suiz

May 3, 2018
I would highly suggest that you refrain from reading the threads of games you are currently playing. People only tend to hide spoilers during the first few days of a new version's release. After that it's back to regular open discussion.
Thank you for the advice, I am done with the game though, it was more like a general suggestion. I apologize if I sounded harsh, I meant in the kindest way possible. o_O

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
The end of August could no come any slower, I'm highly anticipating the update for DMD, it's pretty much THE game that got me into VNs about 5 months ago. What I love about DMD and VNs like DMD is that while they do contain sexual content, it's quite minimal, I just love the story and how the relationships with different characters develop and the dynamics, almost feel like I'm living the events with the characters right there as a spectator, haha, same thing with Melody. DMD and Melody in my opinion are pretty much the best VNs out there :)

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I would highly suggest that you refrain from reading the threads of games you are currently playing. People only tend to hide spoilers during the first few days of a new version's release. After that it's back to regular open discussion.
I forgot some would be still be going through earlier games so sorry anyhows

Reactions: suiz

suiz

May 3, 2018
I forgot some would be still be going through earlier games so sorry anyhows
That's what I was thinking, I only just finished this today, so figured someone else might still be going through it, wasn't trying to be a dick about it or anything. :firstimekiss:

KappaClaus

Jul 23, 2017
If there were a public release of the imaginary "A Dev's Guide to Sexual Foreplay in VNs", there are still 3 fairly common fetishes to "forestall" p.i.v. These are : thigh fucking, butt cheek fucking, and full body sensual massage. I expect to see at least two of these fetishes before p.i.v.
The newly minted dev, @Jeff Steel , has recently stated in this thread that it is 95% there will be NO Chapter 3. So, it is extremely likely there will be extreme fetishes in Chapter 2 after all.
Thank you for the info. If that's the case then i hope it will be a very long chapter but unfortunately that would kill the purpose of no chapter 3 :FeelsBadMan:

i guess we can see the real penetration very soon since we need a build up for the extreme stuff like bdsm or mmf which will require long time considering we get to see a bj after 17-18 update.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
That's what I was thinking, I only just finished this today, so figured someone else might still be going through it, wasn't trying to be a dick about it or anything. :firstimekiss:
No prob

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I really like the new teaser pics in the stable.
However, as I am currently moving old hay out of a barn I can attest to the fact that being in hay (straw) will leave D and F itchy as shit and possibly picking up a tick or two. :confounded:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, Chapter 2 seems set for 14 updates, again.
The "build up" is not really required. What has happened in DMD is that D has acted completely out of character (judged by the first few updates) to allow the plot to progress. Most players, immersed in the male perspective, routinely pan her stupidity for this. But, truth be told, without D's implausible brain-farts, there would be no "story".
Extreme fetishes can easily happen with Elena initiating a 3-way hyper game similar to "Truth or Dare". Elena's participation is sufficient build up.
I don't fully agree that she's been out of character recently: the D persona has always been susceptible to suggestion and once she's acclimated to a situation has generally become open to being challenged towards the next set of relationship inhibitions to topple. We're seeing that now as before, merely at a different pace ... which I feel is one of the few, more natural aspects to an IRL relationship to be displayed in this game.

We saw a rather long buildup for her to become somewhat proactive about her interest in the MC's penis, for example - but, once she accepted that previously unrealized fascination and decided to simply reach out and take matters in her own hands, she consciously rationalized that it was not a huge accomplishment ... because she actually cared about him. That has been her consistent point all along: if they truly care about each other, what is the practical limit? While the MC has pressed in various and consistent soft ways to get into her pants, she has remained overly idealistic about their future while becoming more desiring of being a romantic couple. Like any fool in a first love, she keeps making natural excuses for moving the goalposts and falling for every one of his setups.

That doesn't make her realistic, but it does lend towards a consistent flow on which to measure her more recent actions.

For, even in Chapter 2 she has yet to understand what it might require to maintain a long-term relationship with the MC, believing that they are already natural with each other and highly compatible. She hasn't realized her view of the MC is still as a protective authority figure and related catalyst for adult-like things, someone with whom she feels increasingly safe to expose her budding expressions.

Which is why I was actually hoping for a Chapter 3 where they might separate when actually living together exposed their imbalances, then she could try relationships with peers and they might eventually find a way back to each other on potentially more equal footings to start over by chapter's end.

As for her recent proactiveness, that seems consistent with her prior displays of accepting what has happened before and moving the goalposts because she's falling increasingly faster down the sexual exploration hill. In that respect, she actually resembles IRL young couples, I feel: once they pass a few bases, sky's the f*cking limit. They haven't matured necessarily, but they suddenly imitate what they think is mature by having lots of sex, in all different places and ways.

That's not to say you are wrong about her early odd choices, which certainly did make the current tone of the story possible - her level of naivete and positive responsiveness to MC's hopeful manipulations was entirely unrealistic and forms the basis for the relatively simple MC/D storyline, as I implied earlier. That doesn't stop me from enjoying her hyper-fictional innocence diving deeper into a physical/princess-meets-prince phase, which I have experienced and find rather fun to vicariously see acted here with a different setup, but same level of gusto and drive to fool yourself into wanting more "for the relationship" when it's anything but the basis of one.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Good point, it seems DMD has matured into a romance VN (minus the cheesy cover art).
Maybe because of the abridged schedule it had to become a romance. Chapter 1 set up the physical intimacy for chapter 2 to exploit, likewise if there was a chapter 3 then chapter 2 would have been more of a get D all to yourself and shred any shyness D had and get her to desire physical (not so much emotional) sex so she could be open to copious amounts of various kinds of kinky sex in chapter 3. but now it seems chapter 2 will have to develop the story to conclusion and with no kinky sex buffet on the horizon there is no need to make D into a girl who likes sex for the sake of sex. Now D will turn infatuation to love to happy ending(?).
So no horse sex, maybe a Shetland pony.

If this makes any sense, I just got off work and I am kinda brain dead.

Reactions: fried

Rileyfksurmom

Sep 1, 2017
I am just happy, Dots plans on completing it even if it turns into a rush job and we don't get everything we were hoping for. Incest stuff is now a shitty minefield. D will always be best girl.

Reactions: LP83 and Adoringfan

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I am just happy, Dots plans on completing it even if it turns into a rush job and we don't get everything we were hoping for. Incest stuff is now a shitty minefield. D will always be best girl.
Oh god that image x'D
Funny image edits (or memes whatever) of DmD are hilarious. I made one quite a while ago.
D is okay, but F might have hit her a little too hard.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If there were a public release of the imaginary "A Dev's Guide to Sexual Foreplay in VNs", there are still 3 fairly common fetishes to "forestall" p.i.v. These are : thigh fucking, butt cheek fucking, and full body sensual massage. I expect to see at least two of these fetishes before p.i.v.
The newly minted dev, @Jeff Steel , has recently stated in this thread that it is 95% there will be NO Chapter 3. So, it is extremely likely there will be extreme fetishes in Chapter 2 after all.
Kind of sad when you say that about Chaoter 3 - sigh

Reactions: cloudfw

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Which is why I was actually hoping for a Chapter 3 where they might separate when actually living together exposed their imbalances, then she could try relationships with peers and they might eventually find a way back to each other on potentially more equal footings to start over by chapter's end.
This too is why I am sad about the probable no third chapter, because it would extend the story for an in-depth playing out of this issue. Bravo!

For me the multiple kink was secondary to how D processes it and D/F reconcile it and move forward.

Reactions: fried

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Everyone is speculating on next update. Pretty sure we will all love what it contains. Mr. Dots, hasn't let anyone down yet, if he has, then why is the game update in such great demand ??? Totally satisfied so far myself. Yes we have to wait a while on updates, but well worth, in my opinion...

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes