3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
hey guys sorry but i'm a little bit confused,i overlooked this game for a long time so i finally decided to give it a go last month and i liked it a lot so i played through all 18 chapters one after the other,so considering the last update was 4 months ago and the game hasn't ended yet since we're in the middle of a trial,when the fuck is it coming out? i need to know the end of this,i invested a lot of time in dfd and honestly got kinda attached to the characters as i usually do whenever i play quality VN's,so will there be a chapter 19? what is this season 2 you're talking about? when will it be released? i checked palmer's patreon and didn't see any specific dates so if anyone has an answer i'd be very grateful,thx.
There is already a CH19; that and the epilogues are online only at the moment.
Season 2 isn't definitely being developed as yet.

Reactions: Argonath

JohnDough1234

Jan 31, 2019
hey guys sorry but i'm a little bit confused,i overlooked this game for a long time so i finally decided to give it a go last month and i liked it a lot so i played through all 18 chapters one after the other,so considering the last update was 4 months ago and the game hasn't ended yet since we're in the middle of a trial,when the fuck is it coming out? i need to know the end of this,i invested a lot of time in dfd and honestly got kinda attached to the characters as i usually do whenever i play quality VN's,so will there be a chapter 19? what is this season 2 you're talking about? when will it be released? i checked palmer's patreon and didn't see any specific dates so if anyone has an answer i'd be very grateful,thx.

I just picked this up as well, and don't understand why there the daughter calls her dad "bud" i find it off putting and weird. Usually there is a patch in the downloads to fix it but maybe i just have not gone far enough?

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I just picked this up as well, and don't understand why there the daughter calls her dad "bud" i find it off putting and weird. Usually there is a patch in the downloads to fix it but maybe i just have not gone far enough?
You can change their relationship in the settings in the main menu

mortemtyrannis

Jan 8, 2018
There will be a lot of posts this month, so stay tuned for more info of what's to come, which is a lot.
In all honesty, unless the next post is to say "Here is the ending" I can't say I'm particularly interested. I never thought I would honestly say this, but I'm not interested in the sequel when, as far as I'm concerned, the first games not finished.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
In all honesty, unless the next post is to say "Here is the ending" I can't say I'm particularly interested. I never thought I would honestly say this, but I'm not interested in the sequel when, as far as I'm concerned, the first games not finished.
The game is finished and even has some epilogues, you just have to be a patron to play them; at least for now.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

mortemtyrannis

Jan 8, 2018
The game is finished and even has some epilogues, you just have to be a patron to play them; at least for now.
Except they were the ones who decided that they were going to do the combined Patreon and Free versions, so the fact that they have decided to not release the free version of Chapter 19, even though they released the paid version 7 months ago, I find slightly annoying. Especially as with their new game, they seem perfectly happy to release the free version ~1 month after the paid release.

I'm not here to argue though. It's ultimately their game, they can do with it what they will.

Which means on a pirate site not finished.
No on their site, its not finished.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
so will there be a chapter 19? what is this season 2 you're talking about? when will it be released? i checked palmer's patreon and didn't see any specific dates so if anyone has an answer i'd be very grateful,thx.
There is a Chapter 19, along with 4 epilogues on Patreon. We do not have a set release date for these yet but they will be released for free. If you read the Season 2 post in full you would see that we say it is not 100%. Simply this month we are producing a scene of an idea we have for a potential S2 for Platinum Patrons.

alominus

Oct 8, 2019
Man.. the patreon work-arounds in this game are the worst I've ever seen. "If I saw a guy and a girl talking in a bar the last thing I would think is that they were childhood friend and childhood friend." Had to mute the voices too, ugh.

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
Man.. the patreon work-arounds in this game are the worst I've ever seen. "If I saw a guy and a girl talking in a bar the last thing I would think is that they were childhood friend and childhood friend." Had to mute the voices too, ugh.
Well, nobody is forcing you to play it. If you don't like it there are hundreds of others to move onto.

alominus

Oct 8, 2019
Well, nobody is forcing you to play it. If you don't like it there are hundreds of others to move onto.
Why is it when anyone criticizes anything anywhere on this site there's always some white knight spewing out this generic response? Am I not allowed to play something and talk about what I didn't like about it? If I didn't absolutely love it I'm not allowed to point out what I think are its flaws?

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
Why is it when anyone criticizes anything anywhere on this site there's always some white knight spewing out this generic response? Am I not allowed to play something and talk about what I didn't like about it? If I didn't absolutely love it I'm not allowed to point out what I think are its flaws?
You can talk about what you perceive as negatives in a constructive manner, without being aggressively critical. If your comments are unnecessarily harsh then that can result in a response that you are not happy with.

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
It's pretty clear why there is no release of chapter 19 (while their new game continues to get free chapters out): $.

They started this game off the same way: ~ 1 month gaps between patreon and free release. Those gaps steadily got longer and longer. The obvious reason is that you can hook a lot of people in the story, and then when you get really late into the story and deny it to people for a long time, at least some of them will give you money when they would not have if they only had to wait one month for a free release. I'm sure they're going to do the exact same thing for the next game for the exact same reason.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
You can talk about what you perceive as negatives in a constructive manner, without being aggressively critical. If your comments are unnecessarily harsh then that can result in a response that you are not happy with.
How was he aggressively critical or harsh then? There are a lot of comments in this thread worse than his. In fact he didn't even say he didn't like the game. He said he didn't like the patreon work arounds and the voice acting, neither of which are reflective of the game play or the story. So, if he liked the game but thought the childhood work around for incest was silly, you're basically suggesting he not play the game based entirely on the latter.

I mean, maybe he thinks the story is trash too, but we don't know that from his initial comment.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
So did he ever finish this and release the combined chapters in one game, like he promised?

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
It's pretty clear why there is no release of chapter 19 (while their new game continues to get free chapters out): $.

They started this game off the same way: ~ 1 month gaps between patreon and free release. Those gaps steadily got longer and longer. The obvious reason is that you can hook a lot of people in the story, and then when you get really late into the story and deny it to people for a long time, at least some of them will give you money when they would not have if they only had to wait one month for a free release. I'm sure they're going to do the exact same thing for the next game for the exact same reason.
Or maybe they check the forums and see all the bitching and think FUCK THEM...Let them wait

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Or maybe they check the forums and see all the bitching and think FUCK THEM...Let them wait
I mean, it's been like 4 months since chapter 18 was released. It's not like the game was put on hold, it's finished with bunch of epilogues too

Reactions: Ed B
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes