3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
No one has answered whether there is a way to play a non "adopted" version of this game.
If there isn't, then no point in watching this thread.

As for the crypto-mining... why not? It's a good reason to make the game online only. It's only going to cost you a few cents more per play-thru. Palmer needs to get paid, or he wouldn't be doing this.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
My first time posting here. But while I was playing Chapter 1, the executable started using 95% of my GPU and I have a GTX 1080TI. I read somewhere that there are "free" programs and websites that try to use unsuspecting users' computers to mine crypto currency and I'm suspecting this one does. Does anyone else notice it? The exe usually hovers around 18% regularly and I never noticed it until it did a sudden leap to 95% and my water pump started making high RPM noises.

Loved the story though. And I hope it is just a bug.

Edit: I was actually on the patreon page debating whether I should pull the trigger or not until this happened.
We obviously haven't spent two years+ building a good repertoire only to mine for crypto currency. I'll ask Ricky (the programmer) to join this thread to answer your questions/issues with spikes in GPU usage.

Last edited:

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Palmer spends a lot of his time trying to put DRM and other anti-crack-ware into his games. He doesn't like it when people don't pay him, so he has to find a way to punish those who don't pony up the cash for an early release.

So if you played the cracked chapter 1, he will force you to start from the beginning~ bwhahahwaha!
We're not looking to punish anyone and we certainly haven't spent a lot of time creating "DRM and other anti-crack-ware" tools in an online game.

Reactions: sexybastardo

Daisies

Jun 12, 2017
It's probably just an optimization issue in fullscreen causing the usage spikes. Maybe a memory leak.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I have a question; I was thinking of becoming a patron but as I understand it, because of Patreon's new strict rules I'd be pledging and receiving the "adopted" version and unlike most of the people Patreon has cucked, I don't want to put up with that bullshit. Especially seeing as I already completed Chapter 1 and 2 with the "real" version.

So, the question, or rather questions, are:
1. Is the "real" version fan made or is that something Palmer is producing on the side to upload onto here along with other websites?
2. As I stated above, will I get the "adopted" version if I become a patron?
3. If answer to number 2 is "Yes", does that mean I have to wait for the "real" version of Chapter 3?
1. Yes, we make the real version.
2. Yes, but we are working on fixing this.
3. Currently yes

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Looks like my post on this thread was deleted or I'm not sure what really happens, and i still ask why admins of this forum like @Sam allow the admins of the game to control there own game thread, this was updated just C2 but C3 is already out, normally this forum is made for people who want the last versions of the game, this game developer is just making f95zone reputation going down. No hard feeling for @Palmer but this website is a pirate website.
Feel free to start a request thread for Chapter 3 or the full voiced version of chapter 2 and 1. I assume that's perfectly within the forum rules to do so and I wouldn't mind. Anyone is free to try and crack this game. I know what this site does, and if I had some big moral issue about that I obviously wouldn't be here at all. I come for the feedback so we can make better games. That's really all there is too it.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
The links that I used on this post for chapters is causing chapter 2 to not start up. I played through chapter one and when I went to go play chapter 2 it said i did not play chapter one. I am wondering if it was because the link for chapter 1 is bordered by F95zone border around the game window? Perhaps this is causing confusion with the code for chapter 2?

frozengrimm

Jun 3, 2017
If I become patron for this month starting today, will my subscription be on time when u release ch.4.
Just found out about your game today, really loving it. Would love to support you guys.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
If I become patron for this month starting today, will my subscription be on time when u release ch.4.
Just found out about your game today, really loving it. Would love to support you guys.
So far we have kept our deadlines, meaning releasing the game at the end of every month (and not at the start of the next month) and the same should hold true this month. However, as usual in game development, I can't 100% definitely guarantee it. Issues can arise that we can not foresee etc, but I'm feeling confident it will be out before Jan 1. And thank you so much btw :)

Reactions: cuddlepuddle

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
The links that I used on this post for chapters is causing chapter 2 to not start up. I played through chapter one and when I went to go play chapter 2 it said i did not play chapter one. I am wondering if it was because the link for chapter 1 is bordered by F95zone border around the game window? Perhaps this is causing confusion with the code for chapter 2?
We have seen a few of these messages now and are investigating it. We suspect it has something do with first playing the cracked version that was uploaded here. When we have a solution I will update this thread.
Edit: Updated the OP to reflect this.

Last edited:

Lemmon Sweat

Oct 22, 2017
Thanks to everyone involved in bringing us chapter 2, including the developer. Even with limited sexual content, DFD is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I am anxiously awaiting chapter 3.

Reactions: Palmer

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
My first time posting here. But while I was playing Chapter 1, the executable started using 95% of my GPU and I have a GTX 1080TI. I read somewhere that there are "free" programs and websites that try to use unsuspecting users' computers to mine crypto currency and I'm suspecting this one does. Does anyone else notice it? The exe usually hovers around 18% regularly and I never noticed it until it did a sudden leap to 95% and my water pump started making high RPM noises.

Loved the story though. And I hope it is just a bug.

Edit: I was actually on the patreon page debating whether I should pull the trigger or not until this happened.
Hi there,
Here's Ricky, DFD's programmer.

As Palmer already stated, we definitely are NOT using our games to mining any kind of virtual currency. If there's an usual CPU or GPU spike anywhere, that might be a bug, memory leak or something else you can report (ricky@love-joint.com). I use to profile my games start to finish to grant they are as optimized as possible (I take optimization very seriously), and I never saw before DFD using 95% of the GPU nor CPU.

Here you can see two screenshots of both Ch1 and Ch2 running on my PC, and the CPU and GPU usage is pretty low.

These are our official builds, however. I suggest you to follow and only download games from our official server (love-joint-games.com).

Best,
Ricky.

Lemmon Sweat

Oct 22, 2017
No one has answered whether there is a way to play a non "adopted" version of this game.
If there isn't, then no point in watching this thread.

As for the crypto-mining... why not? It's a good reason to make the game online only. It's only going to cost you a few cents more per play-thru. Palmer needs to get paid, or he wouldn't be doing this.
Links to the "real" versions are available on page one. I think that any reference to adoption found in the real version can be considered an oversight or a typo.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I played on my laptop, didn't download it and played the browser version since the .exe was on the slower side (browser loaded up faster). Anyways as I was playing, the game was definitely going slow the longer I played it, especially during the transition periods, and my laptop fans was going faster and getting hotter. Maybe its just how the game is made, and most of the games I've played or Ren'py

SPEC: T520 Thinkpad on Ubuntu 17.10
Browser: Google Chrome

EDIT: Only reason why I suspected the whole cryptomining thing is because some websites like CSGOconfig and Piratebay was accused of having them onto their website and it had the symptoms being the same
This visual novel has a lot of high quality pictures and so forth, which take a while to download depending on the site you were playing it on, and your bandwidth... I usually avoid playing 3D type games via a website, they always take too long to download the next scenes... It's always better to be patient, and download the game in it's entirety... There are several scenes where fade out/fade in's occur, kinda like in movies, just a tid bit slower, yet they work well for me... Not sure what engine they use, but it's not bad, as the visuals are super clear and sharp....

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes