bornsinner

Sep 2, 2017
Who said that? The answer is no. Both Aitan and I are scripting past the next update, and MDots still has every intention to keep DMD going. Your info is wrong.
Quoting from mrdots site: Given that after we release v0.17, we will have to focus on the new game, DMD won’t be updated for a while so I thought maybe we should include some of the content that was going to be included in v0.18.
It sounds like abandoning to me.

Reactions: volto and Ed B

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Quoting from mrdots site: Given that after we release v0.17, we will have to focus on the new game, DMD won’t be updated for a while so I thought maybe we should include some of the content that was going to be included in v0.18.
It may be a difference in semantics. If you consider “abandoning” to mean the team is working on Melody primarily to meet a release in March, then the term “abandoning”is correct.

However, if you look at the Mirriam-Webster definition of “abandoned”:
a : left without needed protection, care, or support;
b : left by the owner;
: left to fall into a state of disuse;
c : no longer held or thought of : given up
...then none of these definitions apply to the situation.

For example, the full apparatus of tools, worksheets, etc. for in place for DMD ver.17 and before are being “cared” for and “not left” and are being accessed and tweaked daily and given “thought of” and developed in some way daily. This will continue past February 14, continue into March and beyond.

So, under those various definitions of the word “abandoned”, the statement this game will be abandoned after the next update is incorrect.

Now, you could, as some people profess, assume that MDots and the design team are either lying about the plans to continue with DMD — or that they have deluded themselves about the level of effort it will require to continue developing two VNs at the same time and will (eventually) “abandon” and not complete DMD. In that case, if either assumption is or will be borne out to be correct, then you are right to say the project will be abandoned.

If you accept that many DMD fans are smitten with D herself, Elena, Georgina and others - and are (semi-)voracious in their uptake of new updates ... and then assume that MDots and staff aren’t just as smitten with D, the cast of characters, and story ... then the “level of effort will prove deadly” theory falls into doubt.

Bornsinner, do not believe the doubters out there. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except what they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Bornsinner, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Bornsinner, DMD will continue to be developed with released versions throughout 2018 and beyond. This is as certain as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no DMD brought to its height and eventual completion. It would be as dreary as if there were no Bornsinners. There would be no poetry the, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which love and romance fills the world would be extinguished.

As long as the same energy, drive, and obsession that spawned over 700 pages of discussion, insights, angst, devotion, and celebration in this blog also exists within the heart and minds of MDots and staff, a group that has had a near clockwork devotion to forming, creating, and releasing monthly updates for almost 18 months now...then abandonment is not an option.

You may surmise, based on an assumption of performance of past Creators in the field, that DMD will eventually become a victim of the limitations of time and effort, and, eventually be abandoned. You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the ultimately physically unseeable desire to complete DMD which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Bornsinner, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

Peace out.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
more likely that DMD won't be in focus until the summer atleast

Reactions: virtuvoid

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Can you date both the daughter an Elena? Or can you date the daughter and any other person at the same time?

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I rejected the date on day 6 but said you look stunning Georgina on day 10 so can i still date her? I think i can from what i seen in the walkthrough.

bornsinner

Sep 2, 2017
Ok so when do people expect to see DMD 0.18?

My guesstimate is no earlier than September 2017
don't you mean 2018? anyway i think DS said something similar about BB, that it is not dead, but after a while he/she said he/she started a new game, so no more updates for BB. I hope this will not be the case for this game too.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Can you date both the daughter an Elena? Or can you date the daughter and any other person at the same time?
Of course you can.You can date also Georgina and Jennifer.Will be funny to see how all girls will accept that:)
Here accepting Elena.

'Jaeger'

May 3, 2017
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes