Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
...That is less than confidence inspiring.... As nice as it is, I suppose, to know that this game isn't dead. But, actions speak louder than words and well, the absence of which speaks volumes... and far louder than me screaming at the top of my lungs through a megaphone.

• Haha
Reactions: Parakekus

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
He's still getting 700$ monthly which is decent pay where I live (excluding taxes), no reason to shut it down.
For me it's sad, because now I'm pretty sure this is going to be slow and painful death of a game I really liked.
But maybe that's for better, for about 3 years the story and gameplay aren't cohesive anymore, sandbox and long story elements don't work together here and have no impact on each other, story doesn't head into any particular direction than building romance when at first it was all about corrupting, threads keep growing and each update there's more questions than actual answers.

Time to wrap it up, boys. :(

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
He's still getting 700$ monthly which is decent pay where I live (excluding taxes), no reason to shut it down.
For me it's sad, because now I'm pretty sure this is going to be slow and painful death of a game I really liked.
But maybe that's for better, for about 3 years the story and gameplay aren't cohesive anymore, sandbox and long story elements don't work together here and have no impact on each other, story doesn't head into any particular direction than building romance when at first it was all about corrupting, threads keep growing and each update there's more questions than actual answers.

I have written (well, more often *tried* to) a lot of large narrative projects, always with a great deal of focus on the structure and outline before even starting a single page. I have never had to write anything with persistent, anonymous pressure from a cloud of "producers," however. Even so, it strikes as me as weird that a lot of devs clearly don't have a solid outline or mindmap of where they are going.

It makes me think that a lot of these projects are really just about learrning the various tools that go into making them; scripting, graphics, video, 3d, etc. Writing is of course always an afterthought, because everyone "knows how" to read and write, right? With few exceptions.

Blasty2112

Jun 4, 2020
This was the first adult game I ever got into and it's such a shame it's gone the one-update-per-year route. At least I never bought into his Patreon. Those that are still subbed might as well be getting scammed at this update pace.

Reactions: Barabash

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021

If the dev is gonna get $700 a month and barely do even the bare minimum, then said dev should 'not' consistently be getting $700 a month to support a project they clearly have no intention of completing in a manner commensurate to the support invested into the project by its base... If you're only gonna treat this as a hobby, then don't ask for/hint at 'volunary' monetary support. I'm honestly sick of this kind of behavior from devs.... Yeah, I get real life happens, but when a transaction is made towards a project then either work on it or stop and apologize for not living up to whatever expectations you've built up. This half assed and irresponsible attitude is inexcusable.

Reactions: Trashgiant12

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
If the dev is gonna get $700 a month and barely do even the bare minimum, then said dev should 'not' consistently be getting $700 a month to support a project they clearly have no intention of completing in a manner commensurate to the support invested into the project by its base... If you're only gonna treat this as a hobby, then don't ask for/hint at 'volunary' monetary support. I'm honestly sick of this kind of behavior from devs.... Yeah, I get real life happens, but when a transaction is made towards a project then either work on it or stop and apologize for not living up to whatever expectations you've built up. This half assed and irresponsible attitude is inexcusable.
Well, Patreon is exactly voluntary support, almost like charity, You give money and hope that Dev will use it to ensure his projects growth, if he's not, than You can only blame Yourself for believing him, like a "handshake agreement", the only thing that obliges You is Your own good will and decency. Supporters are not entitled to anything, we should remember that and vote with our wallets.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Well, Patreon is exactly voluntary support, almost like charity, You give money and hope that Dev will use it to ensure his projects growth, if he's not, than You can only blame Yourself for believing him, like a "handshake agreement", the only thing that obliges You is Your own good will and decency. Supporters are not entitled to anything, we should remember that and vote with our wallets.
Which is why I dropped support the INSTANT I saw this behavior. And again, you aren't going to change my mind on my views. Period.

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
Which is why I dropped support the INSTANT I saw this behavior. And again, you aren't going to change my mind on my views. Period.
This is not what I was doing, I did exact same thing.
Is this shitty and scammy way of treating supporters by Dev? I believe so, but I'm just trying to be coolheaded and realistic, no point in wasting more of my energy and rant.

poplarchan

Apr 28, 2017
Another Ecchi Sensei case. u.u. Sad to see this game go to a SUUUPER slow process in development, up to a point where even if an update happen, it feels as if nothing was added. (Or like Ecchi Sensei... just nothing)

For the moment I'll say RIP Dark Magic till new (REAL) content arrives hopefully.

Letstryitout

Sep 11, 2018
Lots of games have gone from having 2 months at most development time from update to update to 4 months, to 6 months, then to a year, then 2 years. I liked this game, the dev did a good job before this whole stupid development time fraud, I swear people are too lax to punish the lack of work ethic these devs have, if people actually punished this bullshittery from the devs that actually go this route we wouldn't have this stupid 1 - 2 year of update intervals.

Reactions: Trashgiant12

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Lots of games have gone from having 2 months at most development time from update to update to 4 months, to 6 months, then to a year, then 2 years. I liked this game, the dev did a good job before this whole stupid development time fraud, I swear people are too lax to punish the lack of work ethic these devs have, if people actually punished this bullshittery from the devs that actually go this route we wouldn't have this stupid 1 - 2 year of update intervals.
what do you suggest? incarceration? defenestration? temporary forehead tattoos?

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
All honey select games I was following have become patreon milkers with 1 release a year. It's like they all decided to become depressed and have writer's block

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes