Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Lain probably has hands full of work while helping Lewdlab with Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition.
That's a thing they're doing? I guess the updates for Midnight Paradise weren't happening slowly enough.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
I feel bad for Lain. Not only does modding probably turn all these games into "work," making it difficult to just enjoy them, but Lain also gets to experience the less-than-appreciative feedback to which developer's are often exposed. It can wear you down, over time.

Human beings have a tendency to take life's positives for granted and focus on the negative. It would be really nice if those of us who appreciate Lain's work (and that of other modders) could find time to give positive and encouraging feedback to help counter the "drag" of all the grumping that occurs on a regular basis.

To Lain I say, "Thank you." You have generously donated your time and effort to our community in an attempt to make things better for us. This is not at all something you had to do, and there are a great many of us who appreciate you, even if we don't say so nearly often enough.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I see someone said this will not work with 0.29.1, but does that mean it will not work at all or just not with the new content? I don't have the best understanding of mods.

Also it says to put the game folder into the main folder (I assume to merge the game folders).. do I download and do that with all 3 files? They won't overwrite each other?

Thanks.

Reactions: faalan83

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I see someone said this will not work with 0.29.1, but does that mean it will not work at all or just not with the new content? I don't have the best understanding of mods.

Also it says to put the game folder into the main folder (I assume to merge the game folders).. do I download and do that with all 3 files? They won't overwrite each other?

Thanks.
It means that it will work only on the version 0.29, the code was written for that specific version using it in a recent version could only lead the game to crash, so don't use it on the last release.
No, the mods are different for every chapter, so you need to put the mod 1 in the game folder of Chapter 1 only, the 2 in the folder Chapter 2 only, and 3 in the folder for Chapter 3 (version 0.29) only.
So no, they will not overwrite anything, because they must been put alone in their specific folder so if you will follow the instructions you will be ok. :)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Yes...but i dont think it will be for free:

Why is the chapter 3 mod only on SubscribeStar?
It's because this mod took an astronomical amount of time and effort to create. I've had to read every single line of code in the game (over 220,000 lines), highlight every important choice, and make over 120 changes/improvements to the events in the game. Your support on SubscribeStar helps me make huge mods like this one.
Mostly annoying for those who started cp3 with the mod because you cant continue without it, so you have to start over or pay for it, whats sadly not an option for me, i play games to forget i dont have spare money to do anything else -,-

Reactions: Mikilande
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes