BK186

May 18, 2017

Hi guys.

Today is a very sad day for us.

With much despair, I have to regretfully inform you all that DMD will no longer be available on Patreon.

Earlier this week, I received an email from Patreon’s staff, informing me that I would not be allowed to continue with the development of DMD on this platform anymore. They gave me the chance to continue this game on a different site, as long as it’s not related to Patreon in any way.

Initially, their team had planned to have my page completely removed from Patreon unless that I appealed their decision and gave a reason why I shouldn’t be banned and no longer able to create games on here. After three days, I finally received a response, where they were happy to keep my page open, but it has been at a huge cost - me agreeing to remove anything related to DMD from my page.

They have given me until Monday January 29th to remove everything that relates to the game. Otherwise, I would be banned indefinitely.

Patreon have allowed me to keep my page alive and continue on with a different project, but this time they want to make sure that there is no incest involved. I in turn have agreed to forward my new project idea, storylines and walkthroughs to them before they are published on my page.

When I received this news on Monday, I couldn’t work on the update to be able to finish it. I tried really hard, but I just couldn’t focus, given the tough decision I was left to make. So, I’m terribly sorry but I won’t be able to release v.17 this Saturday as promised.

I know some of you right now may feel cheated, angry and at a loss for words by reading this post. And you have every right to be.

Because that’s somewhat how I feel as well to say the least.

About DMD:

I’ll be moving the content to my own personal website and we will try to find a way to keep the development going.

Don’t worry, I’ve already saved your email addresses and you’ll be hearing from me soon. Even if you decide to remove your pledge, I will keep in touch with you since I owe you this month’s rewards and I plan on delivering, but it won’t be on this platform anymore.

About the new project and moving forward:

We don’t know exactly what the new project is going to be about just yet, but we have had a few ideas in the pipeline for a while now that will now be looked at carefully. Work on the new project will begin in March/April.

Before then, I’ll be creating different polls to see what kind of story you would like me to work on next.

That will give me an idea of the kind of game you could potentially enjoy and continue your interest in my work.

I’ll be taking February to move the content to my website and to respond to any questions you might have.

If you decide to leave, then I’ll understand:

I know that many of you only cared about this game and that’s why you signed up to pledge. And if I don’t continue on with DMD now and decide to make different game instead, your first thought may be to leave. I completely understand that. But I’d like to think that you all pledged because of the work and passion we put into our game every month, no matter what the game is.

That’s why I’d like you to stay on for a little longer until confirm our next move. I’ll do my very best to make it worth your while.

If you decide to stay, you won’t be charged until we start a new project:

I have the option to pause the campaign, so that you don’t get charged next month and that’s what I have already done a few minutes ago.

I don’t think I deserve to be paid if I’m not working on anything, and since it might take us a while until we start the new game, it certainly wouldn’t be fair to charge you.

Also, I’d like you to take a look at the new project first and then decide if you’d like to continue being a patron of the new game.

You the fans, are what has kept me going all this time, and none of this would have been possible without you.

Final words

I really do appreciate the support you have all given my team and I, ever since I started making the game. It has been a truly overwhelming experience and one I will cherish for a long time to come.

I never expected this game to become as popular as it has when I first began making it.

So, I’m also incredibly grateful for that too.

The one thing I advise that you do, if you have not done so already, is to download any version of the game that you don’t already have, as I will be taking those links down on Sunday as well.

I’ll keep this post alive since I know many of you won’t see it immediately.

If you have any questions to ask, I’d recommend you PM them to me, rather than post them on the wall.

Any comments or posts related to DMD after this weekend will not be answered or they will be deleted, so we can abide by Patreon’s request not to mention the game. So as I said, PM me instead.

If you prefer to chat with me via email, you can contact me at:

Thanks for your ongoing support, and I wish you all the very best.

MrDots

Cusco

Jan 8, 2018
posted

Hi guys.

Today is a very sad day for us.

With much despair, I have to regretfully inform you all that DMD will no longer be available on Patreon.

Earlier this week, I received an email from Patreon’s staff, informing me that I would not be allowed to continue with the development of DMD on this platform anymore. They gave me the chance to continue this game on a different site, as long as it’s not related to Patreon in any way.

Initially, their team had planned to have my page completely removed from Patreon unless that I appealed their decision and gave a reason why I shouldn’t be banned and no longer able to create games on here. After three days, I finally received a response, where they were happy to keep my page open, but it has been at a huge cost - me agreeing to remove anything related to DMD from my page.

They have given me until Monday January 29th to remove everything that relates to the game. Otherwise, I would be banned indefinitely.

Patreon have allowed me to keep my page alive and continue on with a different project, but this time they want to make sure that there is no incest involved. I in turn have agreed to forward my new project idea, storylines and walkthroughs to them before they are published on my page.

When I received this news on Monday, I couldn’t work on the update to be able to finish it. I tried really hard, but I just couldn’t focus, given the tough decision I was left to make. So, I’m terribly sorry but I won’t be able to release v.17 this Saturday as promised.

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017
I do hope he keeps making DMD on his own site. I not really into new stuff right now. Not at all even if he uses the same model. Really hope he doesn't just abandon DMD and move on to other stuff.

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017
I am honestly lost for words after reading that. To even think that this game mite not get any kind of ending is horrifying to me.
Same here, I guess he just has chosen the wrong name. DMD is too obvious incest. I wonder what would happen if we bombarding Patreon with all the adult-incest content. Will they really take down all those sites and lose the 5% share they get on each of those games?

Mehh this ruined my weekend..... I really do hope he finds another way to keep making DMD and another way to get paid.

What do you think? How big is the chance DMD will continue?

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Will they really take down all those sites and lose the 5% share they get on each of those games?
Yes, they will. As more youtubers join the platform, the total marketshare of adult games shrinks and therefore Patreon can go with their original plan to ban all adult games. They are making more money off Youtubers now than from adult devs, so Patreon doesn't need them anymore.

Pewdiepie could raise more money for Patreon than all the adult devs combined.

Reactions: FalseSide

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Could MrDots just not create a small shell game on Patreon that fits the guidelines, and possibly parodies how much of a joke Patreon is, then just use his patron email list to get DMD out to them.

kyosuke01

Jul 22, 2017
i believe if he cant find a way to monetize DMD without Patreon, then there is no way hes going to continue making DMD. the big problem i see is the masses know and trust Patreon. they will put their financial info on the site and feel safe contributing to whatever creator they like. even if Mr. Dots were to find a new site to monetize his project it will be tough. he might not have everyone from Patreon move over because the other platform or site that he would be using to monetize his project might be new to a large number of them. So they might not be inclined to use the platform or feel comfortable leaving their financial information on that platform or site. so the way i see it ( and it pains me, with a heavy heart) this just might be the end of DMD.

And if they did it with DMD its only a matter of time that the other projects start tumbling down as well. These are such sad times for this community and this industry as a whole. hopefully there is a way he can use some other platform. and if i think up any ideas i will certainly try my best to get a hold of Mr. Dots or someone who can (I'm not a pledge.) and i suggest that anyone and everyone who enjoys not only this game but pretty much every game in this community and industry to do the same with Mr. Dots and all the other creators that they enjoy and support!

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017

Hi guys.
I know that many of you only cared about this game and that’s why you signed up to pledge. And if I don’t continue on with DMD now and decide to make different game instead, your first thought may be to leave. I completely understand that. But I’d like to think that you all pledged because of the work and passion we put into our game every month, no matter what the game is.

MrDots

Well, that's it right there. It's definitely dead. For good. The moment you realize a game dies is when the dev starts another one. What a shame to give up like that. Didn't expect Mr.Dots to fold. What a shame.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Sad to say that but unless developing DMD is his hobby as well, it will die. You can't gather money without paypal and Patreon. And if DMD is down now, it's more than likely that DoD, BB and other clearly incest games will die sooner than later. They might even remove whole market in a year. Sad for DMD as even tho I don't like incest it's worth being finished. Hope his next game will be dope

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
fuck i'm lost for words,this might be irrelevant thing but it definitely ruined my whole day
i don't like what he said there,i'm affraid that the whole project is about to be abandoned,i wouldn't be surprised if he now looses half of his patreons...i'll keep my pledge but i'm affraid not for long.....i really wish swift bankrupcy to patreon

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes