DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
If so the devs have only themselves to blame for sticking with Patreon after what happened with MrDots. The writing has been on the wall since then for unapproved adult content regardless of obfuscation methods used.
Hmm. Makes me wonder...

I posted a message about how a patch for a "deleted scenes" version of the game will eventually be available. So I wonder, do they actually play the games and download these patches to make sure they are within policy? Or do they just go off of the name, because DmD is pretty obvious.

So here's another question on that topic. What if there are "fan made" patches? Could they still punish the dev for that if this fan made patch is hosted, say on f95zone or else where not related directly to the devs patreon or website?

I'd like to think not.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Patreon is a company and companies are dictatorships not democracies. A company can and usually will do whatever they feel is in the best interest of the company (i.e. cable companies continually changing services to exclude some channels).
If Patreon wished to, no matter how unfair, it can sanction the dev. for actions with which the dev has plausible deniability.
Of course with the emergence of a tentative rival option Patreon may have less leverage.
IMO there is the possibility that because adult games are not Patreon's primary revenue source the company may be acting like a douchebag (bigger douchebag) to force "undesirables" off of their site.
In the long run adult content developers (no matter how extreme or vanilla) need to find a safer harbor than Patreon for the products their fans wish to continue to play.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I heard Patron was catching on to the incest patch on other games. Is this true?
For the games I play and/or support on Patreon, I haven't seen that indication yet.

One of those recently experienced a Patreon "pause" for review/issue out of the blue, but it turned out to be a mistake on the Patreon side (took about a week to resolve). Of note, that same game Dev has recently setup a SubscribeStar presence.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
IMO after playing several (putting it mildly) other adult games the Mr.Dots team created in D one of the truly best looking girls out there. Yes taking personal taste into account.
D seems to possess features which make her universally attractive. She is a character that could be used equally well in games with vastly differing content and genres.
Honestly a series of mini-games featuring the various adventures of D would be viable.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
if game released via patreon isn't against patreon's rules then patreon shouldn't be able to say game x is against its rules even if there's for example incest patch available elsewhere (for example sisterly lust) or relationships can be modified ingame (for example daughter for dessert and living with mia).

Reactions: DigiurgeCreations

MrLewdTimes

Oct 7, 2018
Ermm... okay this may sound stupid, so the story continues from chapter 1 to chapter 3. Do I need to do anything to ensure my progress carries over. I'm on android and unsure if game saves store in storage automatically or not.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ermm... okay this may sound stupid, so the story continues from chapter 1 to chapter 3. Do I need to do anything to ensure my progress carries over. I'm on android and unsure if game saves store in storage automatically or not.
On PC it doesn't carry over. Information would manually need to be input before you start chapter 3. I would assume the same applies on Android. So you would probably need to copy your information from chapter 2 and enter it into chapter 3 to begin.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Out of curiosity anyone here know just how large a combined file containing Chapters 1, 2 and 3 (to date) would be?

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
Out of curiosity anyone here know just how large a combined file containing Chapters 1, 2 and 3 (to date) would be?
with Chapter 1(.14), 2(.21.5) & 3(22.5) along with the each chapters walkthrough's its about 7 GB's when looking at the properties folder I have all DMD chapters in.

Reactions: RustyV

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
i hope the developer take his time with no pressure becoz chapter 3 was a hurry for me , missing the excellent description of the body like at chapter 1 and 2 .

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i hope the developer take his time with no pressure becoz chapter 3 was a hurry for me , missing the excellent description of the body like at chapter 1 and 2 .
ch1 and ch2 took a while to get completed and ch3 has just started.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
7.22GB
BTW for comparison-first update of each chapter
DMD 0.0.1-52,2 MB
DMD 0.15 -406 MB
DMD 0.22 -563 MB

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes