SavageHenry

Jan 19, 2022
Hi guys and gals, first time posting. I've ran into an issue where i can no longer save the game on (Chapter 2 - day 20) neither regular save or quick save works. In game i get an exception has occurred along with a long amount of script errors.
I've posted the traceback text document from the game folder with the errors. I can't make out what is wrong, i've deleted the save files from the game folder but the old saves still appear in game (are they stored some where else)

Hopefully i can get some help, enjoyed the story line with twists but stuck now as progression wont save.
Appreciate any input and or help (y)

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Many people here share my sentiment.... the game has gone stale.... it's boring as fuck
I can agree with that. About the rest, not trying to tell you what to do, just telling my opinion, just like you. Just pointing out why imho your way of thinking is a bit absurd. Then if you don't accept any contradictions ever, what's the point to discuss anything with you ? enjoy your stay here and prepare to be disapointed by life, unless you're rich.

• Haha
Reactions: Uthuriel

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I can agree with that. About the rest, not trying to tell you what to do, just telling my opinion, just like you. Just pointing out why imho your way of thinking is a bit absurd. Then if you don't accept any contradictions ever, what's the point to discuss anything with you ? enjoy your stay here and prepare to be disapointed by life, unless you're rich.
The dev has stated they want to finish this game and work on their other one and maybe...start something new? but you're like "nah fuck that I don't care what you want or what your patrons want just keep this going until the end of time!" What I find interesting is that you're actually encouraging a dev to milk there are several devs nailed up on crosses for that around here.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
The dev has stated they want to finish this game and work on their other one and maybe...start something new? but you're like "nah fuck that I don't care what you want or what your patrons want just keep this going until the end of time!" What I find interesting is that you're actually encouraging a dev to milk there are several devs nailed up on crosses for that around here.
Milking is subjective. In every thread of every game where devs are accused of milking, there's always a side thinking it's milking and a side who still likes the game. And again I don't understand why you care if you're not the one being milked. IE : if you don't pay, why give a fuck about those who do ? Both camps made their choice, nothing wrong there. When the majority will agree that it's milking, then devs won't get enough money anymore and move on to something else.

In DmD's case, of course devs will do what they want. My opinion is that I think this game has something special, and that this something may result in a big enough number of paying customers wanting more.
I may be wrong, we'll see. But if I'm right and devs feel that they can make enough money with more DmD content, I have no doubt they'll change their mind.

The main reason why maybe you and others want DmD to stop might be because they want more regular updates of SL (which I don't like because it's boring. Just my opinon, it's not worth more or less than yours).
If as you said, it's for devs coming with something new, then why not. I might like it. Like Melody for example, I still preferred DmD at the time but I definitely enjoyed it more than SL. But even tho, if what's next on devs plate is more SL + New game, I think I'll still miss more Dmd adventures.

Reactions: kokon1969

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
The main reason why maybe you and others want DmD to stop might be because you want more regular updates of SL
wrong...both are boring af now. DmD had a good start...but now, as many others have stated, it's just repetitive sex scenes with storylines that are all over the place. Dots' writing style is like that of someone who never had human interaction before and as someone mentioned previously, it's like the dialogue is a sentient wikipedia entry. Of course, if you like it, you like it. None of us can change your mind. But even if you like it, all good things must come to an end. At some point the Dots team will run out of terrible ideas and then it will just be even more repetitive B.S. with no real story.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Isn't it weird and wonderful that so many creative burns have been born in reaction to such mundane writing?
I think it's a beautiful thing. :D I about spit my beer out when I read that person's post.

I do hate on Dots' material a lot, but only because I got sucked in at first thinking it was really good and then it was just a downward spiral as it progressed. I actually never even completed Melody, though my last save is close to the end...I think.

Reactions: DavDR

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I think it's a beautiful thing. :D I about spit my beer out when I read that person's post.

I do hate on Dots' material a lot, but only because I got sucked in at first thinking it was really good and then it was just a downward spiral as it progressed. I actually never even completed Melody, though my last save is close to the end...I think.
The bonus stories at the end of Melody are what I enjoyed the most. The kind of things I'd like to see for DmD, but in bigger amount than what they did for Melody.
And I agree about DmD, the last updates have been disapointing, but I hope they can make it great again, and I've never paid for it, so I don't care if it lasts 20 years. The only issue, which I wasn't aware until I read it in this thread a few pages ago, is that Jeff Steele is not involved anymore in it. I don't know since when, but it's very probable that the writing went to shit after he left. But I still believe DmD WAS great, not to mention one of the first great ero-games of the F95 era, along with SS, SU and WT so there probably is a sizable fanbase (including me) that would enjoy it lasting more than planned. If they somehow manage to make good content again.
Glad you don't like SL, we can certainly agree on the dullness of this thing. I think I stopped playing it after 3-4 updates, now I just rip the CGs and the game still manages to disappoint me. Looks alright, but nothing interesting happens.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
The bonus stories at the end of Melody are what I enjoyed the most. The kind of things I'd like to see for DmD, but in bigger amount than what they did for Melody.
And I agree about DmD, the last updates have been disapointing, but I hope they can make it great again, and I've never paid for it, so I don't care if it lasts 20 years. The only issue, which I wasn't aware until I read it in this thread a few pages ago, is that Jeff Steele is not involved anymore in it. I don't know since when, but it's very probable that the writing went to shit after he left. But I still believe DmD WAS great, not to mention one of the first great ero-games of the F95 era, along with SS, SU and WT so there probably is a sizable fanbase (including me) that would enjoy it lasting more than planned. If they somehow manage to make good content again.
Glad you don't like SL, we can certainly agree on the dullness of this thing. I think I stopped playing it after 3-4 updates, now I just rip the CGs and the game still manages to disappoint me. Looks alright, but nothing interesting happens.
I agree with much you said here. I'm still sticking with DmD because I just want to see it through, which is why I want it to end soon. As for SL, I haven't played the past few updates because one of the updates didn't allow me to continue from my save and started me back at the beginning. At that point, I thought...no fucking way I'm going to put myself through this torture again.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Melody wasn't so bad, except for Dot's dialogue (shudder). I actually liked DMD too, until . . . well, you know.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Melody wasn't so bad, except for Dot's dialogue (shudder). I actually liked DMD too, until . . . well, you know.
yeah, I was actually really enjoying Melody. One thing that put me off was called the "best" ending in the walkthrough, which involved a not-pregnant Melody. I just didn't have the energy to go on.

The dialogue is the exact same in all his games, with plenty of inner monologues like, "hmmm...I wonder if this is really the best thing to do. One one hand, I'll have a nice turkey dinner, on the the other hand, the sun will grow into a red giant and ultimately kill all life on Earth. Should I really do this?"

And yeah, I'm definitely exaggerating here...but that's what they all read like. And also, the MC in DmD, Melody, SL...they are completely interchangeable and like the same fucking dude. I swear to Allah, that Dots is writing himself in as the MC in all these games.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
yeah, I was actually really enjoying Melody. One thing that put me off was called the "best" ending in the walkthrough, which involved a not-pregnant Melody. I just didn't have the energy to go on.

The dialogue is the exact same in all his games, with plenty of inner monologues like, "hmmm...I wonder if this is really the best thing to do. One one hand, I'll have a nice turkey dinner, on the the other hand, the sun will grow into a red giant and ultimately kill all life on Earth. Should I really do this?"

And yeah, I'm definitely exaggerating here...but that's what they all read like. And also, the MC in DmD, Melody, SL...they are completely interchangeable and like the same fucking dude. I swear to Allah, that Dots is writing himself in as the MC in all these games.
Oh God he is writing himself in!

Actually the best thing about his games is these comments forums. There's another poster on here that wrote a brilliant thing about how he hoped the next update would have a scene where F told D about pottery, it's history and etc. The wording was just perfect, absolutely some of the best deadpan humor I ever read.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Oh God he is writing himself in!

Actually the best thing about his games is these comments forums. There's another poster on here that wrote a brilliant thing about how he hoped the next update would have a scene where F told D about pottery, it's history and etc. The wording was just perfect, absolutely some of the best deadpan humor I ever read.
haha yeah, I've seen one or two posts like that. Reads just like how Dots would write the dialogue. Another reason why I'm still following these threads.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes