Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
So, discord was a bust. Do we have any info on when is mod? Anything apart from the post that says it would have been done the previous weekend?

Reactions: Seriosha

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
* Maim Lain responds to requests and devotes time and effort to making a kick-ass mod for this popular game.
* Community gives Lain crap.
* Lain takes a break in order to deal with Community's crap.
* Community gives Lain more crap.
* Lain decides to spend some time and effort on other projects which come with a bit less Community crap.
* Community gives Lain yet more crap.
* Lain promises an update to this mod despite all the Community crap.
* Community gives Lain even more crap.
. . .

Hmmm... There seems to be a pattern, here. Frankly, I don't feel this community has the moral authority to be making demands of anyone, developer or modder, but some of those folk are still kind enough to share their work with us despite the vicious cruelty exhibited by some of our members. Their patience is astonishing, and I thank them for it.

Last edited:

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
* Maim responds to requests and devotes time and effort to making a kick-ass mod for this popular game.
* Community gives Maim crap.
* Maim takes a break in order to deal with Community's crap.
* Community gives Maim more crap.
* Maim decides to spend some time and effort on other projects which come with a bit less Community crap.
* Community gives Maim yet more crap.
* Maim promises an update to this mod despite all the Community crap.
* Community gives Maim even more crap.
. . .

Hmmm... There seems to be a pattern, here. Frankly, I don't feel this community has the moral authority to be making demands of anyone, developer or modder, but some of those folk are still kind enough to share their work with us despite the vicious cruelty exhibited by some of our members. Their patience is astonishing, and I thank them for it.
To be fair I dont think this community is near the top of toxic fan bases. Some of the other game community are way more toxic and made Mains life hell. Main has said after coming back that there would be an update to this mod but it has not happened. I do think there could be better communication from Main's side. Delays happen, priorities change . If people are told they tend to be ok with that. But when updates are confirmed but then total silence, I think that causes a lot of the friction.

Just to add to that I support Main on sunscribestar and have not once chased for an update and will not chase. I still think Main is dealing with a lot of crap we dont see and that is affecting what we are getting. I just wish we got more feedback, even if the feedback is there is no feedback this week :)

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
I appreciate Maim's work on mods and his games. I am not giving him crap. I would just like to know an estimate of how long will it be. Hell, if it would help with motivation I would even go to subscribestar to help. Also, to see some Koalas.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
True, though I haven't seen this community give Maim Lain crap, it's probably the Discord community. But then, you have to remember that players who used Lain's mod before can't load their saves until Lain finishes with the updated mods. Otherwise one has to start all over again. So Lain's response to the crap is delays, it appears crap begets crap. :Kappa:

Reactions: Rickster6

BobDerBraumeister

Feb 17, 2018
To be fair I dont think this community is near the top of toxic fan bases. Some of the other game community are way more toxic and made Mains life hell. Main has said after coming back that there would be an update to this mod but it has not happened. I do think there could be better communication from Main's side. Delays happen, priorities change . If people are told they tend to be ok with that. But when updates are confirmed but then total silence, I think that causes a lot of the friction.

Just to add to that I support Main on sunscribestar and have not once chased for an update and will not chase. I still think Main is dealing with a lot of crap we dont see and that is affecting what we are getting. I just wish we got more feedback, even if the feedback is there is no feedback this week :)

Obviously there could be better communication from Lain. But then again, it's her decision. Since communication doesn't always mean sunflowers, rainbows, compliments, feedbacks or just update status in general but also a lot of negative responses, I understand her decision. Opening communications for fans also opens communication for rude insulting people which she obviously doesn't want to deal with.

She creates these mods for fun. Her subscribestar is just a way to support her doing that. We, as users or donators, have no right to new updates. We can spam questions about how long it will take but that's probably just increasing the delay.
IMO, if it's extremely rare that 2 days pass without someone asking about a new update, that shows that these people are ungrateful. And even tho it's a minority, it's a very vocal minority.

So I'd suggest letting her do her thing. By now we should have all realized that we achieve nothing if we keep bumping this thread with questions about the mod status. And maybe, she'll even be motivated to finish it faster.

I'll just reload this page once a day and then go take care of other things. It's not like my life depends on DmD ;)

potito345

Mar 25, 2019
* Maim Lain responds to requests and devotes time and effort to making a kick-ass mod for this popular game.
* Community gives Lain crap.
* Lain takes a break in order to deal with Community's crap.
* Community gives Lain more crap.
* Lain decides to spend some time and effort on other projects which come with a bit less Community crap.
* Community gives Lain yet more crap.
* Lain promises an update to this mod despite all the Community crap.
* Community gives Lain even more crap.
. . .

Problem is making promises and not keeping them. Just say " I'll do it when i can" and that's it, not "next week guys i promise" - *seen 2 months ago*

Reactions: snowman97

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Problem is making promises and not keeping them. Just say " I'll do it when i can" and that's it, not "next week guys i promise" - *seen 2 months ago*
When and/or where did she give a date for the update?

EDIT: found it, posted here earlier and found it in her Discord. So she's about a week late at this point...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikilande

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Well, I do believe we can all wait another week, can't we?
Well we can wait another 4 weeks as well :KEK: When the next update hits, it's two birds with one stone! Better yet, wait till the update after hits, three birds with one stone :WeSmart:

No seriously, when Cyberpunk 2077 launches, everybody will be too busy to care about the delays anyway.

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
Well, I think that Cyberpunk will be longer than a proper covid vaccine but anyway. I don't hink Maim will take much longer.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes