Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Voddevent

Jul 17, 2021
Alrighty, here's the collection:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also working on a set with a snake. I'm currently *ahem* finishing her off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For anyone interested, I've been using the batch renderer to do sets whilst away from the computer. It has been game changing.
So what happened beforehand?

Sep 29, 2019
good job!
what model/hair did you use for the creepy brother, Lucas?
The character is Dupree for G3M, I converted him to G8. The materials are G8 Base but I plan to change them. The hair is from a bundle called strange man. It's called Hair Set for Genesis 8 Male, I dialed up shape 8 on the hair.

Update: FYI I went back to look at the hair I used. When i originally searched my folder I came across the hair that I told you about first. I actually used this hair instead of the hair in The Strange Man Bundle.

Last edited:

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
The character is Dupree for G3M, I converted him to G8. The materials are G8 Base but I plan to change them. The hair is from a bundle called strange man. It's called Hair Set for Genesis 8 Male, I dialed up shape 8 on the hair.
I made a version of him using Lucian 7, but yours is closer

Reactions: Gradient Brain
Jun 3, 2018

First Attempt at a DEE animation, I can see why the games take a long time to come out! Clearly a lot to learn. It took 10.5 hours and resulted in a verrrry high quality file at 1.5GB, so will need to sort out process. Trying some new approaches now. Also found the keyframe work to be a bit - awkward. I've changed now to feel a bit more natural, I was a bit lazy with using one point in time to make changes and then reset to defaults.

Is this a de(e)cent first attempt?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
That would be nice, but won't happen. There are people here who do a better, more detailed Dee than the devs.
To be fair, the Fan Art that has come after is an evolution of the original and underlying technology has also improved; I believe D was originally G3F we now have G8,1F and all the tweaks that come with that ... not so easy when developing a script to change a model asset inflight, it would be like chaning an actor halfway through shooting a movie

Jun 3, 2018
To be fair, the Fan Art that has come after is an evolution of the original and underlying technology has also improved; I believe D was originally G3F we now have G8,1F and all the tweaks that come with that ... not so easy when developing a script to change a model asset inflight, it would be like chaning an actor halfway through shooting a movie
Exactly, Mr Dots wasn't rendering with a RTX 3090 when they started 5 odd years ago. Plus, with a business model based on subsciptions, it would be difficult to fee share with contracted creatives unless they paid a flat rate that's low to maintain their overhead.

I can attest for the G8 stuff, although my Dee is G3 as I could not for the life of me get a conversion I was happy with.

Jun 3, 2018

Second attempt. I do have a lot of experience in video editing, so perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I'm not happy with the motion. Feels disappointing after 5+ hours of rendering. This one I did as an image sequence at 30fps and then complied the video, making it 1.5mb, not 1.5gb!

I'll try to refine again. Does anyone know of any animation poses that are decent?

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018

Second attempt. I do have a lot of experience in video editing, so perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I'm not happy with the motion. Feels disappointing after 5+ hours of rendering. This one I did as an image sequence at 30fps and then complied the video, making it 1.5mb, not 1.5gb!

I'll try to refine again. Does anyone know of any animation poses that are decent?
You're doing great!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ThanusDestroyer
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes