Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
Sorry one final question: How long is this game? Both as it is and estimated at completion? I feel like I've been playing for hours and am still in chapter 1. That's not a conmplaint I'm just quite surprised. Especially for A VN and not some grindy shit

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, it would, because D or any LI of the MC having sex with another guy that is outwith the player's control IS NTR,
By your definition it is, but not according to the definiton they're using, it isn't. And the definition that matters, in terms of what content they might include, is the definition of the developers.
Their definition is simple; 1) The MC is in a relationship with the love interest, and 2) another person steals that love interest away via sex, sexual prowess, etc. That's literally all they count as NTR, according to their own Discord; anything else isn't. If D unavoidably fucks Ryan or Martin against player choice in a future update, but isn't "stolen away" from the MC by the experience, then they've technically kept their promise.

that's why both Martin and Ryan are optional because it's up to the player whether they want to see D involved with another man, but she will never ever do that of her volition.
Thus far that's been true, absolutely, but Jeff's claim is that going forward, in future games (and I'm not sure if he includes DMD Chapter 4 in that group or not) that will no longer be the case. He claims that if the MC has more than one lover, then so will the principal female love interest, because "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."
Now, obviously, if he was excluding DMD Chapter 4 from "all future games" then there's no problem; everyone going into those hypothetical other games would know the score from the start. But if he wasn't excluding it, and his claim that's the new status quo is true, then we've suddenly got the problem where there is no NTR (as they define it) but a lot of players will be pissed because there is NTR, by their definition, and it'll come out of left-field.

The MC/player is essentially approving of whatever sex acts D can perform, therefore if they're not OK with D fucking other guys, then she won't do it because the MC/player chooses not to let it happen, and the same goes for all the other girls who don't already have partners.
Again, that's totally accurate thus far. But if what Jeff claims is accurate, then there's no guarantee it'll be true going forward. The statements "if the MC has multiple lovers then so will the principal love interest, unavoidably" and "D won't have sex with any other man of her own volition, without player consent" cannot both be true, can they? They're mutually exclusive.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
So much debate over an issue that can be resolved with a simple click of a button. Turn off the Martin path and she never gets curious about other guys. Simple.

Reactions: Kintarosmash

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
So much debate over an issue that can be resolved with a simple click of a button. Turn off the Martin path and she never gets curious about other guys. Simple.
I'm really not sure what part of what I'm saying people keep missing; I feel like I'm being really clear, but obviously I'm not explaining this very well.
I'm not talking about how the game functions at present; I'm talking about how it may be about to change, according to someone in the development team.
According to Jeff Steel, the intent for MrDots Games going forward is that if the MC is fucking women other than the principal love interest (in this case, that'd be D), then the principal love interest will be fucking other men, and it will be unavoidable. If you want to avoid that happening, then the only way is to be monogamous with the principal love interest; there is no way to have multiple female partners without D simultaneously having multiple male partners.
Maybe Jeff's lying, or DMD will be excluded from the new status quo, but that is what he has said.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm really not sure what part of what I'm saying people keep missing; I feel like I'm being really clear, but obviously I'm not explaining this very well.
I'm not talking about how the game functions at present; I'm talking about how it may be about to change, according to someone in the development team.
According to Jeff Steel, the intent for MrDots Games going forward is that if the MC is fucking women other than the principal love interest (in this case, that'd be D), then the principal love interest will be fucking other men, and it will be unavoidable. If you want to avoid that happening, then the only way is to be monogamous with the principal love interest; there is no way to have multiple female partners without D simultaneously having multiple male partners.
Maybe Jeff's lying, or DMD will be excluded from the new status quo, but that is what he has said.
You are being clear, but also very wrong and misguided.

Regardless of what they define as NTR or not NTR, neither D nor any of the single LIs (Elena, Jennifer, Georgina) who are involved with the MC will EVER do anything with another guy unless the MC/player signs off on it. Period. They will not ever do anything with another guy without that approval and even if they have that approval, it will only be when the MC is also present AND with pre-approved guys like Martin and Ryan. So none of these girls will ever just go off and fuck random guys, or even pre-approved guys, when the MC isn't around. It's really that simple.

Also, Jeff is one of several involved in the writing process of MrD's games and most of the time what he's saying is simply his opinion/view and he's giving us an insight into the creative process, but it does not necessarily mean that what he's saying will ever be implemented, especially when it's something like this. Again, it may not meet their exact definition of NTR, but it veers very close to it for a lot of people so it would not, in my opinion, be a smart move to have the other LIs openly being with other guys while the MC is pursuing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Steel

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
I really hope that's sarcasm, but I often can't tell in written form unless it's ridiculously, cartoonsihly obvious.

Just in case it's not, I have two counterpoints. If it is, I apologise in advance.
First, it's not actually male-centric, just possessive and hypocritical. The example I gave was from a male perspective, I'll grant you, because DMD is from a male perspective, but the same thought process holds true if the MC is female and all the people they can fuck are male. In my experience women can be just as greedy, possessive and hypocritical ("I want multiple lovers, but they all have to be faithful to me because I don't want to be cheated on") as men. YMMV, of course.
Second point; it's a game about someone fuckng their daughter. If we're talking about things being problematic, i think i may have spotted one...
You have to go back.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Regardless of what they define as NTR or not NTR, neither D nor any of the single LIs (Elena, Jennifer, Georgina) who are involved with the MC will EVER do anything with another guy unless the MC/player signs off on it. Period.
I get that you think that, but when there are two mutually exclusive statements made about something, I think there needs to be a reason as to which one to consider false other than "the one I say; it's really that simple." That's especially true when the statement you're dismissing is the more recent claim; ideas evolve, and earlier statemets are not holy writ. If someone says "I'm going to do X" then later says "actually, from now on, I'm doing Z", I kind of need a better reason to dismiss Z out-of-hand other than "just because."

Also, Jeff is one of several involved in the writing process of MrD's games and most of the time what he's saying is simply his opinion/view and he's giving us an insight into the creative process, but it does not necessarily mean that what he's saying will ever be implemented, especially when it's something like this.
See that right there? That's a very good reason to be wary of the latter claim, and a lot more convincing than "It's X, because it is".
Thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning. I appreciate it.

Again, it may not meet their exact definition of NTR, but it veers very close to it for a lot of people so it would not, in my opinion, be a smart move to have the other LIs openly being with other guys while the MC is pursuing them.
I agree, but it being a bad decision in my opinion doesn't mean they wouldn't make it anyway, and is therefore not a good enough reason to dismiss the possibility; people make bad decisions all the time, often by commitee.
I also agree it veers very close to what most people regard as NTR, but I maintain that such a narrow definition as the one they're using exists specifically so they can cut close to the line, but still technically claim not to have included NTR, by their definition. I've seen similarly precise wording too often in contracts; it's like a flashing light.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
After 3 chapters of giving players the option to turn on or turn off certain paths, you think they will force you onto a path with no option to turn it on or off? You are worrying over absolutely nothing.

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
After 3 chapters of giving players the option to turn on or turn off certain paths, you think they will force you onto a path with no option to turn it on or off? You are worrying over absolutely nothing.
He might not be worrying over absolutely nothing. Considering the posts of Jeff he has quoted I'm a little bit worried myself as well. I'm still inclined to think that they won't, because as you, Holy Bacchus and Corvus Belli have pointed out, it wouldn't be very smart to change it at this point considering that the harem path seems to be the most popular one amongst fans, but Corvus Belli is still right to be worried.

As an aside, I think in general it would be very unwise to get rid of harem paths in all their forthcoming games from a marketing perspective, because of the popularity of such routes in many h-games. It might not be the most realistic path, but then again these are games where one can indulge in one's fantasies. In the end it's up to the devs of course, just my two cents.

zehyr

Apr 29, 2018
Or you can actually let people give their opinion. Devs need feedback, he's providing it.
It's not a opinion, it's a threat. If you don't do what i want, i quite this game. It's really disrespectful for the dev work and devotion.

You can tell what you prefer, no prob. Just Remember, it's an adult game, don't act like a kid.

jhalencak

May 14, 2020
There is a possibility of a MC romantic character outside of "D only" that has been discussed, and that's a polyamory path where MC does not cheat, but is a route open to and accepted by Daughter. Coming out is a movie about the creater of Wonder Woman, William Marston, and his polyamorous relationship with two women - -. In addition there have been multiple movies made about polyamorous relationships. In fear of dating myself, my favorite is the 1982 Daryl Hannah film, Summer Lovers. -- The key is MC remains "faithful" to the relationship because polyamory is specifically not cheating and is a relationship bought into by all parties. Here is 70+ other films about polyamory - .
can i ask how you can get there without rejecting any of them?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Jeff is a troll. He loves trolling. They even say on the Discord not to take him seriously. Jeff enjoys playing you all and you are playing right into it.
I am not a troll under this definition:

”What are social media trolls? They're people who deliberately provoke others online. By saying inflammatory and offensive things. They live to make people upset and angry.”

I don’t live to make people upset. i do get frustrated by the conversations and then use logic to a sarcastic outcome. We’ve been debating this issue for years now (since 2017) on DMD. I think people are correct that the pattern set will not deviate from expectations.

People are correct in saying any MFM with oral or vaginal (and I don’t see why not also masturbation by another) sex will only be with F present. And these paths will be avoidable.

Last edited:

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I am not a troll under this definition:

”What are social media trolls? They're people who deliberately provoke others online. By saying inflammatory and offensive things. They live to make people upset and angry.”

I don’t live to make people upset. i do get frustrated by the conversations and then use logic to a sarcastic outcome. We’ve been debating this issue for years now (since 2017) on DMD. I think people are correct that the pattern set will not deviate from expectations.

People are correct in saying any MFF with oral or vaginal (and I don’t see why not also masturbation by another) sex will only be with F present. And these paths will be avoidable.
Didn't you mean MMF ? I hope so anyway.

Reactions: Forix

BecaB02

Mar 16, 2020
hey! so i was having an issue before with my dmd 2 not working. i downloaded a new version and all my saves transferred over, but when i click on my most recent, it just takes me to the home screen instead of loading the game. normally i wouldn't care but i went a long way between saves haha. any thing you guys can think of to fix it? Thanks!

Trikus

May 31, 2020
They did that with the D/E lesbian path
When exactly, because in chapter 1 you are given the choice for D to start a relationship with her or not? 100% user decision. Yeah, Elena is a bit pushy, but she only goes beyond the occasional groping with D's permission, and the player is the one that grants permission or refuses it.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes