Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I thought the same thing too. More like a Rebel than a Harley. But then some people kept mistaking my Honda Sport Tourer for a BMW . One of my fellow riders who had the same model actually put a BMW sticker on the side of his after a while and could convince some people it actually WAS a Beemer.

View attachment 992568

(Hmmm...I wonder how I could use this picture and put D on my (now destroyed from the accident 5 years ago) Honda. Google search.....Google search..... :unsure:
Honda does make nice tourers. I'm sure D would enjoy a little "tour" around the highlands.

There is an overzealous mod that keeps removing my comments for being "off-topic". I get the feeling it's personal too. Watch, I bet your comment (I am replying to) remains, but this one is removed.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Honda does make nice tourers. I'm sure D would enjoy a little "tour" around the highlands.

There is an overzealous mod that keeps removing my comments for being "off-topic". I get the feeling it's personal too. Watch, I bet your comment (I am replying to) remains, but this one is removed.
Rest assured a few of us saw your last comments at least!

I own a 'KMW' myself (aka Kawasaki Motor Works), a ZG1000. Luv my Concours, even if the 7+ gallon tank makes her a bit top heavy. Some member of one of the Concours forums made some KMW stickers, I never grabbed one though, I was content with the Kawasaki branding. The ZG1000 remained almost unchanged between 1986 and 2006, so it was mostly analog, with almost no electronics onboard, and easy enough to maintain.

The bike design had a couple of flaws, but those came up only rarely, as a 'daily driver' I've put over 50,000 miles on that bike. I haven't ridden in a bit though, took a spill and haven't got around to getting new plastics for her. A number of Concours owners have put 100,000+ miles on their bikes (just read an example where some guy put 337,000 miles on his C10 before the bike met with a mishap that totalled the bike). Other sport tourers from other brands have similarly high miles, it all comes down to how well you take care of your bike, and of course avoiding getting run over/cut off/t-boned by inattentive cagers and such...

My love of sport touring is part of the inspiration for a few of the panels in my Enthralled comic, like this one:

222_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg

I enjoyed canyon chasing with some sport bike riders over a couple of summers, and was ALMOST able to fully hang with them. I have a trunk on my bike with a set of tools and such, plus the side bags, and was able to help a couple of riders out when they had minor mechanical issues, so they liked having me tag along... They'd end up waiting an extra minute or two at rest points for me to catch up, as I wasn't as brave about leaning into turns as they were... plus I like to admire the scenery sometimes. We'd usually eat lunch together about half way through the ride, which was an enjoyable experience, at 'fave' mom and pop restaurants at our lunch way point. I also brought my trusty digital camera along and would set up in advance of the group to get a few shots of them whizzing by, and shared the pics later on the local sport bike forum.

I have beads on my seat as well, as well as a few other 'comfort' mods. People joked about my seat beads, but they really do help with rear end comfort on longer rides!

And yes, I can relate to the 'is that a BMW bike' comment, having had a few people ask me that as I was fueling her.

The newer Concours has a larger engine, but a smaller fuel tank. Hence less range between refuels. Nice bikes though!

Last edited:

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Latest problem: Daz stopped working properly. Im currently affect by a known error in Daz Studio Iray, where the gpu floats over into cpu rendering. Without cpu fallback, it simply doesnt work. Which mean i cant batch render anymore. So proper renders now take hours, where i previously could batch render without to many issues.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
12312.PNG

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
Latest problem: Daz stopped working properly. Im currently affect by a known error in Daz Studio Iray, where the gpu floats over into cpu rendering. Without cpu fallback, it simply doesnt work. Which mean i cant batch render anymore. So proper renders now take hours, where i previously could batch render without to many issues.
I hope they fix it soon

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes