Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The text on the parchments you can find is extremely difficult to read because of its font. There doesn't seem to be a way to close out of them with the mouse, either. Though, strangely, clicking does cause the arrow on the bottom to blink, so I think it's doing something weird and just not closing properly.

You can walk on the roof of that one shed. Specifically the tile that looks like it has stones on it, but the game might consider that a sort of path or something.

A bit of advice when designing towns in RPGMaker: Never put the doors on the sides or top unless there's something incredibly obvious telling you you can go inside. The paths on the ground aren't quite obvious enough for this, especially the one leading to the store. Edit: And *especially* that one house whose door is just off the path to another house.

...You're also completely free to just not give these houses doors instead of making every house enterable despite being completely empty.

The black-and-white images could stand to be a bit brighter. They kind of hurt my eyes the way they are now.

You should definitely not go so long between the last time you were able to save and something that could result in a game over or path split. Any time something like that comes up, you should ask yourself, "When was the last time I let the player save?" For the intro portions, maybe letting the player walk around whenever they stop for camp would be a good idea.

...Aaand the game crashed failing to load the music after the guards show up in the second town. At least there was a chance to save right before that, but now I can't progress.

Edit: I'm assuming it has something to do with the characters used in the song name. In my files it's listed as "Interpretaci+¦n de una Fantas+¡a", and the game is trying to load it as something with %Cs and stuff. Would it be possible to patch the name into using standard characters?

Edit 2: I think I might have been able to fix it by using a different unzipping software than the built-in Windows one, but the same problem might show up for other people, so it might still be worth changing. Or at least be ready to tell them to manually rename the file "Interpretación de una Fantasía".

Last edited:
Reactions: harold
Feb 11, 2019
This game is pretty well-written. I was enjoying it, but-

I seem to be doing something wrong with the tower puzzle. I went and stepped on each panel in order; 1, 2, 3, 4, then I re-stepped on panel 1 for the fifth option as according to the tower map. I proceeded to the room marked 6, collected the yellow orb, and can't progress further. The door at the bottom right of the map remains closed, and if there's any other way I'm supposed to progress, I can't tell.

I tried re-stepping on the fifth rune, but that did nothing.

I tried downloading the save linked earlier in the thread, but that only allows me to progress if I choose not to complete the trial. Trying to complete the trial plays the RPGMaker 'attack' sound effect, then the door flashes red, and then nothing else happens; the game essentially hangs there.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So just to be clear, where exactly does the path split in this version, and/or how much do certain choices affect things? I don't want to drug Merrin and hand her off to some random asshole, but I'm not sure if that's a prerequisite to the things I do want to do or not. And skipping through the text to see alternate routes is not quick in RPGMaker.

...Oh, okay, the tower is VERY MUCH not compatible with mouse controls. Uh, I'm not sure if there's any way to fix that... But it'd be really nice if there was. It's also way darker than I'm comfortable with. That's turning out to be a common problem with this game.

Merrin hands you 10 scraps of paper that serve as the basis for the orb puzzle, but even then it's a bit obtuse.
Yeah, this didn't happen the first time I went into the tower. I saw that you mentioned this so I looked in my inventory, and it was empty. Then I died and went through that whole lengthy story segment again (because I forgot to save before entering), and this time I had the papers. Maybe you accidentally made that not trigger if you chose certain dialogue options?

I seem to be doing something wrong with the tower puzzle. I went and stepped on each panel in order; 1, 2, 3, 4, then I re-stepped on panel 1 for the fifth option as according to the tower map. I proceeded to the room marked 6, collected the yellow orb, and can't progress further. The door at the bottom right of the map remains closed, and if there's any other way I'm supposed to progress, I can't tell.

I tried re-stepping on the fifth rune, but that did nothing.
Same issue here. It also doesn't help that the game doesn't even give any indication that stepping on those tiles did anything.

...WAIT. There is an extremely hard to see "7" on that map, on the tile that was previously 3.

Okay, so, the fact that the interaction button is used exactly twice in the whole tower makes it hard to realize when you are supposed to use it. Especially when one of those times is with a completely arbitrary object in a room full of identical objects, with no reason to believe that this one will do anything different. I thought people were exaggerating about the tower, but come on, nobody would get that part without a guide.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Okay, now that you've pointed it out, I can see it.

Wow, that really was basically invisible to me.
Looking over it again, I can see that the dev actually misnumbered things at first and then tried to manually fix it. They wrote step 6 as step 5, then step 8 as 6, and fixed both of them by drawing a line while shoehorning in the numbers 5 and 7 on those other switches that need to be hit a second time. But the new 8 looks nothing like an 8, so we didn't think to look for the 7.

And new bugs to report. When you're given control back after returning to Alastorr, you're *super* slow. I'm guessing your speed was changed for an event and then it was never set back. Also, the icon that tells you "click here to progress the story" disappears if you leave the room and come back. You can still interact with it, but it's invisible and people could easily forget where it was.

Interacting with the parchments on the bookshelf also causes the subquest UI to reappear, which stays in place during the next scenes.

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Darkstar-HAROLD-0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

eio12

Jun 9, 2022
I don't know if it's just a problem on my end, but the text for later choices seems to overlap. I think it started around the one at the door that decides whether you're good or evil. Screenshot (313).png

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
The text on the parchments you can find is extremely difficult to read because of its font. There doesn't seem to be a way to close out of them with the mouse, either. Though, strangely, clicking does cause the arrow on the bottom to blink, so I think it's doing something weird and just not closing properly.

You can walk on the roof of that one shed. Specifically the tile that looks like it has stones on it, but the game might consider that a sort of path or something.

A bit of advice when designing towns in RPGMaker: Never put the doors on the sides or top unless there's something incredibly obvious telling you you can go inside. The paths on the ground aren't quite obvious enough for this, especially the one leading to the store. Edit: And *especially* that one house whose door is just off the path to another house.

...You're also completely free to just not give these houses doors instead of making every house enterable despite being completely empty.

The black-and-white images could stand to be a bit brighter. They kind of hurt my eyes the way they are now.

You should definitely not go so long between the last time you were able to save and something that could result in a game over or path split. Any time something like that comes up, you should ask yourself, "When was the last time I let the player save?" For the intro portions, maybe letting the player walk around whenever they stop for camp would be a good idea.

...Aaand the game crashed failing to load the music after the guards show up in the second town. At least there was a chance to save right before that, but now I can't progress.

Edit: I'm assuming it has something to do with the characters used in the song name. In my files it's listed as "Interpretaci+¦n de una Fantas+¡a", and the game is trying to load it as something with %Cs and stuff. Would it be possible to patch the name into using standard characters?

Edit 2: I think I might have been able to fix it by using a different unzipping software than the built-in Windows one, but the same problem might show up for other people, so it might still be worth changing. Or at least be ready to tell them to manually rename the file "Interpretación de una Fantasía".
Thanks for the feedback! I'll add in a box that shows the document text in plain font and make adjustments to the other points you've brought up!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Looking over it again, I can see that the dev actually misnumbered things at first and then tried to manually fix it. They wrote step 6 as step 5, then step 8 as 6, and fixed both of them by drawing a line while shoehorning in the numbers 5 and 7 on those other switches that need to be hit a second time. But the new 8 looks nothing like an 8, so we didn't think to look for the 7.

And new bugs to report. When you're given control back after returning to Alastorr, you're *super* slow. I'm guessing your speed was changed for an event and then it was never set back. Also, the icon that tells you "click here to progress the story" disappears if you leave the room and come back. You can still interact with it, but it's invisible and people could easily forget where it was.

Interacting with the parchments on the bookshelf also causes the subquest UI to reappear, which stays in place during the next scenes.
Thanks for the reports, I'll fix those today and release a new patch!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
So just to be clear, where exactly does the path split in this version, and/or how much do certain choices affect things? I don't want to drug Merrin and hand her off to some random asshole, but I'm not sure if that's a prerequisite to the things I do want to do or not. And skipping through the text to see alternate routes is not quick in RPGMaker.

...Oh, okay, the tower is VERY MUCH not compatible with mouse controls. Uh, I'm not sure if there's any way to fix that... But it'd be really nice if there was. It's also way darker than I'm comfortable with. That's turning out to be a common problem with this game.

Yeah, this didn't happen the first time I went into the tower. I saw that you mentioned this so I looked in my inventory, and it was empty. Then I died and went through that whole lengthy story segment again (because I forgot to save before entering), and this time I had the papers. Maybe you accidentally made that not trigger if you chose certain dialogue options?

Same issue here. It also doesn't help that the game doesn't even give any indication that stepping on those tiles did anything.

...WAIT. There is an extremely hard to see "7" on that map, on the tile that was previously 3.

Okay, so, the fact that the interaction button is used exactly twice in the whole tower makes it hard to realize when you are supposed to use it. Especially when one of those times is with a completely arbitrary object in a room full of identical objects, with no reason to believe that this one will do anything different. I thought people were exaggerating about the tower, but come on, nobody would get that part without a guide.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix those issues.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Alright, so I've finished the content of the corruption route so far and am ready to give some feedback on that. For starters, I love that you can choose how far/what kind of corruption you inflict on each girl, with the implication that further development will lead to a total of four different "modes" ("pure", corrupt, possibly bimbo?, and slave), but I'm worried about what that means for the amount of resources expended on each scene. Right now there are two versions of every scene for the first girl, which becomes four if you count both player genders. Once all four options are available, we'll end up with four/eight, and any threesome scenes could have sixteen/thirty-two potential variations.

However, I think one potential solution could also double as a solution to RPGMaker's issue of making it extremely difficult to explore multiple different paths quickly. Perhaps in later stages of corruption, as the girl falls more under our control, we could gain the ability to switch between her personalities at will? This might result in some continuity errors from characters meeting someone in a different personality and then acting like their previous meeting was in that personality (e.g. Wilhelmina acting like she didn't get dominated last time), but it would be a good excuse to not need to make a ton of variations for each scene, while also freeing up time/energy/resources to make a wider variety of scenes. So even if you typically keep Character A in "pure" mode and Character B in "slave" mode, a particular sex scene might say, "Actually, I want A to be corrupt and dominate the pure and innocent B right now." You could also choose to have that scene with both in slave mode, or with B as a bimbo eating out the pure A, without the dev having to make another thirteen variations for every possibile combination.

Speaking of the four different personalities, I feel like that one scene introducing them may have used their portraits improperly. For instance, the line "If [MC] wants me to be a bitch, then a bitch I shall be" is accompanied by the portrait of what's probably supposed to be the pure personality instead of the slave personality, and a few of the lines after that seem similarly mismatched.

All that being said, with the current direction the corrupt route is taking, I'm hopeful that we'll eventually have the option to "reverse corrupt" you-know-who. Reverse corruption is almost never done but can be every bit as fun as regular corruption, where you tempt your victim with the forbidden pleasures that she's always denied herself, like *hand-holding* and *staring into your lover's eyes as they tell you how much they love you*. And the only thing she needs to do to feel this happiness is to surrender her old self, accept you as her master, and let you reshape her heart and mind according to your whims. Instead of treating it as a redemption, she's falling under your power and succumbing to the irresistable allure of the Good Ending.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote