John Smithers

Apr 27, 2017
I don't understand... what did patreon catch him on? He made the changes, and censored the game.

What exactly do they have that can force him to remove the game?

Nov 23, 2016
I don't understand... what did patreon catch him on? He made the changes, and censored the game.

What? that would kill the game! That would be bad not only for that, also for the other games, imagine that they do it with Parental love! the apocalypse.

Apparently is a problem that attracts legal attention

Krautti87

Jul 24, 2017
Your posted image is the first one in Chapter 2.
Have you gone through all the steps in the "welcome" screen immediately before this image?
okay i'm stupid.... to solve the bug in the image i need to run 0.14 but it doesn't start, i click on it but nothing happens so i tried if the 0.15 and 0.16 would start at least but except of 0.15 they don't.
and yes i did

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
I believe Nutaku has its own crowd funding service, I remembered reading about it. Thing is, it's more a kickstarter replacement, and not a Patreon replacement.
Looked into it. Kimochi Red Light doesn't have monthly recurring payments as an option. Maybe you could chain each update as its own project every month, which would be a hassle, but doable. The gigantic 500-pound gorilla of a problem is this doozy in their TOS:

"We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content."

So yeah, maybe not.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
"We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content."
Yeah I can imagine what the reply to that statement would be from most if not all game developers. I think it rhymes with "Duck Fat". Also you legend for using the Bishop of Bath and Wells as your profile avatar. Although, I don't owe you money do I?! XD

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i guess we're not going to see the uncensored Chapter 2 v0.16 today :FeelsBadMan:

that would have helped hold things over while we wait for 0.17. then a very long wait (probably April or later) for v0.18. :FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan:

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
There are two problems here. The first is that, as far as I know, Patreon have basically made it clear that it won't be possible for MrDots to run a Patreon project called "Dating My Daughter" so long as it implies incest (ie, something like the sitcom 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter would be OK, since it's about other people dating the daughter).

So the solution is to run dummy content entirely unrelated, which leads to the second problem: Not every patron is aware of F95zone and similar places. How does MrDots tell those people where to get the 'real' content, without being caught by Patreon? A considerable percentage won't know what's really going on and will be asking on his Patreon page. And if someone gives them the answer on his Patreon page, that could be him fucked again, page shut down, banned etc. And even if that doesn't happen, and nobody helps those people, they're going to stop pledging if all they're getting is this dummy content.

And all of that is assuming Patreon are willing to go along with this "Don't ask, don't tell" style approach. If there are people out there reporting this stuff to them, there's no guarantee they won't just swing the hammer anyway, dummy content or no dummy content. I believe the email to Faerin hinted that this setup was possible, but who knows what'll happen down the line. The only thing I feel reasonably certain of is that the best-case scenario, where things continue more or less as before, is not going to happen :frown:
Yes, you're right about Patreon not accepting DMD related projects. I only knew about it a couple of hours later when I read Mr. Dots statement about the situation on his Patreon page. Then I suggested he kept his Patreon page for sexy cartoon like 3D renders like this one (but made using DAZ):
Sexy Cartoon Example-8.jpg
Mr. Dots said he has the e-mail addresses of his patreons, so he could tell them about how his new patreon page and Dating My Daughter would work. He would deliver sexy 3D renders on his Patreon Page, his patreons would support this work, and Mr. Dots and his team would continue work and deliver DMD on his private site ( ) or directly through e-mail communication.
Even if some jealous despicable individual denounces him, all DMD related material would be outside Patreon. So Patreon would have no reason to ban Mr. Dots patreon page, since he would be strictly within their rules. Of course Patreon could ban his page in an arbitrary way. I believe it could work. And it is better like this, sexy 3D renders, than if he starts to create a cover up game which would take a lot more of his time.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Yes, you're right about Patreon not accepting DMD related projects. I only knew about it a couple of hours later when I read Mr. Dots statement about the situation on his Patreon page. Then I suggested he kept his Patreon page for sexy cartoon like 3D renders like this one (but made using DAZ):
View attachment 62239
Mr. Dots said he has the e-mail addresses of his patreons, so he could tell them about how his new patreon page and Dating My Daughter would work. He would deliver sexy 3D renders on his Patreon Page, his patreons would support this work, and Mr. Dots and his team would continue work and deliver DMD on his private site ( ) or directly through e-mail communication.
Even if some jealous despicable individual denounces him, all DMD related material would be outside Patreon. So Patreon would have no reason to ban Mr. Dots patreon page, since he would be strictly within their rules. Of course Patreon could ban his page in an arbitrary way. I believe it could work. And it is better like this, sexy 3D renders, than if he starts to create a cover up game which would take a lot more of his time.
I hope you're right (and yeah, I forgot that he has the email addresses). The trend so far is not good, though.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
no news. it was posted on mrdotsgames.com yesterday that he'd be re-uploading Chapter 1 and uncensored Chapter 2 today. i'd hoped that that would tide us over for another 3 weeks or so.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
- Yes, Baldrick, what is it now?
- It's that priest, he says he still wants to see you.
- And did you mention the baby-eating bishop of Bath and Wells?
- I did, my lord.
- And what did he say?
- He said "I AM the baby-eating bishop of Bath and Wells!"

Sorry about the off-topic, I'm done now. Carry on.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017

Remember that "Most noble gentleman" who said here on this forum he would denounce Mr.Dots to Patreon because he was still developing the original DMD plot although he changed the names to 'Friend'? Apparently he did denounce him to Patreon, and they had to enforce their absurd 'fantasy patrol' rules.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
The 500-pound gorilla is actually a non-tiered one-size-fits-all payment with presumably higher processing fees to both dev and patron.
That TOS is a King Kong--skyscraper--type of beast.
I honestly dont think there is a really big need for tiered rewards, but thats preference. If its on a site where its one prize for a version of a game thats in progress and you want to support the creator, then buy it twice. About the higher processing fees, that would not be great (if its the case and extremly higher than elsewhere) but I dont see the need for the more extreme doom and gloom I see sometimes.

People supported before because they liked the game they saw, and sure, some probably jump off because something gets more inconvenient (no monthly automatic recurring payment), some because it might get a tad more expensive, and creators might not get what they used to before. But that sure as heck does not have to be the end of it, and how about just power through it for now, as there are mentions of other services that might come up, where its all in the dark yet, true, but im seeing a lot thoughts of abandoning ship without any fight.

What I would call the time right now is a kinda desperate time, and those sometimes require desperate measures. But im also pretty sure most creators dont just want to go back to their regular jobs, and most would still get more than they would get there. And as supporter, maybe at least try to go with a method that might be 10% more inconvenient, at least for a while. Who knows what the future brings.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Can somebody provide me with a save that is completed, ready for this update? thank you (preferably an only daughter one, or maybe d + georgina) thanks
This is a Daughter only path save. In the beginning of V0.16:

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes