3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Tried the changes but same result. I think it's a cmd issue on my PC as I can't open it at all. Sorry to bother you all
In a blank empty space inside the folder where start.bat is, hold SHIFT and right click, there should be "open command prompt here" in the right click menu, click that and a command prompt window should appear, then type start.bat and hit enter

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Cracked chapters 4 and 5 added to OP. Many thanks to the users who helped me test.

Crack is windows only, if there is demand I'll add OSX and Linux. You may be able to run in Firefox on OSX and Linux by opening the game/index.html file, but this is untested.

Save file importing instructions in OP, saves are only compatible if you played the online versions in the OP or on Newgrounds.
I'd like to see all 5 chapters cracked for OSX, please!

Reactions: smsmsm

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
In a blank empty space inside the folder where start.bat is, hold SHIFT and right click, there should be "open command prompt here" in the right click menu, click that and a command prompt window should appear, then type start.bat and hit enter
Hmm I get no such option but I do get the option to "open windows powershell here"

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I plan to wait to see if a non-web browser version of Ch 4 & 5 ever get posted... As I don't want to re-play 1 thru 3 just to get the web browser version to match up with the same choices I made in the non-browser versions...

kgh385

Jun 7, 2017
I can share mine, of course it might not be the ideal save. The game's skip feature works fine though, so you could quickly replay 1 2 and 3 if you wanted your ideal options chosen.
This just takes me to a link with the script and I can't download anything.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I plan to wait to see if a non-web browser version of Ch 4 & 5 ever get posted... As I don't want to re-play 1 thru 3 just to get the web browser version to match up with the same choices I made in the non-browser versions...
It'll probably take some time, I think I read something about an offline release around 6 weeks after the patron version or something, so you might want to think about it again, chapter 4 is awesome ;)

I just finished said chapter and what can I say, I always thought Kathy would be my favorite girl since she's awesome and all, but Heidi might be a worthy opponent. Not that the daughter is really far behind, sometimes it's just 0,1%.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
It'll probably take some time, I think I read something about an offline release around 6 weeks after the patron version or something, so you might want to think about it again, chapter 4 is awesome ;)

I just finished said chapter and what can I say, I always thought Kathy would be my favorite girl since she's awesome and all, but Heidi might be a worthy opponent. Not that the daughter is really far behind, sometimes it's just 0,1%.
I don't mind waiting, I'm fairly patient... I just don't want to go through the first 3 chapters again just to get it to match up with the non-browser play through's I've already done...

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I don't mind waiting, I'm fairly patient... I just don't want to go through the first 3 chapters again just to get it to match up with the non-browser play through's I've already done...
It's up to you, but I did it and it didn't really take that long, maybe 10 minutes tops per chapter, probably less if you just skip through everything. I read a few things here and there.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
i maybe kinda a new voice here, but to share a few opinions of mine and see how you guys might agree/ disagree on high/low points. first, i think the story written by palmer and his guys is good really good even. at least for awhile. after a while of playing, it starts to look like other games that end up falling short in the same areas. to start with, sex. sex in a sex game. sex seems more than implied. in DFD, the previews for the next chapters always seem to try to spin an erotic future that doesn't happen by implying it will. big problem with many games. should not have wait/ donate for 6-8 chapters before something happens for mc. 1st chapter shows mc saying he seeing the daughter but in 2 turns out its only selfies of her friend.

what makes this one seem so good was likeable characters good story and seemingly deep romance with daughter which somehow comes off touching, but let's face it; it's supposed to be an erotic sex game. even tastefully done it should exist. but doesn't. and i have a feeling it probably won't get any more frequent or hardcore than foreplay. as a player, i already have a sense for the flow and style of the story, so after this many chapters, even if it still seems too early to tell as it's only 3, still enough to get a feel of what we can expect. and as not even many chapters were planned, even the romance part is not advancing at all. or purposefully stalled or drawn out after only a scrap or tease each time. but, another thing i did like is no male competition. always kills a story. u can't just relax and enjoy story and get to know characters, then pick girl. most h date sims are relaxed like this one.

also, further diminished by the fact it's supposed to be a romance between father/daughter but dev seem intent on distracting father with others, when focus should be daughter advancement, furthered by disappointing h scenes that stop at FOREPLAY without real sex. you can't spin a love story about a girl in a title then try to divert this with others. daughter probably won't happen. game seems to realistic in response not at all crazy- fun type for her to accept a harem. further, foreplay is meant to be a precursor to sex. in real life, guys accept anal, bj, hj ect alone when real life consequences exist. so i never understand why patreon devs lame out on h scenes all the time. even in daughters masturbation scene panties on? i don't think we can expect anything to happen with daughter at this point if sh is being kept that reserved on purpose. as for the 2 bar girls? i think they were added b cuz of an obvious dry spell or absence of sex in a sex game, and let's face it, at it's heart like any other, this is advertised as being a sex game. a sex game with a little more, but a sex game all the same. but disapointing when these type of games start and end with only hj scenes, never seems right or satisfing as a sex game. the brunette bar girl doesn't even TOUCH him, she makes him wank to her as a masturbation aid. seriously? foreplay isnt sex and that sure as hell isn't either.

i REALLY thought i found a good one this time, i really wanted to, but the overstreched procrastination and promises of more/ better with more time/ donations at this point just seems too routine and familliar. it's just too bad because i really liked the characters they had me laughing so damn hard sometimes and they ere great together with mc. and other scenes seemed to damn sweet i admit to loosing a few tears when father had drunk breakdown and daughter took care of him all night.(best scene) but it feels like the fear it might all be going nowhere sex or romantic wise seems now predictable. however early some may say it may be to tell, it still doesn't seem likely it will. ethans legacy was heavy on love story too but it took basically the end of game to get only really one scene despite supposedly how in love dialogue tried to imply, and yet talk of being together, ect no vanilla sex. guy pulls out too. anticlimactic for story, and not hot for an erotic game. dating my daughter? blueballs right guys? highpoints in both were : 1, charcters were good 2, story was good. but in dating my daughter, the daughter teases and it drags on for ever with her second guessing only another 35th rub scene. tiresome. plus i found her character seemed selfish with mc's 'forced pandering or game over' too much. she never seemed to give much back with all the father did for her.

this game seemed at least better than that in many of these ways but falls still short on a focus of adding sex or the romance story advancement. but i still like the game but am annoyed still. probably cuz i wanted to beleive in this one so much. i even thought of being a 10$ or more patron, would have been my first time. thats how much of a good feeling i had early on. but now i'm afraid it's not going to improve enough in these areas to commit to something that might disappiont in the end. shit. just looked up saw wall of text just now. before i stop typing though, i am curious if anyone else has similar impressions? any thoughts?
Haven't played since around chapter 2, and am looking forward to catch up when I have time (working on my own stuff takes time). But the main issue you are talking about is something I also bring up all the time. I even came up with a trope name for it: The Stairway to Heaven, and you can read about it here:

Different games move at different paces. And as frustrating as I can find these scenes as a player myself. Some people love a slow, teasing progression. Games that start with tons of early sex often also have the weakest plots, though there are exceptions like Good Girl Gone Bad. So as a dev it's all about finding the middle ground. And that's harder than it seems to be fair. There is also the concern I have seen voiced that when the sex actually happens, Patrons won't stick around because they already have what they wanted. I can't speak to that personally, but I do think that the fear is likely overblown so long as the dev doesn't make sex the end of the relationship. It should be a new beginning in the story, but definitely not the end.

Reactions: blastwave2k

cri

Oct 23, 2017
Was the problem of not recognizing the departure of the previous chapter solved?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Haven't played since around chapter 2, and am looking forward to catch up when I have time (working on my own stuff takes time). But the main issue you are talking about is something I also bring up all the time. I even came up with a trope name for it: The Stairway to Heaven, and you can read about it here:

Different games move at different paces. And as frustrating as I can find these scenes as a player myself. Some people love a slow, teasing progression. Games that start with tons of early sex often also have the weakest plots, though there are exceptions like Good Girl Gone Bad. So as a dev it's all about finding the middle ground. And that's harder than it seems to be fair. There is also the concern I have seen voiced that when the sex actually happens, Patrons won't stick around because they already have what they wanted. I can't speak to that personally, but I do think that the fear is likely overblown so long as the dev doesn't make sex the end of the relationship. It should be a new beginning in the story, but definitely not the end.
I don't know that it would even be fair to compare what's happened so far to the Stairway to Heaven yet... The game is such a slow burn that you're only a few days further than where part 2 ends and those days haven't led to much alone time with Amanda, so who knows. I'm gonna replay it all from the beginning at some point, see if I cant trigger things in a way that I like better by having certain flags. But Overall I do think it's too early to quite throw it in the Stairway pile...

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes