armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
RobZombi3 asked why the game was split up into chapters, and I answered him. It absolutely was not split up into chapters so people could skip early parts to get to "the real game". You're correct that some people are doing that, and I'm sure they're very happy it worked out this way, but that's not why it was done. It's just a happy accident.

I could do without the promiscuous best friend again; once was good, twice was fine, but third time in a row is not a charm. Obviously, being adult VNs written by the same people, there are going to be similarities, but I'd prefer one that doesn't feel like a clone in different clothes.
Sometimes you do what you think is right and suddenly you have created the next wonder of the world.
Just look at the first Zombicide game on Kickstarter.Right now they are remaking same game that have started the trend board games making milions on Kickstarter.Not all of course,and not always the best.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
I'd be down with Mr. Dots team uploading a patch, if you will, for each update. Normally this wouldn't be possible because most devs put all images/media into one .rpa file. But from the looks of it Dots has individual .rpa files for each day. So the patch could be done where the media rpa files are downloaded and the scripts.rpa perhaps is downloaded and you overwrite the pre-existing one with the new and there ya go. Didn't have to download the previous day<#>.rpa files assuming they didn't change anything within.

I'm fine with how the devs are doing it now, and I'm using a free Mega account so my limit is 5GB transfer a day. I'm also aware that there are a lot of people out there that don't have a great internet connection, so I'm understanding of those circumstances. Not everyone has a 100+Mb/sec connection. Hell for a while there(almost a year) I was solely dependent on tethering my cell phone for internet connection and I was very limited to monthly usage.

I think the devs have made a smart compromise with the current release process.

Anyways, just my two cents.

yolochase69

Jan 12, 2018
Played an old version up to day 11 lwith lots of saves on different paths. Months later, New machine, downloaded the new game, and I'm stuck digging through 1500 pages of comments to figure out why my saves won't work and what I can do about it. I would prefer to pick up where I left off. I see lots of people with the same issue, no solution??

Perhaps I could redownload the old CH1 compatible with my saves and then switch to the new version at the start of Ch2? Can a link be put on the OP for people with old saves who want to finish what they started?

It appears I can skip to the start of Ch2 and input numbers, but how do I know what to input? Perhaps a suggested set of numbers linked to the OP would save a lot of frustration, as this thread is massive and hard to find anything in. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, so even just a page number to go find it without digging through hours of posts would do the trick. Please make this process more user friendly for casual users.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I could do without the promiscuous best friend again; once was good, twice was fine, but third time in a row is not a charm. Obviously, being adult VNs written by the same people, there are going to be similarities, but I'd prefer one that doesn't feel like a clone in different clothes.
You have a point about just rearranging the deck chairs, this is a technique that has been used by uninspired or lazy writers. But some story formulas earn a fanbase because it works look at Supernatural. What is it 14 seasons now and still going strong with basically the same theme?

Some deviation could be good but if it's not broke don't step on it. IMO I would like the next game to bridge the interval between Melody and DMD featuring another blonde (or redhead) hottie.
Maybe with environmental sounds. For instance if Olivia (and the players) had heard a twig snapping to alert us of the perv watching her and D on the beach.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Played an old version up to day 11 lwith lots of saves on different paths. Months later, New machine, downloaded the new game, and I'm stuck digging through 1500 pages of comments to figure out why my saves won't work and what I can do about it. I would prefer to pick up where I left off. I see lots of people with the same issue, no solution??

Perhaps I could redownload the old CH1 compatible with my saves and then switch to the new version at the start of Ch2? Can a link be put on the OP for people with old saves who want to finish what they started?

It appears I can skip to the start of Ch2 and input numbers, but how do I know what to input? Perhaps a suggested set of numbers linked to the OP would save a lot of frustration, as this thread is massive and hard to find anything in. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, so even just a page number to go find it without digging through hours of posts would do the trick. Please make this process more user friendly for casual users.
Chapter 3 is stand alone as you'be been told. to make sure that you have adequate stats, here is best setup.
love points 230 ( Dev. has said these will be phased out in 3rd update? )
tits 25
ass 25
ex. 40
sharing 40
BDSM. min. of 10
the rest is personal preference. hope this helps without the need to start from scratch in v2.

Reactions: yolochase69

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
But some story formulas earn a fanbase because it works look at Supernatural. What is it 14 seasons now and still going strong with basically the same theme?
They're on Season 15 now. It's a good example, for both our perspectives; you're right that some people have been more than happy with a decade and a half of the same thing on repeat, but a fair few people have stopped watching for that very same reason.
I think of it as more akin to The Force Awakens; it could have been a decent movie, if it wasn't just a remake of A New Hope.

Some deviation could be good but if it's not broke don't step on it.
A fair point, but if we're exchanging aphorisms, variety is the spice of life.
In broad strokes, I agree with you; a game about seducing/corrupting an attractive young woman sounds great, even though it's the same basic story as the last two (and who knows how many more made by other people). It's the ancillary details (in this example, the far more sexually aggressive/adventurous best friend) that I think shouldn't remain a constant. Or maybe you're right, and it could be Mr. Dots' signature.

IMO I would like the next game to bridge the interval between Melody and DMD featuring another blonde (or redhead) hottie.
Personally, I've always preferred black hair, and I might have a thing for short women, or it might just be that almost every woman's shorter than me; I'm honestly uncertain which it is.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
I wouldn't mind the D having sex with random men. I don't rly care about her, I only want Elena and Jennifer for myself.
How about the pizza delivery guy? D has enough cash for the pizza, but not enough for the tip. :ROFLMAO:

I've had a script in mind. :unsure:

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
so in the dev noted is i dont need to load prev save in chapter 2? just play chapter 3 in new game?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so in the dev noted is i dont need to load prev save in chapter 2? just play chapter 3 in new game?
yes if you have finished ch 2 then just take notes of statpoints and start ch 3 and answer to few questions.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
They're on Season 15 now. It's a good example, for both our perspectives; you're right that some people have been more than happy with a decade and a half of the same thing on repeat, but a fair few people have stopped watching for that very same reason.
I think of it as more akin to The Force Awakens; it could have been a decent movie, if it wasn't just a remake of A New Hope.

A fair point, but if we're exchanging aphorisms, variety is the spice of life.
In broad strokes, I agree with you; a game about seducing/corrupting an attractive young woman sounds great, even though it's the same basic story as the last two (and who knows how many more made by other people). It's the ancillary details (in this example, the far more sexually aggressive/adventurous best friend) that I think shouldn't remain a constant. Or maybe you're right, and it could be Mr. Dots' signature.

Personally, I've always preferred black hair, and I might have a thing for short women, or it might just be that almost every woman's shorter than me; I'm honestly uncertain which it is.
Wow Season 15. I thought Supernatural would have ended at Season 13, the supernatural connotations of the number.

Actually I prefer dark haired girls in real life, but in corruption games for some reason I prefer a young hot blond girls (with fuller breasts :love:) as the focus of a VN. I guess its the white hat dark hat syndrome. Blond haired girls seem a bit more girl-next-doorish(?).

Keeping your brand fresh is important so maybe Mr.Dots and his team will experiment with a different story angle while DMD is still active. Some deviation could help pull fans into the new game and take his team out of their comfort zone to challenge their skills.

Another constant feature (if 2 games constitute a pattern) of the Mr.Dots team seems to be a girl who ends up being involved in a "glamorous" profession, DMD is a model, Melody becomes a rock star. Perhaps a main female character who is more mainstream? Like a teenage girl who is a high school student (who fights monsters and slays vampires :D).

Whatever the new NV is I just hope the team remembers these games are for entertainment and keep that as their underlying development theme.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Let's go with something more exotic like some of the Honey Select games or SU.
blue,green,violet etc hair color.

Reactions: RustyV

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
Another constant feature (if 2 games constitute a pattern) of the Mr.Dots team seems to be a girl who ends up being involved in a "glamorous" profession, DMD is a model, Melody becomes a rock star. Perhaps a main female character who is more mainstream? Like a teenage girl who is a high school student (who fights monsters and slays vampires :D).
Would she be the one born unto every generation?

Reactions: RustyV

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Keeping your brand fresh is important so maybe Mr.Dots and his team will experiment with a different story angle while DMD is still active. Some deviation could help pull fans into the new game and take his team out of their comfort zone to challenge their skills.

Another constant feature (if 2 games constitute a pattern) of the Mr.Dots team seems to be a girl who ends up being involved in a "glamorous" profession
Would like to see a young female politician just starting out in that shark infested world. Lots of choices and temptation to stay true to your values or succumb to corruption

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
A young politician is an interesting concept but unfortunately this theme could lead to politics and infecting the VN.
We are inundated by political rhetoric enough in the real world, VNs like DMD and places like F95 are one of the few havens from this unrelenting socio-political babble.
Ironically these threads seem to be one of the few places where people feel comfortable expressing their thoughts and sharing ideas with each other without fear of judgement.
AND now I got political.

Reactions: fbass
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes