Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
So, this is all very interesting and all, but does anyone have any idea when Lain is going to be updating the Mod for DMD v29.1?
Just assume she doesn't care about a minor update. She's likely waiting for the next major update.

Zekewolf

Dec 18, 2018
A huge thank you Lain! Your work always brings that little (and sometimes a lot!) extra to the games!

Tr1n1ty

Aug 18, 2017
Is there any way to have all "final" scenes (F+D+G | F+D+M | F+D+J ) in one game and have that be reflected in Ch4 when it comes out? I feel like F+D+G is my favorite outcome but I also like the sharing with Martin and Jennifer routes and don't want to be locked out of any new scenes that will be in CH4 for those routes (and having 3 saves is kinda too much for me I guess) - I know it's prolly a huge amount of work and not possible but I had to ask :)

Anyhow, thanks for the amazing work - it makes the VN so much more enjoyable

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
no Lains updated with gallery as well.
Cool. It used to just be the walkthrough and 'improvements'. I assumed because there were so few scenes in part 1. Guess I'll need to grab it for...posterity... :p

Pink Man

Jun 21, 2018
Can anyone help? I'm getting this error:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 72, in execute
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 72, in execute
File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 88, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/btn_mmgallery_%s.png').

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Is there a way to reset the names in the Gallery (Chapter 2)? After choosing my name I typically hit ENTER with most games to use the default name but since there is none for "D", her name is blank now in all scenes. I tried deleting the folder with the persistent file in AppData, but it didn't work.

Someone else mentioned this issue a year ago but the suggested fix of deleting the persistent file doesn't work.

Thanks!

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm playing Chapter 2 and have it a point where I can no longer save without the game crashing. PLZ HALP! :cry:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Can anyone help? I'm getting this error:
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'mod/images/btn_mmgallery_%s.png').
The program you used to extract the mod zip file didn't extract all of the images. Try right clicking the mod zip file then click "Extract All".

Is there a way to reset the names in the Gallery
There's an invisible button in the very top left corner of the main gallery screen that you can click to reset the gallery names.

I'm playing Chapter 2 and have it a point where I can no longer save without the game crashing. PLZ HALP! :cry:
Hmm... :unsure: I'm not sure what would cause that tbh. Maybe make sure you're using the latest version of the chapter 2 mod.
I think maybe your directory name is too long, try removing some of the special characters:
"E:\[ UFOs ]\[ H-Games ]\3D\~ ! Dating My Daughter [Ch. 1-3 v0.29.1]"
"E:\UFOs\H-Games\3D\Dating My Daughter [Ch. 1-3 v0.29.1]"

Reactions: Mookey

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Hmm... :unsure: I'm not sure what would cause that tbh. Maybe make sure you're using the latest version of the chapter 2 mod.
I think maybe your directory name is too long, try removing some of the special characters:
"E:\[ UFOs ]\[ H-Games ]\3D\~ ! Dating My Daughter [Ch. 1-3 v0.29.1]"
"E:\UFOs\H-Games\3D\Dating My Daughter [Ch. 1-3 v0.29.1]"
I just did a fresh download and install for both CH2 of the game and the CH2 mod, and also shortened the directory name as much as possible to test it. Same thing still happens unfortunately =(

Added the new traceback in case it might help at all.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm in Chapter 2, and just auto-broke up with Jennifer, due to calling Georgina instead of her. My impression is that it has to be one or the other. But I just noticed that in the stats menu, under Relationships, that even though it's Yes for both Georgina and Elena, and No now for Jennifer, I still have the option to turn all three of them to Yes. Is that from the mod or vanilla? And will turning them all to Yes break the game or anything?

EDIT: Nvm. It just switches Off again automatically apparently =P

Last edited:

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Maim Lain I noticed in chapter two if you choose georgina to clean you apartment, it automatically cancels the jen relationship.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes