Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Reinu

Dec 16, 2018
After going through the Game/Event/Scene improvements list, I feel like all of these should've been added to the base game by the developer, even as an optional thing. Adding all these just makes so much sense, so thank you ^_^

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
I started Chapter 2 with the mod and loaded my save from Chapter 1 (reached the end of chapter 1 with a particular route) which i also played with your mod but all the Hidden Stats are at 100...and i've seen in the post from above that the Sharing and Exhibition should be carried over from the Chapter 1 but its not carried for me..Please help if i am doing something wrong..Thank you!

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I started Chapter 2 with the mod and loaded my save from Chapter 1 (reached the end of chapter 1 with a particular route) which i also played with your mod but all the Hidden Stats are at 100...and i've seen in the post from above that the Sharing and Exhibition should be carried over from the Chapter 1 but its not carried for me..Please help if i am doing something wrong..Thank you!
Redownload and install the chapter 2 mod then load your chapter 1 save again and your stats will be how they were in Chapter 1.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Why is there no scene gallery for episode 1?
Because I didn't have the idea to make a scene gallery for the game until Chapter 2, and I feel like most people don't even have Chapter 1 installed anymore since it's really old. So I guess I feel like it'd be a lot of work for something that most people wouldn't even use.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
It didn't work sorry, i uninstalled and reinstalled and again i am getting the points at 100 :(
Oh, I'm really sorry I uploaded the wrong version in this thread. Redownload and install it one more time and it will work this time.

Reactions: damien_sensei

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Thanks for the Fix it works and my points are restored..although all other points are not 100 anymore which is fine for me..just letting you know :)

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Man, this is some good stuff! However, it changes some of the game events too much in my opinion...For example, I have reservations about several "improvements" that somewhat ruin the concept of replayability or remove consequences:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wish they'd be optional. Would it be possible to remove several of these changes so these improvements wouldn't feel like cheats in some scenes? I'd like to attempt it for my personal liking. But these are my personal nitpicks and they don't change the overall awesomeness and the huge amount of effort that was put into this mod.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Man, this is some good stuff! However, it changes some of the game events too much in my opinion...For example, I have reservations about several "improvements" that somewhat ruin the concept of replayability or remove consequences:
I wish they'd be optional. Would it be possible to remove several of these changes so these improvements wouldn't feel like cheats in some scenes? I'd like to attempt it for my personal liking. But these are my personal nitpicks and they don't change the overall awesomeness and the huge amount of effort that was put into this mod.
Thanks, but sorry it'd be too much work to remove those. I definitely don't think those are like cheats though. The developer forces you to play a 10 hour game (chapter 1 is somewhere around that length if you don't skip any dialogue) three times just to see all the scenes in the chapter, and the story isn't even any different. So you'd just be missing scenes for no reason and not even be seeing a different story.

In chapters 2 and 3 though there are a lot less changes like those since scenes have started to be written in a way that makes it harder for me to allow players to do all scenes/routes in one playthrough.

Charlyeco22

Jun 23, 2018
I'm getting a could not find font u'PNB.otf' exception. I checked and the file is in dmd.ch3/game folder. What could be the problem?

Nohiul

May 14, 2017

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.23

Features:
  • A full in-game walkthrough for every important choice in the game! If a choice gives points or is required to see a scene it will be highlighted so you don't have to worry about missing points or scenes because of dumb reasons. Choices that aren't important and don't have lasting effects aren't highlighted so you still have freedom and can pick your preferred choice.

• A scene gallery containing every scene in chapter 2 and 3 can now be accessed from the main menu. All the scenes are already unlocked/viewable, meaning you don't have to replay the game to be able to see the scenes in the gallery.

• I've currently made over 100 improvements to tons of events in the game so that you will always be able to see dozens of missable scenes. So now all the scenes will play for events instead of only one. It's also now possible to do every route and unlock every reward in Chapter 1 in only one playthrough. Read the full list of improvements below to see all of the changes.

Game/Event/Scene improvements:

Installation:

DOWNLOADS

Chapter 1:
PC & Mac:

Android: -

Chapter 2:
PC & Mac:

Chapter 3:
PC & Mac:

View attachment 312552 View attachment 312553 View attachment 312554 View attachment 312555 View attachment 312556
View attachment 182026 View attachment 182027 View attachment 182028 View attachment 182029 View attachment 182030 View attachment 182031 View attachment 182032 View attachment 182033
Where are the genres listed ?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes