3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Your latest release for "stranded with me" was, a game many people dont care about. The fact the release of an episode for that game pushes away the release for DfD is ridiculous. Thank god i decided not to continue being a patreon anymore
Where have we said that it specifically pushes back the release of DFD? Just because you are not interested in Stranded With Her, it doesn't mean that others aren't. We've seen very good feedback from it, I'm not sure of why the hate for releasing a free game?

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Your latest release for "stranded with me" was, a game many people dont care about. The fact the release of an episode for that game pushes away the release for DfD is ridiculous. Thank god i decided not to continue being a patreon anymore
It doesn't affect the release of DFD19 in any way. Thank you so much for your support on Patreon. It's people like you that makes it possible for us to release all of our games for free! Again, thank you, and I hope you had a great weekend.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
Our latest free release was 6 days ago. Please have patience :)
Where have we said that it specifically pushes back the release of DFD? Just because you are not interested in Stranded With Her, it doesn't mean that others aren't. We've seen very good feedback from it, I'm not sure of why the hate for releasing a free game?
It doesn't affect the release of DFD19 in any way. Thank you so much for your support on Patreon. It's people like you that makes it possible for us to release all of our games for free! Again, thank you, and I hope you had a great weekend.
Ok then, if we're just talking about DFD, then what was the free release 6 days ago you mentioned?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That is, arguably, the most moronic comment i've ever read.

Patrons already have all the content, you're mad that you can't get free shit and taking it out on the dev and that's utterly pathetic.

You would know that if you'd ever been a patron.

Or had common sense.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That is, arguably, the most moronic comment i've ever read.

Patrons already have all the content, you're mad that you can't get free shit and taking it out on the dev and that's utterly pathetic.

You would know that if you'd ever been a patron.

Or had common sense.
$10 gets you everything they've ever done! I keep considering it...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
$10 gets you everything they've ever done! I keep considering it...
I'll do it for a few months at some point when Double Homework is further along.

While I have had some very vocal issues with a part of the storyline here I have enjoyed it overall and Kathy is one of my all time fave girls.

Once DH has a good amount of content i'll more than likely patron them for a few months, I think I owe at least that much.

GypsyBastard

Aug 9, 2018
//WARNING! ranting ahead, use caution//

The game started out promising but playing past chapter 13 put me in a really bad mood, like a REALLY bad mood.
Amanda turns from a warm and lovable person into someone who wouldn't give you the light of day.
All because some random distant relative, who she never met before, said I was a bad man.

In chapter 17 she said it never occurred to her that it could be a misunderstanding, but it's so much more than just a misunderstanding.
It also bothers me how casual she is about everything when she picks you up from jail, it feels like it didn't even weight on her conscience.

She did admit to being selfish at the beach, which is a understatement if I ever heard one.
In the end it felt like it was too little too late.

She didn't even bother trying to communicate or hearing your side of the story, showing a lack of mental maturity and a complete lack of trust in the MC.
It's really weird cause the MC raised her, she should have a better grip on what kind of person he is.
Instead she dropped you faster than the world populace number dropped after Thanos started snapping people out of existence.

In the end it makes the MC feel betrayed, like your best friend suddenly started acting cold towards you for a false rumor that's going around.
A real friend would have come to you and helped you in anyway he could, even if that rumor turned out to be true.

I don't think I could ever start a relationship with someone who is so easily swayed into thinking I was some evil monster without even hearing my side of the story.
I don't know how they will redeem her in future chapters but I don't think I could ever see her as a "Childhood friend", a romantic partner or even as a friend.
She has to pull some insane stunt to regain any semblance of trust from me.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Snipped to save space cos lots of text

That was the problem quite a few of us had with Amanda at the time. It came from out of the blue she went from intelligent, loving girl to halfwit in a matter of minutes.

I think 19 is the last update for this and while I don't think all of us jumped back on the Amanda train I do believe the girls left saved the story, at least they did for me.

Kathy was the star of the show for me, she kept me interested but Heidi was just as great a character.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You did not rant so much as express previously stated ire at the daughter's sudden negative opinion of her father.
You did miss condemning the daughter for having the audacity to be angry at the MC for pursuing a relationship with a non-psycho girl.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
Honestly, the treatment of the MC and the development of Amanda has completely put me off playing any of Palmer's other games. Yeah, DFD has other great girls other than the titular daughter, but it's really distracting when the storyline keeps expecting me to be nice to her and treat her like she's done nothing wrong. I just don't trust him not to pull the same bullshit in a different story, so for me, once DFD is done, I'm done. I won't be checking out Stranded or Double Homework, or anything else down the line.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Honestly, the treatment of the MC and the development of Amanda has completely put me off playing any of Palmer's other games. Yeah, DFD has other great girls other than the titular daughter, but it's really distracting when the storyline keeps expecting me to be nice to her and treat her like she's done nothing wrong. I just don't trust him not to pull the same bullshit in a different story, so for me, once DFD is done, I'm done. I won't be checking out Stranded or Double Homework, or anything else down the line.
Double Homework, so far, has an interesting start. Plus it's free on the website so I'm playing it there right now.

But otherwise I'm with y'all on DFD.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You don't have to be nice to her.

Best part of this game is you can pick love interests. Just tell her you aren't interested when she tries crawling back and stick with one of the other girls.

My play through with Kathy was great.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
You don't have to be nice to her.
Yes, you do.

What you don't have to do is have sex with her.

But, ep17 is the first episode where Amanda and the MC are reunited after she leaves to stay with her aunt, and it's filled with the MC constantly making excuses for her and Amanda's response being 'gosh, shucks, how silly of me uwu'. There's no way not to go to the beach or pal around and the game makes you feel horrible for even having to think about it what you're doing, like you're crushing some innocent little animal rather than making Amanda deal with the consequences of making assumptions and ignoring the people closest to her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You're right that there are other great girls, but even focusing on them, the main story is centered squarely on the MC and his daughter, so you can't get away from it. You're still forced to be accepting and accommodating of her, despite her being the source of all most all of the problems in the second half of the game. The aunt may have facilitated it, but the MC wouldn't be anywhere near a jail cell if it weren't for Amanda.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Yes, you do.

What you don't have to do is have sex with her.

But, ep17 is the first episode where Amanda and the MC are reunited after she leaves to stay with her aunt, and it's filled with the MC constantly making excuses for her and Amanda's response being 'gosh, shucks, how silly of me uwu'. There's no way not to go to the beach or pal around and the game makes you feel horrible for even having to think about it what you're doing, like you're crushing some innocent little animal rather than making Amanda deal with the consequences of making assumptions and ignoring the people closest to her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You're right that there are other great girls, but even focusing on them, the main story is centered squarely on the MC and his daughter, so you can't get away from it. You're still forced to be accepting and accommodating of her, despite her being the source of all most all of the problems in the second half of the game. The aunt may have facilitated it, but the MC wouldn't be anywhere near a jail cell if it weren't for Amanda.
It's almost like right and wrong are complicated, abstract concepts and not everyone thinks like you. Almost. (Then again, I wouldn't mind having the option to blow someone off in those games, in only because I like options, but I probably wouldn't chose it anyway)

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
It's almost like right and wrong are complicated, abstract concepts and not everyone thinks like you. Almost. (Then again, I wouldn't mind having the option to blow someone off in those games, in only because I like options, but I probably wouldn't chose it anyway)
Actually, their opinion was fairly common place around when Chapter 17 came out.

The game forces you to agree with Amanda despite the common opinion that what she did was bullshit.

Your daughter/lover up and leaves at the word of an aunt she hasn't seen for at least a decade and NOT the word of her father/lover, and gives you NO time to explain or try to defend himself, and when she comes crawling back she tries to act all cute and innocent and you're not given an option to say no?

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Actually, their opinion was fairly common place around when Chapter 17 came out.

The game forces you to agree with Amanda despite the common opinion that what she did was bullshit.

Your daughter/lover up and leaves at the word of an aunt she hasn't seen for at least a decade and NOT the word of her father/lover, and gives you NO time to explain or try to defend himself, and when she comes crawling back she tries to act all cute and innocent and you're not given an option to say no?
Yeah, I'm not saying the opinion is wrong, just that it's not the only one. Sorry about the condescending tone, that was for humour.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

The game can not continue unless you just act like a doormat and accept what the daughter did to the MC.
However there should have been the FU option that then could have led to an earlier game ending. If you want to forgive the daughter then you go on to the following chapters if not you should have had the option to tell her to fuck off and go off with another girl of your choice leaving the daughter to begin a new life without you.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes