sailboat

Apr 15, 2020
I just started the game over from the beginning since I hadn't played for the last 4 updates or so. Some people are saying they are stuck, but don't say where or how. I read in a few posts not only on here, but other forums that the last update of Renpy really screwed up a lot of people.
The problem is that this game is in advanced status (anyway, a lot of actions, characters, places...). There is a lot I've played and restart from scratch is really painful... just to see more or less the same things. I wonder how is not possible to create a save file converter...

akuen

Dec 5, 2017
The problem is that this game is in advanced status (anyway, a lot of actions, characters, places...). There is a lot I've played and restart from scratch is really painful... just to see more or less the same things. I wonder how is not possible to create a save file converter...
I started completely from scratch (because I hadn't seen this before) and the game is still broken/bugged out seemingly.

darksid59

Oct 11, 2018
good evening me I have no problem I was able to resume my backup where I had stopped maybe the backup and not compatible with this update not sure

DonniesDarko

Mar 22, 2020
APK is for when you are playing the game on a phone. As for the choppy animations, not sure what to tell you. Could be a number of things, such as needing upgraded memory, graphics card... I run an AMD Ryzen 5 with an MSI motherboard. I don't have the highest end gpu, but I've never had choppy animations playing Dark Magic.
Thanks for replying and your input!

Trapstar102

Jul 1, 2018
At this point, I'mma just wait for the game to be completed. This is one of my favorite games on the site, but there's no way I'mma restart the whole entire game because there is just too much content and it would take too long JUST to get back to where I initially was.

I really don't have time for any of that. And another problem being some of the scenes that you have to get depends on very specific times and is very tedious to obtain.

I feel bad for the dev for getting a lil more ambitious and tried to do some touch ups, but that is the reason I really loath update-by-update processes in games like these. All the content just for them to recommend that you do a whole entire new game. That's ALOT of time wasted.

I'm fine with waiting until the game is completed however long that takes, or if they find a way to fix the bug creating these problems. I just cannot start the game over, that's ridiculous.

Reactions: sailboat

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Hmm, I skipped the troublesome v13.5 and went straight from v13.0 to v13.6.
The save game seems to be working but as it looks like there are a lot of new triggers for supposedly earlier parts in the story now, correct?
Seems still like it would be better to start over, correct?

Syn2424

Dec 19, 2017
I'm having the issue a few other people seem to be having with no obvious way to fix it. Stuck at "Continue the Magic Story Route". Maybe there's something I'm missing to do, but there's no ! at any locations at any time of day and no other hints, so I guess I'm screwed for now. Tried triggering stuff via the guide by Putzi, but I never get the "Red is weak and needs medicine".
If you are using the mod I've explained a few pages before. Disable the mod by moving it or renaming it and the game will progress as normal. If you are not using the mod I cannot give any advice. It's a straight forward game, so unless something actually broke I don't know why you'd be stuck.

akuen

Dec 5, 2017
If you are using the mod I've explained a few pages before. Disable the mod by moving it or renaming it and the game will progress as normal. If you are not using the mod I cannot give any advice. It's a straight forward game, so unless something actually broke I don't know why you'd be stuck.
I am not using the mod. I saw people saying it was breaking their games so the only thing I'm using is Unren to enable console and rollback.

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
MEGA link is dead for anyone else? Same with the first uploader, can't use the link
Yeah it is dead to me as well :)
nothing we can do about other then hope it will be fixed either before or after the next release

::EDIT::
Oh the mega file for 0.13.6 public is working on the patreon page

Last edited:
Reactions: vall6269

vanphu111

Aug 31, 2019
I hope you post file update, no need to re-download the game (sry I do not speak English very well) ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes