harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
THE TOWER IS NOW CHANGED

You can skip the first two tower floors!

If you choose to play the tower, it's much easier. Dead ends you previously came across will be blocked off. The hints are much clearer. The second floor has directions to put you on the right path. Mural and doll events now automatically play.

Darkstar 4_21_2024 12_53_17 PM.png

Other updates: other bug fixes, more save points added, tower is slightly brighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milkshake5

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
This game is pretty well-written. I was enjoying it, but-

I seem to be doing something wrong with the tower puzzle. I went and stepped on each panel in order; 1, 2, 3, 4, then I re-stepped on panel 1 for the fifth option as according to the tower map. I proceeded to the room marked 6, collected the yellow orb, and can't progress further. The door at the bottom right of the map remains closed, and if there's any other way I'm supposed to progress, I can't tell.

I tried re-stepping on the fifth rune, but that did nothing.

I tried downloading the save linked earlier in the thread, but that only allows me to progress if I choose not to complete the trial. Trying to complete the trial plays the RPGMaker 'attack' sound effect, then the door flashes red, and then nothing else happens; the game essentially hangs there.
Sorry to hear that, I've been unable to replicate that, the save works for me... Maybe the save got corrupted in the upload/download process?

I've added a skip in the new update, maybe skipping the first tower floors with your own save will allow you to open the door.

DragonG22

Jul 21, 2023
It seems promising, But maybe I'll wait 1 or 2 days to be a little bit more...corrected?

But reading the coments here I hope to see a nice Mind control game here, so I'll come back later and see it myself

Reactions: harold

supertails92

Mar 2, 2018
There seems to be a bug with the hotfix on the pure route where if you do the mission for the guard before you go to the church and talk to the confessor the confessor will disappear and you will be unable to progress the quest. Tested with hotfix 1a applied.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
There seems to be a bug with the hotfix on the pure route where if you do the mission for the guard before you go to the church and talk to the confessor the confessor will disappear and you will be unable to progress the quest. Tested with hotfix 1a applied.
Thanks! I just updated the hotfix to fix that, try redownloading and applying it!

Feb 11, 2019
Sorry to hear that, I've been unable to replicate that, the save works for me... Maybe the save got corrupted in the upload/download process?

I've added a skip in the new update, maybe skipping the first tower floors with your own save will allow you to open the door.
I ended up playing the corruption route to completion earlier, when another user in the thread commented about the numbers that were easy to miss on the map.

I had some thoughts on the writing after this point. Namely;

I was a little disappointed with the corruption of the purple-haired girl. Playing as a female MC, the actual corruption itself happened really fast. I liked where it was going with the girl being corrupted with lust and assaulting the MC in her room, but once Merrin confronted her about the immorality of that, the corruption effectively auto-completed and she instantly became a depraved girl only thinking about sex and the corruption of others. I would have preferred if the process was more gradual; if she became corrupted enough to go along with the MC and enjoy sex, but not yet so corrupted she can only think of sex and actively becomes a detriment to your current mission due to it.

A secondary note;

I don't actually mind being subordinate to Merrin in-story. It's always funny running into situations where the developer clearly expects the player to want to get out from under another character's thumb, because I had no interest in doing so- Merrin's proposed goals and methods are fine, and if given the option I would have just nodded and gone along with exactly what she's offering.

Dec 4, 2021
Somewhat interesting plot with poor execution.
  1. Tower puzzles are horrible, as rest of 1st person maps (same wall textures over and over, emptiness+excessive size, no minimap)
  2. Lack of sounds (interaction with objects and music).
  3. Main character feels super empty (almost zero lines from him/her in dialogs and no facial expressions. No even saying anything about character model which seems to me like lazy solution to "hide" gender of MC).
  4. Typical H-scene content (maybe I'm missing something or media not playing correctly?):
    1. Begin scene
    2. Show 1 new picture with little to no description
    3. End scene
  5. A lot of "lore walls" but no quest journal to track useful information or tips if you missed something.
  6. Quality of renderers is meh at best (is there way to improve lightning in rendering scenes? As for now I must turn my monitor brightness to maximum to see anything)
  7. A lot of 1 option "choices" for MC. If they are mandatory lines, put all of them into dialog window, goddammit!
  8. One-shot combat (in both ways)
  9. For some strange coincidence MC knows about additional services in bakery (pure route). Does he/she have telepathic abilities?
  10. Some plot points and events feel too rushed.
  11. A lot of bugs:
    1. If you load save with 1st person view you got black screen (all textures invisible, besides monsters in tower)
    2. Sometimes when you in 1st person view, sprites of the objects are not displaying correctly (in my playthrough I've got invisible obstacles on 1st and 2nd floors and invisible monsters and girl in bookshop)
    3. this
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    4. and this
    5. there are more of them in the first village, you just need to try from different angles.
  12. Poor door indication in first village.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Somewhat interesting plot with poor execution.
  1. Tower puzzles are horrible, as rest of 1st person maps (same wall textures over and over, emptiness+excessive size, no minimap)
  2. Lack of sounds (interaction with objects and music).
  3. Main character feels super empty (almost zero lines from him/her in dialogs and no facial expressions. No even saying anything about character model which seems to me like lazy solution to "hide" gender of MC).
  4. Typical H-scene content (maybe I'm missing something or media not playing correctly?):
    1. Begin scene
    2. Show 1 new picture with little to no description
    3. End scene
  5. A lot of "lore walls" but no quest journal to track useful information or tips if you missed something.
  6. Quality of renderers is meh at best (is there way to improve lightning in rendering scenes? As for now I must turn my monitor brightness to maximum to see anything)
  7. A lot of 1 option "choices" for MC. If they are mandatory lines, put all of them into dialog window, goddammit!
  8. One-shot combat (in both ways)
  9. For some strange coincidence MC knows about additional services in bakery (pure route). Does he/she have telepathic abilities?
  10. Some plot points and events feel too rushed.
  11. A lot of bugs:
    1. If you load save with 1st person view you got black screen (all textures invisible, besides monsters in tower)
    2. Sometimes when you in 1st person view, sprites of the objects are not displaying correctly (in my playthrough I've got invisible obstacles on 1st and 2nd floors and invisible monsters and girl in bookshop)
    3. this
    4. and this
    5. there are more of them in the first village, you just need to try from different angles.
  12. Poor door indication in first village.
Thanks for the feedback! I agree with some of your criticisms and disagree with others. The hotfix gets rid of the parallax error, and I'll fix the other bugs not yet addressed!

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the experience. I know the release was rough as hell and there are many issues with the game, but there are a few points I'd like to push back on:

I'm not sure what you mean by no music or sound, there is music/sound effects. The volume is slightly lower than the default volume, but I can hear it clearly through both speaker and headphones at low volumes. Perhaps the game download was corrupted?

I stylised the dialogue options based on Fate/GO. The player speaks through the choices, even if there's only one option, that's what you're saying out loud. The text box are your private thoughts. I can make that clearer in updates.

I masked the MC to allow players to self insert more easily. The sprites have different bases for gender.

Libra told the player about the bakery, she gave them a promissory note and said to visit in a creepy way, the player got the gist.

I'll take the other criticisms under advisement. And some of those are already being worked on.

Future updates will include less one shot battles, as well as updated and clearer UI. Any reported bugs will be fixed as soon as humanly possible.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I ended up playing the corruption route to completion earlier, when another user in the thread commented about the numbers that were easy to miss on the map.

I had some thoughts on the writing after this point. Namely;

I was a little disappointed with the corruption of the purple-haired girl. Playing as a female MC, the actual corruption itself happened really fast. I liked where it was going with the girl being corrupted with lust and assaulting the MC in her room, but once Merrin confronted her about the immorality of that, the corruption effectively auto-completed and she instantly became a depraved girl only thinking about sex and the corruption of others. I would have preferred if the process was more gradual; if she became corrupted enough to go along with the MC and enjoy sex, but not yet so corrupted she can only think of sex and actively becomes a detriment to your current mission due to it.

A secondary note;

I don't actually mind being subordinate to Merrin in-story. It's always funny running into situations where the developer clearly expects the player to want to get out from under another character's thumb, because I had no interest in doing so- Merrin's proposed goals and methods are fine, and if given the option I would have just nodded and gone along with exactly what she's offering.
Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that the Trine corruption feels rushed, I'm actually planning on expanding the demo a bit sideways. I will add in more content for Alostorr (Corrupt Route) and the Capital (Pure Route) to make the flow more natural and less hectic.

youraccount69

Dec 30, 2020
Darkstar-HAROLD-0.1a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Actually, the "she's too horny" bit comes up even if you choose her "pure" personality, and is more a callback to that time she couldn't stop herself from raping you even before she became corrupted, rather than a quality of the "corrupt" personality. And the game does indicate that there will be two more stages of corruption after this, each of which will introduce a new personality option, so maybe a good solution would be to have a stage of corruption where "pure" is the only option before moving on to the second stage. I still think it would be a good idea to let us change personalities at will, but maybe it could progress like this:

1. You corrupt her into her "pure" personality, where she devotes herself to you but isn't truly corrupt. You-know-who gets mad and tells you this isn't good enough, so the two of you rush to try to progress her corruption to the second stage before leaving Alastorr.

2. You get Trine to accept that she can't serve you properly if she holds herself back, and she allows you to take her to the second stage of corruption. She changes to her second physical stage, but you have the option to tell her to let her corrupt personality free, or suppress it and let it be the "evil voice in her head" for her otherwise "pure" personality. (But rather than fighting it, she accepts that the voice is helping her to overcome the parts of herself keeping her from properly serving you, and tries her best to follow its suggestions.) She stays locked in whatever mode you choose until the next stage.

3. You eventually progress Trine to the next stage of corruption, which... gets her stuck in a bimbo personality. You-know-who is extremely unhappy about this, and demands that you figure out how to take her to the final stage to fix this.

4. You finally reach the fourth stage, where Trine gives herself over to you fully as your slave. She accepts that her very soul is yours to reshape and toy with as you please, and she'll become whatever you want - "pure", corrupt, bimbo, or slave - whenever you want it. You're able to freely change between the four personalities (or at least as freely as the semi-VN nature of the game allows), and they all acknowledge each other's existence as part of herself, united in their desire to serve you.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote