3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
love-joint-games.com/DfD/public/ch1/_RD_/download/
as i stated in my previous comment, the online version got fixed after i reported it to Palmer and Ricky on discord but the windows downloadable version isn't fixed yet so downloading it from there means nothing, you will still refer to your daughter as step daughter as i showed in the screenshot.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
as i stated in my previous comment, the online version got fixed after i reported it to Palmer and Ricky on discord but the windows downloadable version isn't fixed yet so downloading it from there means nothing.
Is fixed. I just fixed it.

cuddlepuddle

Donor
Dec 22, 2016
when i run this i get:
Daughter For Dessert Chapter 1 v1.0 (Real)\decode_scenes.py", line 32, in <module>
f.write(line_dec + '\n')
TypeError: can't concat bytes to str
Try replacing the '\n' with this: "\n".encode('ascii')
See if that works. Apparently it's an issue with Python 3... (disclaimer: Java engineer, not good with Python XD)
EDIT: OK that still doesn't work with Python 3... I'm heading out the door right now, but can whip up a python3 compatible version when I'm back. In the meantime, you can run it with Python 2.7 and it'll work :/

Nice, thanks. Now I'll need to come out with something different for next release... :angry:
Sorry mate :/
I'll add a disclaimer to do it after playing to search for missed opportunities. This game is definitely good enough that you should play through the first couple times blind!

Last edited:

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
See if that works. Apparently it's an issue with Python 3...
i still get with f.write(line_dec + "\n".encode('ascii'))
NEW\decode_scenes.py", line 32, in <module>
f.write(line_dec + "\n".encode('ascii'))
TypeError: write() argument must be str, not bytes

Patan

May 28, 2017
See if that works. Apparently it's an issue with Python 3...

Sorry mate :/
I'll add a disclaimer to do it after playing to search for missed opportunities. This game is definitely good enough that you should play through the first couple time blind!
i am not a huge computer geek, how do you run that file?

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Porbably a patreon thing honestly. She is likely to be his daughter, she behaves like his daughter, they think of themselves as father and daughter...

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Question - What exactly is the difference between the 'real' and the 'adopted' version?

It seems like the only difference content-wise, is the use of descriptions in the story. Something that could easily be handled with just a simple question/variable at the beginning of the game. I guess what I'm really asking is - why is there a completely separate release for something so trivial?

I'm sure there's a legitimate reason for it, but as a developer I can't see a reason why it was made that way.

Porbably a patreon thing honestly.
I don't really get that either. Saying it's an adopted daughter vs real daughter wouldn't spare you from the wrath of Patreon. Doesn't seem like it would be a big issue anyways if MrDots can get away with it in DMD. The only thing you would presumably need is careful wording of the game.

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
See if that works. Apparently it's an issue with Python 3... (disclaimer: Java engineer, not good with Python XD)
EDIT: OK that still doesn't work with Python 3... I'm heading out the door right now, but can whip up a python3 compatible version when I'm back. In the meantime, you can run it with Python 2.7 and it'll work :/
thanks i used python 2.7 and it worked but what do i do now to use them?
i tried renaming the folder to scenes but when launching dfd i just get a black screen and i would like to test them since i believe i have successfully when through every script and fixed the issues with the main character saying step or adopted when he should say daughter.

Last edited:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Why stand on the first side this is Chapter 2 Version 1.1 when it is 1.0 only for downloading?

tgbyhn2008

Aug 16, 2017
Prescient, adjective, having or showing knowledge of events before they take place. Even learned a new word today.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Chapter 1, I download from official site. Fullscreen kill my fps (60->10) and stuttering/lagging like hell. And I don't like to play in window mode. Tell me if there's a fix on this, I can't enjoy non-fullscreen game.

W7 Ultimate, AMD R7, i7, 16bg Ram.

Last edited:

gto123

Aug 5, 2017
So can you do anything with Kathy or Amanda yet? I just beat chapter 1 and 2 and all i saw was Amandas panties/kathy nude and the bartenders bare ass.

William Bodd

Jul 7, 2017
You need to unzip it first. Try using Winrar or 7-zip or even "Extract all" button in Windows Explorer. If you double click the zip and then run the exe you'll get this error.
Not quite that much of a noob. That is the extracted exe giving the error.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes