Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
The only MMF choices to AVOID for you happened in Chapter 1. They were : be sure to break the spying barkeeper's binoculars at the nudist beach ; at the MC's work office when his co-worker Martin compliments D, change the subject.
Should be lots and lots of chances for 3 -somes : MC + D + E ; MC + D + G ; MC + D + J. (Also all-lesbian 3-somes and 4-somes).
As well as 4-somes and 5-somes with the MC supplying the only true dick...
Done exactly that (kinda feel sorry for the barkeeper... but D is mine only lol). And yeah I'm going for being the only true dick. Just waiting for the update.

Reactions: fried and virtuvoid

darkman21

Apr 18, 2018
I want to know if I need to download both chapters or just get chapter 2 and if I need both how to put them in 1 folder

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Would it be safe to assume that you can prevent F from sharing D at any point simply by turning down the option?

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
i think the sharing points might affect D's willingness to be shared but the progress of D being shared to whom is dependent on your game choices. The game still hasn't come to the point where D is actually shared to anyone yet... just the build-up.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I want to know if I need to download both chapters or just get chapter 2 and if I need both how to put them in 1 folder
That's entirely up to you. What I've done was made 1 main DMD folder and putting both chapters into their own sub-folders.

Ex: C:\Dating my Daughter\Dating my Daughter CH1 v0.1-0.14
C:\Dating my Daughter\Dating my Daughter CH2 v0.15-0.18

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
. . .
The incest portion of DMD has had to be downplayed. Instead, it's a "romance". I would completely agree it's more plausible as a love story than an incest story.
That's a good point, which I only implied above: the flavor of this VN was originally spiked by incest fantasy, which seems to have been fully wrapped in the struggle for romance to find a way, etc.

Reactions: virtuvoid

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
. . .

For me the multiple kink was secondary to how D processes it and D/F reconcile it and move forward.
Yeah, as much as I like how the kink adds fun sparks here and there, I really wanted to see if this could evolve a form of (fantasy) maturity beyond the romantic fog and associated sexual barrel ride that's come about. THAT could have made this series hit another level, IMHO.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
That's a good point, which I only implied above: the flavor of this VN was originally spiked by incest fantasy, which seems to have been fully wrapped in the struggle for romance to find a way, etc.
A very good move by MrDots. He really captured the audience with that. F & D's reunion was great hit. Right now their parental relationship matters little to nothing to the audience... they're looking forward to the blossom of the romance.

Reactions: RustyV and fried
Mar 7, 2018
A very good move by MrDots. He really captured the audience with that. F & D's reunion was great hit. Right now their parental relationship matters little to nothing to the audience... they're looking forward to the blossom of the romance.
I think the incest thing really adds a "excitement" to the game, its like playing video games where you blow up stuff or whatever, it's not right, but fun in a video game, i even avoided this game for the longest time because of the incest theme, but i think it only makes the game better.

None of my favorite relationships in the game are the incest things but still i think its a crucial part of the game that only makes it better. So i think it matters just as a extra "interesting" thing, but just my personal opinion of course.

Oh and even tho I'm much younger than the MC and not a dad, I like the feeling for some reason lol that you feel responsible and take care of all the girls, you feel almost like a step-dad to Elena and Jennifer too, and that is really fun for some reason....

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Lol! You are praising an underhanded swerve.
In other threads, there have been many complaints by patrons/players about devs who have dared tamper with an MC's utmost privilege of having an exclusive harem (I'm well aware of the many terms denoting extreme jealousy). This tampering usually happened without prior warning--a swerve.
Are you wishing to argue there are good, as well as bad, swerves? Because I think ALL, not just some, swerves are shit.
Nah I see no point in arguing with opposing opinions. Each of us have our own preferences and kinks. While you say all swerves are shit, to me this happened to be good shit lol.

I think the incest thing really adds a "excitement" to the game, its like playing video games where you blow up stuff or whatever, it's not right, but fun in a video game, i even avoided this game for the longest time because of the incest theme, but i think it only makes the game better.

None of my favorite relationships in the game are the incest things but still i think its a crucial part of the game that only makes it better. So i think it matters just as a extra "interesting" thing, but just my personal opinion of course.

Oh and even tho I'm much younger than the MC and not a dad, I like the feeling for some reason lol that you feel responsible and take care of all the girls, you feel almost like a step-dad to Elena and Jennifer too, and that is really fun for some reason....
I agree that incest does add excitement to the game. And since it's just a game so players don't mind the incest content which is the same case for me. I didn't mind the incest content, I'm more into the progress of the game/story. Heck I played Melody and liked it just as DMD. And yeah as a player, I like the feeling taking care of the girls from other predators (other than me lol). Just making a little joke to the side man lol.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah, as much as I like how the kink adds fun sparks here and there, I really wanted to see if this could evolve a form of (fantasy) maturity beyond the romantic fog and associated sexual barrel ride that's come about. THAT could have made this series hit another level, IMHO.
You are playing to the choir as I agree 100%.

Reactions: cloudfw and fried

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For the first year of DMD, many players bitterly complained about the slow-burn. The fan boi brigade answered "but this is incest and that takes longer". But now, the goalposts have moved?
I think the goalposts were moved by Patreon and for good or bad the game had to adapt or die, for example the tr-monthly updates. Like most DMD fans I would have preferred every-other month. Unfortunately for DMD the Melody Patreon fans have to be kept happy, but I digress.
You are correct about swerves being potentially bad, they can become jumping the shark where updates get more and more off the path and in danger of becoming more outrageous.
hjs.jpg

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes