roadie1960

Feb 8, 2019
Well, for me three chapters work perfectly. no objections from me, although i have fiber so it wouldn`t be a problem for me to download the game in one piece. But the game is so damn good that i really don`t care how many chapters it has. As far as i`m concerned, he is very welcome to keep it going on and add another three chapters. It sure is my favorite game till now.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
let me ask my question again : is there a PATCH file (with of course has smaller size) to download and extract on my 22.5 to change the version to 23 ? for half version i don't want to download whole chapter 3
No. Each release you need to download the new version, which includes the rest of ch. 3 as well.

To forstall your "why doesn't he provide a patch?" - that takes a lot of work. It's way easier to have Ren'Py spin up a new version than it is to make a patch.

Reactions: RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Seriously, some kind soul puts the new DMD update on the OP, you download it and play with D. Simple.
New Chapter, just put in the max stats you need in the introduction, game-play becomes less complicated.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
As I stated before, packing it in RAR and spliting it to parts is so much easier solution in my view. Everybody in the universe have RAR - some good souls even bought rar licence :p
For example Lancaster Boarding House have 6GB, yet splitted to four 1,5GB parts for easier DL. Lucky Mark have like 18GB (so much uncompressed Unity assets :cautious:) so it literally has to be splitted.
You may be surprised how many people would have a hard time and flood the thread with questions because they don't know how to download or open a multi-part rar.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
As I stated before, packing it in RAR and spliting it to parts is so much easier solution in my view. Everybody in the universe have RAR - some good souls even bought rar licence :p
For example Lancaster Boarding House have 6GB, yet splitted to four 1,5GB parts for easier DL. Lucky Mark have like 18GB (so much uncompressed Unity assets :cautious:) so it literally has to be splitted.
Please just stop before you make a further fool of yourself. You made your point, but at this point you're just digging.
This is made up by the devs as the months go. There is no grand plan at day1. It was split cause 'massive' download size was becomming a concurrent complaint near the end of chapter 1. Devs even tried to make it simple by the game storing variables locally outside the game-directive, and you should have seen the endless questions why the game didn't work when they just presumed it to work differently, and people copy-pasted incompatible savegames instead of actually reading the few lines at the end of ch.1. People are dumb in general (my oppinion) and if you try to fool-proof something, a bigger fool just breaks it anyways.
What you're suggesting will surely anger alot of those people as they got no clue how to do this, e-v-e-r-y month. I garantee it.
You're also shooting yourself in the foot by mentioning it's okay for Lucky Mark as it's 18Gb, but not for DMD that is currently 8Gb and nearing 10Gb before it's complete. So there is a breakpoint somewhere? Arbitrary that is YouR breakpoint. Who's to say some with a datacap don't have another breakpoint.
So please just leave it at that.
This ain't perfect, but the best the devs could do at those times. And seriously, 3x .exe's. I think you manage.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yea and when 1 package has errors needs to re-dl at least that package and in worst case all.

Reactions: RobZombi3

RobZombi3

Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Please just stop before you make a further fool of yourself. You made your point, but at this point you're just digging.
This is made up by the devs as the months go. There is no grand plan at day1. It was split cause 'massive' download size was becomming a concurrent complaint near the end of chapter 1. Devs even tried to make it simple by the game storing variables locally outside the game-directive, and you should have seen the endless questions why the game didn't work when they just presumed it to work differently, and people copy-pasted incompatible savegames instead of actually reading the few lines at the end of ch.1. People are dumb in general (my oppinion) and if you try to fool-proof something, a bigger fool just breaks it anyways.
What you're suggesting will surely anger alot of those people as they got no clue how to do this, e-v-e-r-y month. I garantee it.
You're also shooting yourself in the foot by mentioning it's okay for Lucky Mark as it's 18Gb, but not for DMD that is currently 8Gb and nearing 10Gb before it's complete. So there is a breakpoint somewhere? Arbitrary that is YouR breakpoint. Who's to say some with a datacap don't have another breakpoint.
So please just leave it at that.
This ain't perfect, but the best the devs could do at those times. And seriously, 3x .exe's. I think you manage.
Further fool of myself?:ROFLMAO: I was just asking (2 posts), suggesting things (1 post) and then guys such as Corvus Belli came to clear the issue for me (1 thank you post), more people coming in to say sth and reacting. (so this post is for you)
Sorry if I offended you so you feel need to react like this.
1) Reactin to people who reacts to my posts. Redirected them to my original points as they further digging in. So...there goes nothing for my part. (for example cxx, who has point that there is chance for DL parts get corrupted)
2) True you cant fool proof stuff to people. Maybe would be to hard to manage DL parts for people. But it kinda goes same way as having 3GB DL for each chapter.
3) You clearly missunderstood the whole remark I made about Lucky Mark. Its ok for DMD be big, same as Lucky Mark. I was all about that each chapter is a separate game. But not anymore since Corvus and others cleared this for me.
4) Thanks for you thinking I will manage. I have same feeling ;)

And yeah, thats my final post on this topic. Will not react to anyone who quote me in this thread for this matter.
Looking forward to play the game :coffee:
Cheers.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Further fool of myself?:ROFLMAO: I was just asking (2 posts), suggesting things (1 post) and then guys such as Corvus Belli came to clear the issue for me (1 thank you post), more people coming in to say sth and reacting. (so this post is for you)
Sorry if I offended you so you feel need to react like this.
1) Reactin to people who reacts to my posts. Redirected them to my original points as they further digging in. So...there goes nothing for my part. (for example cxx, who has point that there is chance for DL parts get corrupted)
2) True you cant fool proof stuff to people. Maybe would be to hard to manage DL parts for people. But it kinda goes same way as having 3GB DL for each chapter.
3) You clearly missunderstood the whole remark I made about Lucky Mark. Its ok for DMD be big, same as Lucky Mark. I was all about that each chapter is a separate game. But not anymore since Corvus and others cleared this for me.
4) Thanks for you thinking I will manage. I have same feeling ;)

And yeah, thats my final post on this topic. Will not react to anyone who quote me in this thread for this matter.
Looking forward to play the game :coffee:
Cheers.
You and Corvus both forget 1 very important thing.Many people just want to play when the real game starts.
For me and most-this is from ch.1,but for your suprise there is plenty of people that are skipping ch.1 and start the game from ch.2.Hell,there is even people that are skipping both ch.1 and ch.2.
So the game splitted on 3 is the best thing for them.
Also just because you can download 20GB file fast,doesn't mean it works same way for everyone.There is big parts of the world that still have limitations.And they are patrons of Mr.Dots too.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Then there is the issue of traditional story telling. There is storywide drama in DMD but each chapter additionally introduces the characters to a unique set of issues pertinent to that chapter which when resolved ends that episode in DMD.
Just let yourself be entertained by this VN. However IF separate VN Chapters bothers you that much then either muddle with the coding to create a DMD opus yourself or hire a modder to do it for you.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Has anyone found been any hints about what the VN after Melody will be?
Personally I hope the Mr.Dots team sticks to their game formula, a POV from the MC and a younger hottie with a slutty bestie that the MC and the slutty BFF are slowly corrupting. IMO now that there is Subscribestar the game will not have to be so vanilla as (for me) was Melody, not that it wasn't a well designed and written VN. A large part of the speculation on this DMD thread centers around what corruption will our darling D add to her sexual repertoire.

Last edited:

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
You and Corvus both forget 1 very important thing.Many people just want to play when the real game starts.
RobZombi3 asked why the game was split up into chapters, and I answered him. It absolutely was not split up into chapters so people could skip early parts to get to "the real game". You're correct that some people are doing that, and I'm sure they're very happy it worked out this way, but that's not why it was done. It's just a happy accident.

Personally I hope the Mr.Dots team sticks to their game formula, a POV from the MC and a younger hottie with a slutty bestie that the MC and the slutty BFF are slowly corrupting.
I could do without the promiscuous best friend again; once was good, twice was fine, but third time in a row is not a charm. Obviously, being adult VNs written by the same people, there are going to be similarities, but I'd prefer one that doesn't feel like a clone in different clothes.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
RobZombi3 asked why the game was split up into chapters, and I answered him. It absolutely was not split up into chapters so people could skip early parts to get to "the real game". You're correct that some people are doing that, and I'm sure they're very happy it worked out this way, but that's not why it was done. It's just a happy accident.

I could do without the promiscuous best friend again; once was good, twice was fine, but third time in a row is not a charm. Obviously, being adult VNs written by the same people, there are going to be similarities, but I'd prefer one that doesn't feel like a clone in different clothes.
Sometimes you do what you think is right and suddenly you have created the next wonder of the world.
Just look at the first Zombicide game on Kickstarter.Right now they are remaking same game that have started the trend board games making milions on Kickstarter.Not all of course,and not always the best.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
I'd be down with Mr. Dots team uploading a patch, if you will, for each update. Normally this wouldn't be possible because most devs put all images/media into one .rpa file. But from the looks of it Dots has individual .rpa files for each day. So the patch could be done where the media rpa files are downloaded and the scripts.rpa perhaps is downloaded and you overwrite the pre-existing one with the new and there ya go. Didn't have to download the previous day<#>.rpa files assuming they didn't change anything within.

I'm fine with how the devs are doing it now, and I'm using a free Mega account so my limit is 5GB transfer a day. I'm also aware that there are a lot of people out there that don't have a great internet connection, so I'm understanding of those circumstances. Not everyone has a 100+Mb/sec connection. Hell for a while there(almost a year) I was solely dependent on tethering my cell phone for internet connection and I was very limited to monthly usage.

I think the devs have made a smart compromise with the current release process.

Anyways, just my two cents.

yolochase69

Jan 12, 2018
Played an old version up to day 11 lwith lots of saves on different paths. Months later, New machine, downloaded the new game, and I'm stuck digging through 1500 pages of comments to figure out why my saves won't work and what I can do about it. I would prefer to pick up where I left off. I see lots of people with the same issue, no solution??

Perhaps I could redownload the old CH1 compatible with my saves and then switch to the new version at the start of Ch2? Can a link be put on the OP for people with old saves who want to finish what they started?

It appears I can skip to the start of Ch2 and input numbers, but how do I know what to input? Perhaps a suggested set of numbers linked to the OP would save a lot of frustration, as this thread is massive and hard to find anything in. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, so even just a page number to go find it without digging through hours of posts would do the trick. Please make this process more user friendly for casual users.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You have a point about just rearranging the deck chairs, this is a technique that has been used by uninspired or lazy writers. But some story formulas earn a fanbase because it works look at Supernatural. What is it 14 seasons now and still going strong with basically the same theme?

Some deviation could be good but if it's not broke don't step on it. IMO I would like the next game to bridge the interval between Melody and DMD featuring another blonde (or redhead) hottie.
Maybe with environmental sounds. For instance if Olivia (and the players) had heard a twig snapping to alert us of the perv watching her and D on the beach.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Played an old version up to day 11 lwith lots of saves on different paths. Months later, New machine, downloaded the new game, and I'm stuck digging through 1500 pages of comments to figure out why my saves won't work and what I can do about it. I would prefer to pick up where I left off. I see lots of people with the same issue, no solution??

Perhaps I could redownload the old CH1 compatible with my saves and then switch to the new version at the start of Ch2? Can a link be put on the OP for people with old saves who want to finish what they started?

It appears I can skip to the start of Ch2 and input numbers, but how do I know what to input? Perhaps a suggested set of numbers linked to the OP would save a lot of frustration, as this thread is massive and hard to find anything in. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, so even just a page number to go find it without digging through hours of posts would do the trick. Please make this process more user friendly for casual users.
Chapter 3 is stand alone as you'be been told. to make sure that you have adequate stats, here is best setup.
love points 230 ( Dev. has said these will be phased out in 3rd update? )
tits 25
ass 25
ex. 40
sharing 40
BDSM. min. of 10
the rest is personal preference. hope this helps without the need to start from scratch in v2.

Reactions: yolochase69
3.80 star(s) 322 Votes