Tholio

Nov 14, 2017
Again, why not doing what Animopron does? Keep using Patreon to get money without mentionning the content directly.
Animopron keeps getting a good amount of money from Patreon without any issues, and the guy is creating hardcore bestiality stuff ( which is also forbidden by the new rules ).
There's *no* need to drop the project. Just be smart and use Patreon for money, while releasing content somewhere else.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Patreon is not only attacking creators like MrDots but all over the board I had a friend that did digital art and was banned without any type of warning what so ever for a topless male character she was commissioned to draw and had posted it on her site. Pateron is on a 'Disney G rated' campaign at the moment and if it does not fall in line with that moral then it is fair game to be removed all I can say is that MrDots and others were lucky they were given warnings as not everyone is getting them

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
You had to know that now is the time of the "social justice warriors" given the "me too" movement where you can hurl accusations at anyone from your past in true character assassination form without any burden of proof, paramount to the Salem Witch Trials... I just hope that Mr. D. will at least give us a "happy ending" before he embarks on his new watered down, remove my money from his pocket, Patreon endeavor... (SMH)

But don't you think a rushed ending would be just as bad as simply stopping right now? Or even worse?

I think that is exactly what he'll do though. He'll create an ending in march, the last release. And since he won't be getting money for it, it'll be the most heartless thing ever, leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. It'll be the saddest wank in everyone's lives.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Thing is he can't create a new project with the fetishes that made these games (his included) so popular. He said it himself he'll have to send his content to patreon to get it approved, right? That means none of that shit can be included. Games like DoD, DmD would never achieve so much money per month if they didn't have that fetish we all know about. I guarantee it.
I doubt it's only a matter of incest. Any game with enough quality would grow like that year or 2 ago. In Japan incest games aren't dominating so you can create a popular game without it. He will surely lost a lot of cash but at least he'll stay on a market. All in all DMD is lost without much hope. I can't see why people are asking him to keep making DMD while it will clearly kill him as a developer and DMD won't be finished regardless of that. New project might be decent

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Problem is if he does that, you know DmD is dead either way. If he starts another game, then the dev time will have to be split, so that means less content. Obviously he'd focus on the new (Patreon Approved) game, leaving even less time for DmD (which will be unsupported at this time, meaning EVEN LESS reason to give time to it). So it's effectively the end of DmD (and a substantial amount of his revenue) if he decides to go down this path.
I my mind it would be the other way around - the new project will get minimal attention (just enough to show there's - minimal - progress ), for its role as a straw man ;)

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
I doubt it's only a matter of incest. Any game with enough quality would grow like that year or 2 ago. In Japan incest games aren't dominating so you can create a popular game without it. He will surely lost a lot of cash but at least he'll stay on a market. All in all DMD is lost without much hope. I can't see why people are asking him to keep making DMD while it will clearly kill him as a developer and DMD won't be finished regardless of that. New project might be decent
Japan is a different market (but even they have the whole "onii-chan" fetish, so yes, they are into incest. Hell, it's where most crazy ass fetishes come from). I assure you it was because of the incest. It's the whole idea behind the game. It was even in the name. You may say it wasn't the only thing, and the only way I'd agree with you would be if you said "90% incest", "10% whatever else".

Reactions: Siddington
U

User_10739

I'd rather a rushed ending than an abandonment unless Slonique is involved... Mr. D at least has integrity and will do his best to close it out as best as he could. Slon would do the "it was all just a dream" 5th grade ending and cash your checks...

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
Thing is he can't create a new project with the fetishes that made these games (his included) so popular. He said it himself he'll have to send his content to patreon to get it approved, right? That means none of that shit can be included. Games like DoD, DmD would never achieve so much money per month if they didn't have that fetish we all know about. I guarantee it.
Well, a lot of new devs have found a way of cheating the absurd rule about incest by doing a game without incest (even if it means the dialogues are absurd) and then releasing a patch that adds the incest content, but I suppose it is late now for a game named "Dating My Daughter".

Reactions: if95

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
I my mind it would be the other way around - the new project will get minimal attention (just enough to show there's - minimal - progress ), for its role as a straw man ;)
I think it'll get more attention because DmD will bring no income, so Dots will scramble to make something to get some revenue back (as most people would probably jump ship)

Peteski

Jun 22, 2017
Ive been his patron for v0.7-0.11 and have just left a positive message through contact details left on his website. What all of you pervs need to do is send him an encouragement to continue with the project. Its easy to sling s**t on MrDots instead of giving him a bit of support (not necessarily as a pledge). Leaving DMD at the v0.16 is very poor outcome for both him and us. #metoosupportDMD :)

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
I think it'll get more attention because DmD will bring no income, so Dots will scramble to make something to get some revenue back (as most people would probably jump ship)
That wasn't what I meant to say.
Let MrD make a simple game with few effort to stay on Patreon and get the money. But the patrons must know they'll get access to DmD updates ... when they stay as patrons. As long as this works out, everything will be fine.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Ive been his patron for v0.7-0.11 and have just left a positive message through contact details left on his website. What all of you pervs need to do is send him an encouragement to continue with the project. Its easy to sling s**t on MrDots instead of giving him a bit of support (not necessarily as a pledge). Leaving DMD at the v0.16 is very poor outcome for both him and us. #metoosupportDMD :)
Totally agree (and did both: send that message and staying patron ^^ Life without D is no life at all :p )

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
You had to know that now is the time of the "social justice warriors" given the "me too" movement where you can hurl accusations at anyone from your past in true character assassination form without any burden of proof, paramount to the Salem Witch Trials...
Indeed :(

Reactions: cloudfw

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Japan is a different market (but even they have the whole "onii-chan" fetish, so yes, they are into incest. Hell, it's where most crazy ass fetishes come from). I assure you it was because of the incest. It's the whole idea behind the game. It was even in the name. You may say it wasn't the only thing, and the only way I'd agree with you would be if you said "90% incest", "10% whatever else".
Ofc it's popular. But it's not even close to being dominating and they don't have restrictions like we do. In fact rape is probably the strongest fetish there and it's still not dominating. Like 90% of games have step relations there even tho they can pick incest easily. But it's surely something close. All in all I strongly disagree with you. I would say 30% was thanks to incest and 70% was thanks to the timing and well made renders. But it's not worth arguing I guess. In best case DMD will be wraped and rushed for a quick end. People should be more realistic and less emotional as in my opinion there is barely any hope for DMD.

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
People should be more realistic and less emotional as in my opinion there is barely any hope for DMD.
If you get +20.000 bucks per month for a game (4.100 patrons) and you know that most likely you will lose most of that money if you do a different game, you try by every possible means to continue with your money maker. I think there is hope for DMD. MrDots just needs to figure out another way to monetize it.

U

User_10739

Well, a lot of new devs have found a way of cheating the absurd rule about incest by doing a game without incest (even if it means the dialogues are absurd) and then releasing a patch that adds the incest content, but I suppose it is late now for a game named "Dating My Daughter".
I prefer games without incest and most of the Russian games on this site have absurd dialogue so it's no big deal to me! Mr D. probably makes nearly $20k a month and if he is stupid enough to have Patreon dictate to him what to do with their hand firmly implanted in the cookie jar. Then he doesn't deserve any sympathy or respect...

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
If you get +20.000 bucks per month for a game (4.100 patrons) and you know that most likely you will lose most of that money if you do a different game, you try by every possible means to continue with your money maker. I think there is hope for DMD. MrDots just needs to figure out another way to monetize it.
Ofc that's logical and he should look for a solution to continue DMD. But at this point no one found out any decent solution. Even if he'll be left with only 1k patrons that's still much more than he can achieve outside of Patreon and he knows that. In mainstream industry indie games are barely noticable without Steam and there are other platforms they could use.
I prefer games without incest and most of the Russian games on this site have absurd dialogue so it's no big deal to me! Mr D. probably makes nearly $20k a month and if he is stupid enough to have Patreon dictate to him what to do with their hand firmly implanted in the cookie jar. Then he doesn't deserve any sympathy or respect...
But how he can ignore them and still have that cash?

Reactions: Aitan_3

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Nobody cares about Patreon. There are enough other Crowdfunding sites like that where they dont want to tell you what you are allowed to fucking develop.

Fucking prude Americans. If that was a Game about torturing your Daughter I bet it would be fine.

People dont want Random "Date my Girlfriend". We want to fucking finish DmD and fucking impregnate her and live together with her and her Girlfriend.

Just move on to another Site and continue DmD. Patreon was shit anyways since you can't pay with PayPal. Devs really need to get away from Patreon.

There is only one option and thats to move on from Patreon.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes