BK186

May 18, 2017
DMD V19 – COMING SOON
by

Hi guys!
Stay tuned here at mrdotsgames.com for news and information about the release date for DMD v19, which will be posted up at the end of July.

To celebrate this upcoming announcement, I have created some pics to celebrate the end of the FIFA World Cup, featuring the lovely D at the beach.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Like most (if not all DMD) fans I too wish the updates could at least be an every other monthly schedule.
To be blunt Melody seems like the front man, looks good, checks all the Patreon boxes, but is just there to keep Mr.Dots a presence on Patreon. Of course I may be wrong, but evidence seems to point toward Melody being the Patreon frreindly face of the Mr.Dots development team.

For me Melody is just so damn wishy-washy. The renders are great. The conflict is all but nonexistent, and what there is feels artificial and gratuitous.

WooperDooper

May 14, 2018
There are over 1000 pages, not everyone has time for that. If you know that it's wrong just post what it is, or link to the post you're talking about. If it's the last page (Haven't checked) then sure, otherwise people most often don't want to spend time going through pages
Nobody has time to read over a thousand pages, that's why the search bar exists

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
I also cant help but wonder how many people are still supporting MrDots on Paytreon, even when they only want DMD. Since they know he still creates it, im pretty sure quite a few people just never stopped their pledges. And it kinda makes sense, the platform was meant to support a creator, not a single project. Just hope he also recognizes that all his current supporters might not necessarily be for Melody only.
I think he is aware. MrDots also sends email updates (newsletter) about DMD to Patrons. I personally support the creator and am a bigger fan of DMD. Melody does have potential still, and has introduced a couple interesting characters, but feels too early to tell if it will be as impactful as DMD.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
I read it as DMD being released at the end of July, and got both surprised and excited for a second. Alas, only the release date of the next DMD will be released at the end of July, and not the update itself. As expected.

Mar 7, 2018
I read it as DMD being released at the end of July, and got both surprised and excited for a second. Alas, only the release date of the next DMD will be released at the end of July, and not the update itself. As expected.
Yea you're right, so my guess of end of August may not be wrong after all :) was also happy that we would maybe see a change with the release stuff but doesn't seem so :confused:

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@bolenart Yeah, Melody is being released first at the end of the month, but then an update on when DMD v19 is to be expected will follow soon after. The FIFA image pack is cool in the interim. It's slightly disappointing that DMD has to take the backburner to Melody, but at the same time Melody is a great game too. I suppose I should just be happy that DMD hasn't been dropped entirely.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@BonnyJohnny Sorry, not 100% sure what you mean. There may be something lost in translation for me there. But what I meant is that my disappointment isn't with MrDots, but with Patreon. I can understand banning rape and the like, but incest is not only legal in many places in the world, but very common in some cultures. It's just fiction in this case. I don't personally endorse it, but scientifically inbreeding can be managed if people are careful and stay so many degrees away from their partner.

But yeah, I'm glad MrDots just pulled it from Patreon and started a new game. It's too good a game to change.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
Well i might as well play this one again since now a year has passed and it has a lot of content last version i downloaded was CH1 version 0.6

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
I guess MrDots wants Melody's story to catch up with DMD and then progress both games at the same time. The intention is to find out if a non-incest game can be as popular or more popular than the incest one. This considering that both games have seemingly the same concept of budding romance of 2 main people with the only difference of incest/non-incest content.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes