UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It's really simple. Despite all the opposition and the claims that the patrons are leaving, the truth is that Mr. Dots continues to enjoy six figure monthly support for his work of which DMD is a major factor. DMD will end when its market make sense for it to end. In the meantime, I still enjoy the VN. It was one of my first introduction to adult VNs, and all the elements that captivated me are still present.

Tastes vary.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's really simple. Despite all the opposition and the claims that the patrons are leaving, the truth is that Mr. Dots continues to enjoy six figure monthly support for his work of which DMD is a major factor. DMD will end when its market make sense for it to end. In the meantime, I still enjoy the VN. It was one of my first introduction to adult VNs, and all the elements that captivated me are still present.

Tastes vary.
You are right. Tastes vary and if you still like this, no problem. However, you talk about how much money Dots makes monthly as if that's something that matters. The Kardashians made a shit ton of money on their reality series. Does that mean it's quality? Nah.

Anyway...I'm not here to say you or anyone else is wrong for liking DmD or any of Dots' other VNs. I liked them all in the beginning, too. I'm just simply providing my opinion on why I think DmD needs to end and why I think Dots is overhyped for mediocrity and a very robotic narrative.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
You are right. Tastes vary and if you still like this, no problem. However, you talk about how much money Dots makes monthly as if that's something that matters. The Kardashians made a shit ton of money on their reality series. Does that mean it's quality? Nah.

Anyway...I'm not here to say you or anyone else is wrong for liking DmD or any of Dots' other VNs. I liked them all in the beginning, too. I'm just simply providing my opinion on why I think DmD needs to end and why I think Dots is overhyped for mediocrity and a very robotic narrative.
I think he meant Dots won't stop until it doesn't make enough money anymore, not that money=quality.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The bonus stories at the end of Melody are what I enjoyed the most. The kind of things I'd like to see for DmD, but in bigger amount than what they did for Melody.
And I agree about DmD, the last updates have been disapointing, but I hope they can make it great again, and I've never paid for it, so I don't care if it lasts 20 years. The only issue, which I wasn't aware until I read it in this thread a few pages ago, is that Jeff Steele is not involved anymore in it. I don't know since when, but it's very probable that the writing went to shit after he left. But I still believe DmD WAS great, not to mention one of the first great ero-games of the F95 era, along with SS, SU and WT so there probably is a sizable fanbase (including me) that would enjoy it lasting more than planned. If they somehow manage to make good content again.
Glad you don't like SL, we can certainly agree on the dullness of this thing. I think I stopped playing it after 3-4 updates, now I just rip the CGs and the game still manages to disappoint me. Looks alright, but nothing interesting happens.
WT?

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
I know this is Officially an Unmoderated We Hate DMD thread now, does anyone else know when is the next
projected release?

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
I can't figure out how to post this under review so I'll just leave it here and someone will probably come along.
When I originally played this game I was new to f95zone and what it had to offer. I came across this game on accident and it was awesome at first, something completely new. Lately though it has felt repetitive and typical. DMD definitely made me more discriminating towards what I consume, but it has stopped being the standard. Mr.Dots game melody came close to going on for way too long but ended at a pretty lucky point, and now this has gone on for way too long. Why am I even here anymore? Probably just to see how it ends, but that's how it goes sometimes. Too bad this could have ended sooner and finished on a higher note, but now it is what it is. I even was a part of Mr.Dots substar for this exact game, but when I moved I had to unsub and just never went back. The models are fine, the renders aren't anything to write home about, but there was effort put into it, definitely a lot of effort, mostly in the writing aspect. The problem isn't that it's a slow burn I think, the problem is that it feels like there is no real planned writing. It feels like they come up with something and add it in for each update rather than have an outlined story planned and then following it. I mean, that kind of writing can work, but I think that it's more lucky for that to work out than it is skill, and the luck ran out here. I am writing this at the time of the fourth chapter, but I have yet to start it yet because it just feels like it's going to be tedious. I'll see how it turns out but I don't think it's going to change how I feel about this game. In all it's a good starter to the genre's it's in but it's not the standard.

Reactions: AlfredBundy4
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes