their any cheat bypass that quest.

MEMEACCOUNT

Jul 27, 2020
Has anyone noticed on old versions opening the save menu crashes the game? Anyone know why you can't save on old versions?
if you have saves from a newer version in your saves folder it will crash older versions of the game when you open the save menu, just move your save files from the most recent version somewhere else.

Reactions: Selim Bradley

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
My 2 cents:
A project can't get traction if you update once every 8 months, that's just the way it works.

You can snowball and keep that schedule once you have a strong following ( summertime saga and the likes) but for that to happen, all of those projects released frequently and consistently in the beginning.

I get that this artwork in particular is a slow craft process, but the big totality of the last update was just remixing the content with little new artwork.
Solid points and I agree. Sounds like they are on the right track with getting more financing by releasing paid stuff. Living off the patreon money and bleeding money every month is just horrible. Surprised the game isn't abandoned with all the mistakes they made

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
Question, how the heck one would complete "five finger discount" I can see the 2 guys but can't get up to them, wiki says there is a cave but where I'm going to the place it's showing there's nothing (even the camera is different too)

Edit: nvm , you just had to jump on the nearby fence and jump to them, but they shouldn't really say cave in the wiki or the walkthrough in the op then

moostache69

Jul 31, 2022
You rename them when you start the game, Landlady to Mom and so on, when you meet them you get that option to rename them.
Thank you and i have a question pls
On the Main Quest Blue Haired Devil, i go tell Traci and she ask to help her steal the new answers, i can agree or refuse.
if i agree or refuse will it affect and change the game?

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
Thank you and i have a question pls
On the Main Quest Blue Haired Devil, i go tell Traci and she ask to help her steal the new answers, i can agree or refuse.
if i agree or refuse will it affect and change the game?
I don't really remember, the outcome will be the same, but the dialogue different and might be an extra ass flash or something depending on what you picked, best choice is to save before.

Antman63995

Aug 24, 2018
The main problem is the lack of communication, regular posts on their patreon showing even the boring stuff like programming the engine should be enough to satisfy many patrons, i mean between the 0.6.5 progress update and their next post there is a gap of three fucking months, almost four and between 0.6 and 0.6.5 a 9 months gap. The other big problem is that they constantly delete and change things in their game just to please certain groups, which has made them lose a lot of followers, like deleting the whole voyeur route with Melissa because people thought it was ntr, or the sharing route with the professor. I know a lot of people don't like that kind of stuff and it's understandable, but others saw those actions as a betrayal of their own work and a serious waste of resources (the aforementioned routes where completely illustrated and animated).
I kind of have my doubts about that being complete. I mean they added a masturbation option in that same update in bed, and it would have been perfect to add an already done scene in there where it would be optional.

4.00 star(s) 69 Votes