rlnatl

Apr 24, 2021
First time user of Dark Magic. Using v0.14.0 android on Android 11. Game crashes after 4 to 5 mins. Doesn't matter the scene. Just "blink to black" and game closes. No other Ren'Py game has this issue. Have Uninstaller, reinstalled. Have download apk from Mega, Nopay and Mediafire... " NO workie"

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
As Yahtzee stated in his Dev Diaries series that can be a trap. You never get your game actually done.
I agree I do not think a second project is a good idea, but as he seems to have Dark Magic planned out to the end.

Without a reason to dissuade, him supporting while he is making this mini release / game to refresh his mind is the right thing to do for me.

Reactions: coffeecupboard

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
Oh and when is your game comming out... 3022 ?

The reason F.lord made another game was to avoid burning out on making Dark Magic. and to get inspire and come up with exiting ideas for Game.
My game is never coming out. Jesus you guys are pricks, always taking everything as negative.

I am a patient guy. Good luck to him.

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
My game is never coming out. Jesus you guys are pricks, always taking everything as negative.

I am a patient guy. Good luck to him.
Perhaps because for some of Us this is just the last straw just after another.
because comments like that is the reason the dev has now had to leave on extended leave ?
For me at least I can not translate humor well , nor sarcasm or irony either.
So I take everything I read at face value.

The atmosphere on F95 itself feels negative for most of the threads I have seen... and negativity begets negativity.
So it is partly to blame as well.

If my comment went to far I apologies for it.

Nov 9, 2017
I agree I do not think a second project is a good idea, but as he seems to have Dark Magic planned out to the end.

Without a reason to dissuade, him supporting while he is making this mini release / game to refresh his mind is the right thing to do for me.
Yahtzee, in his very first Dev Diary "Preflight Panic", stated and I am directly quoting him here "Starting projects doesn't count. If all you do is start projects but eventually give up on them then you have as much right to call yourself a creator as someone who spent the same amount of time in a wooden box. (expunged)" (I left off the last part of that as I thought it was over the top harsh)

While he is going over the top (as usual), he is right. You can have your game planned out the wazzo but if you don't have the basics down something is going to go haywire down the line and it never gets done. Or arguably worse it takes so long that expectations go over the top and can never live up to people's expectations (Duke Nukem Forever case in point). At least this has not fallen into the trap Wizards Adventures has - keep mucking with the game play loop/mechanic and basically starting over each time.

Reactions: Horagen81

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
Perhaps because for some of Us this is just the last straw just after another.
because comments like that is the reason the dev has now had to leave on extended leave ?
For me at least I can not translate humor well , nor sarcasm or irony either.
So I take everything I read at face value.

The atmosphere on F95 itself feels negative for most of the threads I have seen... and negativity begets negativity.
So it is partly to blame as well.

If my comment went to far I apologies for it.
No problem man, also I understand how flord could have got pissed at people being too demanding. but as long as he finishes it and finishes it good, there are literally hundreds of other games for me to indulge.

Has he shared what's the new project name.

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018

CorruptKing

Sep 12, 2020
[QUOTE="F.Lord, post: 1122330, member: 817833]" This game is huge, hard, and really long, so please take your time playing and enjoy! "[/QUOTE]

*snerk* Ok, so this convinced me it was worth the download. That was fucking hilarious.

It looks super interesting, but anything with a dev who has this kinda sense of humor has gotta be worth a look so that's what sealed it.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Played developer's another game. Not for me. Will stick with this one
I came away with the same impression. He did a great job with it in a technical manner. Its put together well. But I didn't really like the characters or where it seems to be going, and I was frustrated with the fact that its a hallway VN, and not a semi-sandbox like this one. The way that Dark Magic is set up is a big draw for me.

GogolBordello

Dec 19, 2018
How do i make a progress with Airi's corruption? Did someone here fuck her boobs while she sleeps or fuck her? I even used the cheat mode and changed corruption to 100% but nothing happened.

Azoozy3

Oct 25, 2021
Thanx for game I'have one problem
I deleted tha game and i download again
But my save data deleted
Can u help me to return my old save data?

DJ Eazy-Dik

Jun 19, 2020
Anybody's anti-virus being triggered by this? Apparently it was back in september around the 16th. Getting a trojan, and 2 heuristics as well.
16359973231732999172315972706801.jpg

Jaam

Nov 28, 2017
How does corruption work in this game ? Is it just a stat or does it actually change how a character acts, looks and behaves ?

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes