oRRage

Aug 24, 2017
For some reason when I go onto an extra scene its a dark grey and light grey checker board, I don't know what I've done wrong since I extracted the contents of "DMD V0.12 Extras" into the game folder.

imansou

Jul 14, 2017
For some reason when I go onto an extra scene its a dark grey and light grey checker board, I don't know what I've done wrong since I extracted the contents of "DMD V0.12 Extras" into the game folder.
Mine does that too and I usually just wait it out and it loads.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Um guys you miss that part?

(2)(b) Three days ago MrDots he said: "We will continue with the story in the next update. After that, we will go back to finish the other two routes." Thus 0.13 would be followed with the career path routes.

(2)(c) Months before this, MrDots stated he would be keeping the "doctor" career path and would be changing the "programmer" career path to a "police office" career path.

Seems from 0.14 or maybe this will be 0.01 chapter 2,we will go back around day 4 when we choose the career.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
read the first page; it has the instructions.

then check the walkthrough which is also on the first page. you may need multiple saves to take advantage of diverging paths.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Does this game not have renders for the sex scenes? Everyone I get in game just has some weird black and grey background. I have to skip through it bc I can't see shit. Wondering if this is bc the game is incomplete or if it's a problem with my game installation?
That black and gray screen usually is a brief loading screen for the animations. It sounds like there's something wrong with your installation, possibly of the extras.

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
Huh, I extracted everything and just played? I saw the full download with the extras was already ver .12 so I didn't bother getting the update. So I am not sure what could be wrong with it?

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Huh, I extracted everything and just played? I saw the full download with the extras was already ver .12 so I didn't bother getting the update. So I am not sure what could be wrong with it?
If you downloaded version 12, game plus extras, then you should have everything you need. Do the animations not play at all or do you just get a loading screen for half a second to a couple of seconds before the animations play? if it's the former, then one of our resident gurus will have to help you. If it's the latter, this just means you have a computer system that's not fast enough to run the game without a brief loading screen.

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
If you downloaded version 12, game plus extras, then you should have everything you need. Do the animations not play at all or do you just get a loading screen for half a second to a couple of seconds before the animations play.
No I get the screen indefinitely as far as I can tell. I'll try and reload a save somewhere or I might have to restart. I am currently at day 9 at Graham and Olivia's apartment. Sucks I missed out on all these animations. The screen wouldn't change after 10 seconds or more so I would just click through until I got back to the pictures with text.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
No I get the screen indefinitely as far as I can tell. I'll try and reload a save somewhere or I might have to restart. I am currently at day 9 at Graham and Olivia's apartment. Sucks I missed out on all these animations. The screen wouldn't change after 10 seconds or more so I would just click through until I got back to the pictures with text.
Maybe @OhWee or one of our other experts can help you. I'm not a computer expert I'm just here for the games.:cool::cool: you will probably need to cut and paste the exception text that you get from the game if you get one of those gray gray screens. I've never heard of the game just stalling out on the grey and black checkerboard.

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
Yeah I've been searching everywhere but haven't seen anyone else mention it. So I figured maybe they weren't done with the animations? I just reloaded an old save and it still sits on the gray and black checkerboard. Still not getting any animations. Guess I will just play through without animations and just go through the game files and view them later. :/

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, saw that I was mentioned in a post, and read your post (thanks for thinking of me Paladin!) I'm not really an expert, but your problem sounds familiar.
Question: Is your DMD install on an external drive, or your main internal drive? The reason I'm asking this: I noticed that RenPy games didn't like being installed on a (slower) flash drive with a game a while back, so I've been installing RenPy games on internal drives ever since. RenPy accesses the disk with the game files a LOT, it doesn't just load them up all at once.

If this isn't the case, maybe someone else will have a decent insight as to what's going on. The only other thing I can think of is that, if you don't have a lot of system memory, or a low end graphics card, that this could impact RenPy performance with animated scenes... if not, maybe someone else has some thoughts?

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
Hmmm, saw that I was mentioned in a post, and read your post (thanks for thinking of me Paladin!) I'm not really an expert, but your problem sounds familiar.
Question: Is your DMD install on an external drive, or your main internal drive? The reason I'm asking this: I noticed that RenPy games didn't like being installed on a (slower) flash drive with a game a while back, so I've been installing RenPy games on internal drives ever since. RenPy accesses the disk with the game files a LOT, it doesn't just load them up all at once.

If this isn't the case, maybe someone else will have a decent insight as to what's going on. The only other thing I can think of is that, if you don't have a lot of system memory, or a low end graphics card, that this could impact RenPy performance with animated scenes... if not, maybe someone else has some thoughts?
Actually yes I do have it installed on a external drive on drive E:. I will try installing it on one of my main drives and see if anything changes. Not sure why I didn't think of this. I guess because I've never had other renpy games do this as I keep them all installed on the external drive to save space and memory. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Update: I extracted the game on my main C: drive and tried to run it. But I am still not able to see any animations even now. So I am not sure if something is wrong with the full download or not but I can't seem to get the animations to work in the game.

Last edited:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Actually yes I do have it installed on a external drive on drive E:. I will try installing it on one of my main drives and see if anything changes. Not sure why I didn't think of this. I guess because I've never had other renpy games do this as I keep them all installed on the external drive to save space and memory. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Update: I extracted the game on my main C: drive and tried to run it. But I am now getting a system error saying it cannot find the SDL2.dll file and is unable to run the game. But I found the file in question in the games DMD>lib>windows-i686 directory. Any idea what this is now?
This is a total novice problem solving suggestion but perhaps you should take the complete download file that you use that you downloaded from Mega or wherever and just take that zip file and unzip it on your internal drive and follow all the regular installation instructions and maybe it'll work better than with you are transferred version. So delete all your other versions except for the zip file and then reinstall. That's my suggestion

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
This is a total novice problem solving suggestion but perhaps you should take the complete download file that you use that you downloaded from Mega or wherever and just take that zip file and unzip it on your internal drive and follow all the regular installation instructions and maybe it'll work better than with you are transferred version. So delete all your other versions except for the zip file and then reinstall. That's my suggestion
Yeah that is what I have done on my main drive. I am extracting directly from the .zip file. So I am not sure what is going on. Even my other renpy games whether they be on my external drive or main have never had missing animations problems. So I am not sure what is with this game specifically. I'll just skip on the animations then. Unless someone is nice enough to link them to me so I could at least view them separately.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah that is what I have done on my main drive. I am extracting directly from the .zip file. So I am not sure what is going on. Even my other renpy games whether they be on my external drive or main have never had missing animations problems. So I am not sure what is with this game specifically. I'll just skip on the animations then. Unless someone is nice enough to link them to me so I could at least view them separately.
You can use unren.bat to extract the game art, since you've already downloaded it with the game. Then, just navigate to the game/images folder, and browse through the various subfolders there.

Place the unren.bat file in the Dating My Daugher 0.12 folder, click on it, and choose an option. I choose option 9 just because. This will extract all the art, and also make the console available should you want to use it later.

Incidentally, while I don't think it'll help, just maybe extracting the image files might fix your problem? I'm thinking not, but stranger things have happened.

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
You can use unren.bat to extract the game art, since you've already downloaded it with the game. Then, just navigate to the game/images folder, and browse through the various subfolders there.

Place the unren.bat file in the Dating My Daugher 0.12 folder, click on it, and choose an option. I choose option 9 just because. This will extract all the art, and also make the console available should you want to use it later.

Incidentally, while I don't think it'll help, just maybe extracting the image files might fix your problem? I'm thinking not, but stranger things have happened.
Where does the file get created exactly? I've run unren.bat twice and choose option 9 but I don't get an images folder afterwards?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you placed unren.bat correctly (inside the Dating My Daughter 0.12 folder), and then ran unren.bat, you should see images in the Dating My Daughter .12/game/images folder, inside a bunch of subfolders labeled by day, etc..

Or whatever the name of the DMD folder is that you extracted DMD to, inside game/images.

You should also see elena_masturbating webm directly inside the game/images folder

Last edited:

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
If you placed unren.bat correctly (inside the Dating My Daughter 0.12 folder), and then ran unren.bat, you should see images in the Dating My Daughter .12/game/images folder, inside a bunch of subfolders labeled by day, etc..

Or whatever the name of the DMD folder is that you extracted too, inside game/images.

You should also see elena_masturbating webm directly inside the game/images folder
This could maybe point to the problem I am having with animations. There is no images inside my game folder. There is a sfx and cache folder and then all the day.rpa files and archive file. Along with two "key" files and extras.rpa.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes