Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Had not played it for several months, tried it today again. Played the last few weeks Skyrim (Lexy's LotD guide) and DMD felt sooo wrong. Not moving characters, no voices,... :) Felt as if I'm deaf. Do not misunderstand me, I like DMD and I do not really compare it with Skyrim, it is just the sudden shock of change which felt weird and wrong.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
While I'm in a complaining mood...about the 3D modelling and posing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Actually I didn't see the point of the grrr angry tiger pose except to show the girls' exposed breasts which was not supposed to be done in the shoot.
Plus the girls needed some cat face make up.
1583202362178.png

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Martin will most likely be fine with it as in the story we got see him get discriminated against so I do not think he will in turn judge F too harshly.
That is a good observation to create a situation for a F+D+Martin

Reactions: Juby89

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So, who else is ready for D's mom to see that mother daughter image D took?

Jul 18, 2019
heyho, is it normal that theres no sounds/music in chapter 1 ? judt dl'd it, to try it out, and its absolute silence.

ult-v2.gif

Last edited:

magus448

May 22, 2018
On the Georgina route I'm guessing that's closer to the truth. Her being a better mom than her real one.
heyho, is it normal that theres no sounds/music in chapter 1 ? judt dl'd it, to try it out, and its absolute silence.
Yes. Most of these games don't have audio. Sometimes I can't get the menu sound effects to work unless I'm playing as Admin. Though Mr. Dots other game Melody does have music, it's odd this doesn't yet.

Reactions: ScoobyWubblyDoody

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
watching sex scene (I think after karaoke) with 'Sharing with Martin'' on, F seems to be trying to get D excited by the idea of other guys wanting to fuck her

Reactions: fbass

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
IMO this was one of the best updates so far:
The image quality is better, and the story has gotten more complex.
I liked the Simpsons karaoke reference and the inclusion of Melody as one of D's favorite singers. The reference to Australian relief fund drive was humorous, as was D saying it felt like a year since F gave her a massage. I liked how SL was tied to DMD and Martin being involved with Jazmin.
The cameo with X and Sophie was a nice touch, but being that DMD is in the future those two have aged well. I wish they would have been altered a bit to show the passage of time, like Sophie having slightly different hair style.
There was so much positive in this update that I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings I liked at the time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But overall a truly terrific and remarkable update! Great work Mr.Dots and his team!
The social commentary did feel kind of forced.
Outside of aboriginal issues in Australia involving Britain, I really only know about the indentured servitude, and slave issues post civil war where the decline of the cotton market moved to Australia for a short period. Australia is kind of known for it's acceptance where I have heard and that seemed a little out of place. If it were America, I might see it happening, MAYBE, but this doesn't take place in the US or "donutistan"... Even in the US if someone said something like that in public, especially loud enough for others to hear, someone woulda started some shit. Aside from being an asshat online, behaving that way in public would be very ballsy or very stupid.
PETA doesn't really help much in terms of animal rights and is kind of a running gag around here. Making me think this was a forced thing in where D has to/wants to do a nude/semi nude photoshoot. It felt uncomfortable that the nude photoshoot came so quickly, and I spent the whole time assuming C was going to try something on D, despite doing D path only with no sharing. Georgina's little speech as well was a bit off putting and kind of made me think she was a degenerate trying to get D naked. She kept mentioning the cause and how bodies are beautiful, but using a cause as a reason to do something seems stupid and arrogant. Do something because you want to and because you feel it is right or are comfortable with it. Not because of some good cause should have been what she said.
Both these scenarios seemed odd to me and felt like dots team were trying to say something in a not so conspicuous way.
Granted that dmd is in itself a sort of social commentary, these two things came a little out of left field, but I don't think it's a big deal. I still enjoy playing DMD :D

roadie1960

Feb 8, 2019
Great update, only thing missing is the action in bed between Rachel and Maria, i sure as hell wanted to see that! And yes..... I like Rachel....sorry.

Reactions: fbass

smellar

Dec 27, 2018
I think SL is set about a decade afer DMD.
Melody was prior to DMD, young Koko, then DMD followed by SL.
You may be right with SL, I don't know if anything has been said in the game announcements.
I assume DMD and MEL are set in the same time period since Mr Dots crossed them over in this latest DMD episode, having Sophie and Xianne walking into the restaurant (not looking any older like they presumably would if MEL was prior) and having D mention Melody as a singer.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The social commentary did feel kind of forced.
Outside of aboriginal issues in Australia involving Britain, I really only know about the indentured servitude, and slave issues post civil war where the decline of the cotton market moved to Australia for a short period. Australia is kind of known for it's acceptance where I have heard and that seemed a little out of place. If it were America, I might see it happening, MAYBE, but this doesn't take place in the US or "donutistan"... Even in the US if someone said something like that in public, especially loud enough for others to hear, someone woulda started some shit. Aside from being an asshat online, behaving that way in public would be very ballsy or very stupid.
PETA doesn't really help much in terms of animal rights and is kind of a running gag around here. Making me think this was a forced thing in where D has to/wants to do a nude/semi nude photoshoot. It felt uncomfortable that the nude photoshoot came so quickly, and I spent the whole time assuming C was going to try something on D, despite doing D path only with no sharing. Georgina's little speech as well was a bit off putting and kind of made me think she was a degenerate trying to get D naked. She kept mentioning the cause and how bodies are beautiful, but using a cause as a reason to do something seems stupid and arrogant. Do something because you want to and because you feel it is right or are comfortable with it. Not because of some good cause should have been what she said.
Both these scenarios seemed odd to me and felt like dots team were trying to say something in a not so conspicuous way.
Granted that dmd is in itself a sort of social commentary, these two things came a little out of left field, but I don't think it's a big deal. I still enjoy playing DMD :D
I read a comment that said maybe the discrimination aimed at Martin is a device to make him be more accepting of D having a relationship with her father.
Personally I don't need D "social justice crusader".
One other issue I have with this update is that playing it through on either the sharing or D only route made very little difference. This seemed like a D only update, so logically the next update should be a D sexual animal update. :unsure:

Reactions: Looper9 and fbass

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I wonder if D+Martin sex will be a one off get-it-and-go, or will they have a fling?
IMO the plot seems to be building to D seeing Martin as more than a sex partner.
I guess it depends on F and how he reacts when D tells him about her feelings for Martin. I just hope we get the D+Martin update before people are taking down Halloween decorations.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes