tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Yeah its cool that you want to enjoy the game how you want and I hope you get to bang lots of sweet digital moms in the future, but what is wrong with me enjoying it how I want? Maybe I want to see those same digital Moms banging someone else.

Maybe I got my point across wrong but if its not optional and instead forced on you then I agree. For example in DMD if you rejected Elena in chapter one you got to see her with that young man with no option to skip.

But if its optional why get mad at how someone else wants to play their story in the game.
Never have never will, I was directly addressing your statement in what I quoted. As I said, I enjoy playing both types of games depending on my mood. Besides, stating a preference for one is not a condemnation of the other. Some people tend to think that it is.

Juby89

Jun 27, 2017
Never have never will, I was directly addressing your statement in what I quoted. As I said, I enjoy playing both types of games depending on my mood. Besides, stating a preference for one is not a condemnation of the other. Some people tend to think that it is.
Sorry I think we basically agree then. I am dyslexic and sometimes struggle to get my point across or misread others messages.

Reactions: tanstaafl

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
I will never get the "girls can fuck no one but me" attitude.
Some people don't like to share their toys. It's not exactly a difficult thought process to grasp; I mean, there's a reason the overwhelming majority of people aren't in open relationships. I mean, historically speaking, people who've had harems haven't been all that accepting of the women in those harems fucking other men, have they?

DMD is so good because it gives you the option to play how you like with plenty of opportunities and warnings when you are heading down a sharing route if that is something you don't want to see.
Yes, but as I understand their recent intent, they're limiting those options. I think that's the problem.
As of right now, there are three broad options:
A) MC + D. Player has one toy they get to enjoy all to themself.
B) MC + D + other female characters, all only sleeping with the MC. Player has multiple toys they get to enjoy to themself.
C) MC + D + other female characters, all of whom are sleeping with men other than the MC. Player has to share all their toys.
Going forward, there will be only two options (A and C), so people who like B are getting shafted. What proportion of people like B, and are likely to be pissed at its removal? Couldn't say; seems to be the majority to me (meaning it's a weird decision to remove it), but maybe there's fewer of them than I think.
If I've misunderstood their intent, and B will still be an option, please don't hesitate to correct me.

Juby89

Jun 27, 2017
Some people don't like to share their toys. It's not exactly a difficult thought process to grasp; I mean, there's a reason the overwhelming majority of people aren't in open relationships. I mean, historically speaking, people who've had harems haven't been all that accepting of the women in those harems fucking other men, have they?
I worded it wrong but what I meant by that is people who moan about the other relationship paths in adult visual novels. Especially if the path involves something they are not into such as sharing or a girl they previously turned down ends up with another fella. Like the very concept that it exists as an option triggers them even though in their personal playthrough it does not.

Yes, but as I understand their recent intent, they're limiting those options. I think that's the problem.
As of right now, there are three broad options:
A) MC + D. Player has one toy they get to enjoy all to themself.
B) MC + D + other female characters, all only sleeping with the MC. Player has multiple toys they get to enjoy to themself.
C) MC + D + other female characters, all of whom are sleeping with men other than the MC. Player has to share all their toys.
Going forward, there will be only two options (A and C), so people who like B are getting shafted. What proportion of people like B, and are likely to be pissed at its removal? Couldn't say; seems to be the majority to me (meaning it's a weird decision to remove it), but maybe there's fewer of them than I think.
If I've misunderstood their intent, and B will still be an option, please don't hesitate to correct me.
I honestly have not heard about them removing the B route is this actually a thing they have said? I guess the B route would be the Elena Georgina/Jennifer route?

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Like the very concept that it exists as an option triggers them even though in their personal playthrough it does not.
Okay, that makes more sense. It's more "people who're oppossed to everything other than their preference even exisiting" you can't wrap your head around. I can agree with that.
If I had to guess, I'd say for some it's greed and concerns over resource allocation; every resource (time and effort, in this case) spent on things they don't like is time that's wasted, since it's not being spent on what matters (a.k.a. the thing they want). It's petty, and very self-absorbed, but I can understand it.
For others, it's just complete vitriol for certain ideas, and the reasoning is going to be different depending on the particular idea.

I honestly have not heard about them removing the B route is this actually a thing they have said? I guess the B route would be the Elena Georgina/Jennifer route?
As I said, I may be wrong, or I've misunderstood, or been misinformed.
As I understand it, going forward, you can absolutely have a faithful relationship between MC & D, just the two of them. That's option A, the Monogamous Path.
But if the MC starts fucking other women (Elena, Jennifer, Georgina, or some combination thereof), then D will also start fucking other men; there is no avoiding that, other than sticking to the A path, and never fucking any of the other women. That's option C, the Sharing Path (which many people will define as NTR, even if Jeff or MrDots disagrees with their terminology, because what they mean when they say "NTR" is "someone else fucking my woman").
Option B (the Harem Path) would have been MC fucking D and Elena (let's pick her for sake of ease) and they're both fucking just the MC, because the MC doesn't like to share his toys. That option no longer exists. Or perhaps it still exists in DMD, but won't appear in other MrDots games from this point on; I'm honestly not 100% certain. Either way, it strikes me as a bad decision. I imagine the people who like B outnumber the people who like C, and I'm basing that on the fact most people are either monogamous or hypocrites (it's fine for them to fuck other people, but not for their sexual partner to do so). People who're fine with open relationships are a distinct minority.
If i've misunderstood, and Monogamous, Harem and Sharing are all options, then I see no problem. If only two of those are options, regardless of which one is cut, I see a very obvious problem.

Here's the relevant quote from Jeff Steel.
But my issues with the complaining crowd is this, and thus is my firm non-mutable belief - what is Good for the Gander is Good for the Goose.

Every VN the MDots Works creates will have a male protagonist who will have multiple interweaving love interest paths. The female characters should be able to enjoy the same possibilities (though maybe not “multiple” for all the female characters, given the time and effort that would take).

DMD has made progress on this front in that the main love interest will have sex with at least two other men besides the MC. And these men are not written as adversaries to the MC. And the MC is not being written as having a fetish for being in a beta position. I’m not sure any other VN on f95zone is doing this, unless it is written from a female’s perspective. (If there are others, please let me know).

I don’t have a problem with people complaining about options, but when it comes to a point that we cannot support three options - it is frustrating to lose the Gander/Goose option due to the vocal complaining of some.

I know we’ve lost (or have not attracted) some people due to the growing Gander/Goose steps we’ve taken over the years. And we’ve also gained fans for that reason. Someday we won’t have to give a choice in this area because the fan base will find it is the norm.

DaddyTee

Jul 31, 2020
I'm curious do we have to download everything separately?
One option says ch1-2 and if I click on it it redirects to a ch3xyz file,
Do I have to download ch 1,2 and 3 separately or what?
Apart from that are there any extras? What should be the method to experience everything as a first time player?
What should be the chronology? I'm sorry don't want to miss anything lol

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Well see your male centric fantasy is problematic so you can't have it anymore.
I really hope that's sarcasm, but I often can't tell in written form unless it's ridiculously, cartoonsihly obvious.

Just in case it's not, I have two counterpoints. If it is, I apologise in advance.
First, it's not actually male-centric, just possessive and hypocritical. The example I gave was from a male perspective, I'll grant you, because DMD is from a male perspective, but the same thought process holds true if the MC is female and all the people they can fuck are male. In my experience women can be just as greedy, possessive and hypocritical ("I want multiple lovers, but they all have to be faithful to me because I don't want to be cheated on") as men. YMMV, of course.
Second point; it's a game about someone fuckng their daughter. If we're talking about things being problematic, i think i may have spotted one...

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
I'm curious do we have to download everything separately?
One option says ch1-2 and if I click on it it redirects to a ch3xyz file,
Do I have to download ch 1,2 and 3 separately or what?
Apart from that are there any extras? What should be the method to experience everything as a first time player?
What should be the chronology? I'm sorry don't want to miss anything lol
Have to download 3 chapters separately and extras are included in downloads. Chapter 3 is still currently in update though as well

Reactions: DaddyTee
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes