Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm in Chapter 2, and just auto-broke up with Jennifer, due to calling Georgina instead of her.
Maim Lain I noticed in chapter two if you choose georgina to clean you apartment, it automatically cancels the jen relationship.
Yeah the game forces you to choose between them. It's not related to the mod, it's just how the devs made the story sadly.

I just did a fresh download and install for both CH2 of the game and the CH2 mod, and also shortened the directory name as much as possible to test it. Same thing still happens unfortunately =(
Saw your message and glad to hear it's fixed for you now. The problem isn't related to the mod, the game has a lot of weird code for importing saves from chapter 1 and I think the game just messed something up during the import. Saving often is fine and won't cause any issues.

Reactions: RabidSloth

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Yeah the game forces you to choose between them. It's not related to the mod, it's just how the devs made the story sadly.

Saw your message and glad to hear it's fixed for you now. The problem isn't related to the mod, the game has a lot of weird code for importing saves from chapter 1 and I think the game just messed something up during the import. Saving often is fine and won't cause any issues.
good thing I can just turn Jennifer back on. annoying hardcoding bs. great job on the mod though Maim.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Yup, I'm well into CH3 now =)

I didn't bother trying to seek help on the main game thread because the way that usually goes is
"Are you using any mods?"
"Yes."
"Then f*ck off."

XD

Kind of off-topic a bit, but I'm currently having some mixed feelings with the current goings-on in my game. I've entertained a bit the thought of "Sharing" with another guy. Like *possibly* Graham. But this Ryan character has me feeling like *ABORT!* *ABORT!* lol. Feels like it's starting to stray a bit into NTR territory (that would be for a separate playthrough if done). Especially since I've felt like as the player, I've had no influence over her attraction to him. Or at least none that I recognized. Even freaking Elena seems like it's turning into NTR. Is this game a stealth NTR torpedo lol? Edit: To be more specific I guess I'm referring more to "emotional NTR", if that's even a term.

Last edited:

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Yup, I'm well into CH3 now =)

I didn't bother trying to seek help on the main game thread because the way that usually goes is
"Are you using any mods?"
"Yes."
"Then f*ck off."

XD

Kind of off-topic a bit, but I'm currently having some mixed feelings with the current goings-on in my game. I've entertained a bit the thought of "Sharing" with another guy. Like *possibly* Graham. But this Ryan character has me feeling like *ABORT!* *ABORT!* lol. Feels like it's starting to stray a bit into NTR territory (that would be for a separate playthrough if done). Especially since I've felt like as the player, I've had no influence over her attraction to him. Or at least none that I recognized. Even freaking Elena seems like it's turning into NTR. Is this game a stealth NTR torpedo lol? Edit: To be more specific I guess I'm referring more to "emotional NTR", if that's even a term.
Change your sharing settings. I have locked out all of the guys but keep the girls option open. You can share Dee or not based on your in game answers or override those with the choices in the mod. The sharing isn't NTR since Dee always 'belongs" to her father and will not be taken away but if you don't want to share her with any guys, lock out those options.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Change your sharing settings. I have locked out all of the guys but keep the girls option open. You can share Dee or not based on your in game answers or override those with the choices in the mod. The sharing isn't NTR since Dee always 'belongs" to her father and will not be taken away but if you don't want to share her with any guys, lock out those options.
Yep, I'm aware of the sharing settings, and am glad that they are there. For this playthrough I am only willing to share D with other women, or at least I thought so, until she had that dream about Elena, and seemed to be contemplating leaving F for her. Now I'm not sure, but will see where it goes.

I also picked every choice I could to prevent Martin sharing (will probably do him and sharing with other males in a separate playthrough), but still felt like he got a little too handsy with her on the dance floor, but other than that it seemed mostly platonic.

The character that is really bothering me personally (not meaning anything negative towards the people who aren't bothered by it. Different strokes and all that.) is Ryan. Who also does not even currently have a sharing option in the menu. D seems way too attracted to him to the point of fantasizing about him and having trouble hiding her feelings for him. I know that that probably does not fall under the definition of "NTR". But just to set that term aside for a moment and replace it with whatever would be more appropriate, it's still bothering me a lot. I'm not sure if her feelings for him are determined by how high the sharing stat is, or if she's always going to be attracted to him regardless, but at this point I'm wishing that he just wasn't in the game =(. If anyone had a chance of stealing F's little girl away from him, it'd be him by a mile (from what I've seen thus far). And even if that never happens, I'd still feel "emotionally cucked", if that makes any sense at all lol.

Plus there is an unsettling parallel between him and some other characters lol. Spoilers:

My understanding is that Rachel was in a relationship with her father, Joe. And then the MC came along and (unknowingly) stole her. Unless I misread and they were already split up. Right now it feels like D=Rachel, MC=Joe, Ryan=young MC.

Also I know this thread is supposed to be about the mod specifically, so I apologize for straying ot and will try not to make it a habit.

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019
New update is out. I hope your doing good, Lain, this game can't be enjoy at 100% without your mod! Thanks in advance, as ussual.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Moonywb

Apr 14, 2019
New update is out. I hope your doing good, Lain, this game can't be enjoy at 100% without your mod! Thanks in advance, as ussual.
Just got it from subscribestar, note says the following:

Available in the Settings menu

- for those that have the walkthrough, there is an option to enable an “In-Game Walkthrough” in the Settings menu.

See here:

When choices come up onto the screen there will be details (shown in yellow) to let you know what the best choices are to make
for extra love points, bonus scenes, or scenes with other characters.

See here:

- there is also an option to enable or disable animations in the game.

See here:

Reactions: Tearil

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019

Available in the Settings menu

- for those that have the walkthrough, there is an option to enable an “In-Game Walkthrough” in the Settings menu.

See here:

When choices come up onto the screen there will be details (shown in yellow) to let you know what the best choices are to make
for extra love points, bonus scenes, or scenes with other characters.

See here:

- there is also an option to enable or disable animations in the game.

See here:
Yea, i noticed that ( In-game Walkthrough Code: notoriety, btw), but i still want the scene gallery from Lain. Thanks for the heads up anyways!

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019

Yeah not quite the same. The mod has many QoL features like seeing scenes that otherwise would lock you out of others as well as a gallery function.

Not dismissing the devs honest attempts but the mod does more and we'll all wait for it to be updated.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
I don't know if you read these Maim Lain but you are the gold standard in game fixing/upgrading/modding. The Michael Jordan of Modding! Bar None-miles ahead of everyone. Milfy City my first adult game I ever played and you really did great work and wanted to thank you since then and take care.

Abaddon01

Feb 6, 2018
Dont understand it...until chapter 3 fucked the Hell out of her and creampie..Chapter 4= noooo dont do it here/there/anywhere......

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
If I am just installing the latest version i.e. CH4 0.30 then will I have to downlload mods for all chapters or not?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I cant run chapter 1, 2 and 3 on my Galaxy a50.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wrong thread, you should post that in the game thread not mod thread.
Anyways, if it doesn't crash right away, try to change the video mode by pressing SHIFT+G and select another video rendering mode.
NOTE: no idea if that works with a smart phone.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes