Jul 12, 2017
@Ryahn Excuse me but aren't you supposed to be a moderator - a person above the conversation, a person who does not take sides? You're literally threatening anyone with opinion different than "this game is awesome" by saying that in this thread people can only say nice things about the game and devs. I don't defend trolls but there are people with legit critique and questions asked. What you do is horrible for any society. And this forum is a form of social community.

Reactions: bronbron

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
@Ryahn Excuse me but aren't you supposed to be a moderator - a person above the conversation, a person who does not take sides? You're literally threatening anyone with opinion different than "this game is awesome" by saying that in this thread people can only say nice things about the game and devs. I don't defend trolls but there are people with legit critique and questions asked. What you do is horrible for any society. And this forum is a form of social community.
Part of the rules of the forum is to be civil and not offending people. Check this first.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pay attention to who posted the rules, surprise, eh?

Reactions: Vibescu

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
If you tell some to straight up to fuck off and go die somewhere. Dont you think that is bashing someone or offending someone? Its definitely not civil and its not an opinion/critique.

Also I dont take sides. I try to form a decision and if I cant, I have fellow staff members who can give guidence. If that doesnt work, it comes down to the Admins decision.

But if I did take sides, I would have locked this thread about 5 pages ago :p

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Let me help you with your reading comprehension. Many people are not skilled in English so I will clarify...
Ryahn said "Next person to bash the game devs or another member, the thread will be locked until 11pm EST Oct/24.
Be civil and take it to PMs or dont post anything at all."

= criticize severely
The next person to harshly criticize or put down another person, member, or the game developer will result in a moderator locking the thread until the time specified.

= courteous and polite
Be courteous and polite to other people, members, and game developer. If you have a problem with anyone, just private message or start a conversation with that person. Do not post a comment if you can not keep it courteous and polite.

I have also included a link to the rules of this forum to clarify any questions you may have.

I hope this has helped you. If you have any further misunderstandings or questions, please contact a moderator.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Happy Halloween (4K October Wallpaper)
Hi guys!

I know that this month's poster was going to be about D and Margo, but since it's halloween next week, I've decided to postpone that one to next month and give you another gift instead :)

A 4K Halloween wallpaper of D! I'll also be changing this reward and start giving you 4K wallpapers instead of just posters.

View attachment 29864
@TCMS could you please get a Chapter 2 preview/wallpaper thread going? Many many thank yous to @Vespak as always for these!

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I applaud the writers of the game. The game is brilliant. I play it as an erotic game not as fps or rpg or any other type of game. It's not fast pace. It is as it says, a visual novel.

I also understand why replaying the whole game (chapter 1) is more important than just waiting for chapter 2 and using the save files you have so far. I loved the extra scenes specially the one's with Olivia. I do not mind replaying it, i just take my time to enjoy.

KEEP UP the good writing and making of the game. I love the fact that it's so innocent and how the dad is so conscious/afraid of his decisions but also in love with his daughter. It's not a lust or twisted thing, just a man and a women. I love the fact that we have to wait to get to daughter and dad's first love making. I do however hope he will interact with Olivia again as i sort of started to like her character ( model also ) more and more.

@Atian_3 said:
As one of the writers of the game, my answer is: the main "plot point" of chapter 1 was to make the MCs fall in love with each other in a "believable" way - not so simple in an incest story. There might have been a bit of cunning from F especially at the beginning (something quite common in any legit seduction game I guess), but on the whole, I take some pride in the fact that everything has been consensual and respectful, immersed in a sweet caring atmosphere, and yet still sexy and naughty when the erotic tension arose. If FALLING IN LOVE (not to mention, passing from awkward hugging to horny mutual masturbation) is not a big step towards the completion of the story, I don't know what it is.

As for the fact that there is "no strong connection between F and D", I don't know what game you've played. I am genuinely taken aback by such a statement. Th game is stacked with bonfing moments: the Cupid Game when D tell F that she loves him... like, really... and kisses him...and it feels somewhat different; the nudist beach scene, when D hides behind F's back while confronting Koko; the fight with Lucas...! Really, the "selling point" of DMD as a whole, what makes it stand out ion comparison to other games, is precisely the strong connection between the MCs - that's something the fans tend to agree on. So, building that connection was another objective of this first chapter, and I'm surprised you didn't feel it. It might happen, sure, everybody "clicks" differently, but please be aware that you are definetely in a minority on this specific issue.

So, I have tackled the "plot developments" issue. As for characters' development, well, to start with, we get introduced to a lot of minor characters: Elena, Georgina, Jennifer, Richard, Lucas, Martin, Olivia, Graham, Koko, Riccardo, Margo, Rachel etc. Some of them were not "deepened" as we would have liked - didn't have time - but still, some others got a decent characterization while still keeping the sportlight on the MCs - again, no easy feat, given that many people got terribly angry as soon as D lost the tiniest bit of focus ("the game is titled dating my daughter, not dating my daughter's friend or dating my secretary"). Now we have a crowded cast of differently motivated character to play with, introducing them little by little was an objective of this first chapter.

As for the MCs, well the father can't really be developed that much, since it is supposed to stand for the player and cannot become too "specific" without losing its potential for identification. Also, he is already in his late 30s/early 40s, his potential for growth is not that much. We tried to depict his doubts about falling in love with his own daughter, how he eventually overcame them, his concerns about "raising" her at the best of his possibilities, and his guilt over cheating on her. Not much, I agree, but again, "fleshing" him was never the mainj point.

D is a different discourse though. You say you didn't notice her growth as a character, well I am very sad about that. We tried to depict how she got more and more confident throughout the game. The scene where she speaks with Rachel on Skype, the scene the scene where she reassures dad during a pause in the photo shoot with Richard (demonstrating to be more mature than him, still too jealous!), all her "alcohol aprrenticeship", her coming to terms with her body image, all these things stand for her growth and strenthening as a character. The arriving point of this process is fittingly the (almost) final scene of the chapter, when she has her very first orgasm. I think it is a defining moment: up until now, D was mostly "passive" in sexual matters because, well, she didn't really appreciate what was at stake. XD Now, she will be much more proactive, and enthusiast about discovering herself and her relationship with F. It seems to me a momentous event, and a worthy climax (wink wink) for D's character growth.

So, did we resolve something in ch.1? Sure, we had the MCs fall in love and decide to find a way to live together. We had a "final boss" (Lucas) defeated (actually a minion, the real obstacles are yet to come as you correcty said). And we had a general transormation of the character that gives the title to the game. So no, ch.1 was not useless, EVEN THOUGH when we decided to split the game into different chapters, we did think that it would have been a good thing if someone discovering the game for the first time could have started playing chapter 2 without feeling completely lost.

The way I see it, chapter 1 was about setting the general tone of the game, introducing the characters, and giving them something to fight for - their budding love; chapter 2 will be the "conflict chapter" where the MCs will have to really earn their happiness, afinding a way to live their love; and chapter 3 will be the "sandbox chapter" where players will have to decide which kind of "happy ever after" they want for this story. Many things are still to be decided, and I am only one of the writers (plus I won't collaborate to chapter 2 much), so don't take what I'm saying as definitve (especially about the chapter 3), but this is my general understaning of the DMD project. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
If you really are one of the writers of DMD then i applaud you. The game is brilliant. I play it as an erotic game not as fps or rpg or any other type of game. It's not fast pace. It is as it says, a visual novel.

I also understand why replaying the whole game (chapter 1) is more important than just waiting for chapter 2 and using the save files you have so far. I loved the extra scenes specially the one's with Olivia. I do not mind replaying it, i just take my time to enjoy.

KEEP UP the good writing and making of the game. I love the fact that it's so innocent and how the dad is so conscious/afraid of his decisions but also in love with his daughter. It's not a lust or twisted thing, just a man and a women. I love the fact that we have to wait to get to daughter and dad's first love making. I do however hope he will interact with Olivia again as i sort of started to like her character ( model also ) more and more.
Nope, I'm just a fan... the quote didn't work somehow... as I wanted to repeat @Atian_3's post (he's one of the writers)...

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I working on it now got 3 more days to go through.
would really appreciate a full gallery of the rewards. I only got 40/69 of them so far and some of them are a total pain in the ass to get. (I played through the game twice already and will try again tonight)

Reactions: Herapa

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
LOL i just re read it and saw you quated Atian3... just modified my post...

ps. who's the girl in your signature and from what movie?

Nope, I'm just a fan... the quote didn't work somehow... as I wanted to repeat @Atian_3's post (he's one of the writers)...

Reactions: Herapa

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
would really appreciate a full gallery of the rewards. I only got 40/69 of them so far and some of them are a total pain in the ass to get. (I played through the game twice already and will try again tonight)
I will page by page but I to have not gotten them all yet and will need to replay.
Since the update came out I am still on the 1st playthrough.
I will start with page 1 but I still have 1 more to get and I have an idea on it but will require a new playthrough.
I don't save scum so I get to do the game over and over again, it is a lot of fun for me.

Reactions: Herapa and atlas114

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
@muttdoggy Let me show you a different quote...

Now re-read my message. I don't expect you to say you were wrong thou. As usual.
This is not taking sides. It is to prevent further issues from arising. You can still post an opinion but if its extreme or goes against the site rules, there is no need for it.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes