3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Posting the full Patreon post as it has some more key information that was cut off on the post above:

!

dfds2.png
Part of the development team are currently primarily focused on Double Homework of course, but we are also doing other things, and do not always announce what we're working on. DFD Season 2 is one of those cases.

This month however, the $20 platinum patrons will get a visual scene from a scenario we have planned for DFD Season 2! This is a preview of what's to come, and it's definitely hot. Like, really, really hot. Definitely research material. Also, don't forget you get all $20 stuff we've ever done as well!

But we also have to be very clear on one point; we are at this time not promising or announcing that we are releasing DFD Season 2, since the last thing we want to do is say something we can't deliver to all of you legends that liked the first season. Have we planned the story? Yes. Do we know what we want to happen? Of course. Will it be hot? You know the answer to that one :) Do we want to make it? Obviously.

There will be a lot of posts this month, so stay tuned for more info of what's to come, which is a lot.

Last edited:

Module

Jul 19, 2017
Guys, if I played online versions with backups, there is no way to use these saves for offline versions?

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
But we also have to be very clear on one point; we are at this time not promising or announcing that we are releasing DFD Season 2, since the last thing we want to do is say something we can't deliver to all of you legends that liked the first season. Have we planned the story? Yes. Do we know what we want to happen? Of course. Will it be hot? You know the answer to that one :) Do we want to make it? Obviously.
You have it planned. You know what you want. It'll be hot. And you want to make it.

So why is it not promised or being announced? What's keeping you from delivering it?

You are an independent company, and answer to no one except patreons. You can literally make what you want and do what you please, unless you're suggesting that patreons don't want to see DFD S2, and from everything I've seen the patreons are a lot less critical of the game than we at this forum are (though that doesn't make them right, lots of terrible things get praise, and lots of great things get overlooked).

If I were a betting man though, I'd put money on them waiting to see how a Steam version of DFD does. Poor sales for the full game might just see them cut their losses and move on. Either that or they're waiting to co-release the two, so people who finish DFD will be more likely to jump straight to patreon to support the Season 2. That seems more risky though, since there's no guarantee someone who paid for the instant, full game, whether they enjoyed it or not, will pay monthly for the slow, chapter by chapter release.

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
Or perhaps it is just a mechanism to try and drive up subscribers, by hinting that it is not yet certain?

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
Damn it's up to $20 patrons only now!
$190 couldn't even buy animations. Wonder what $400 per patron for the next will be!

Reactions: RustyV

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
This month however, the $20 platinum patrons will get a visual scene from a scenario we have planned for DFD Season 2! This is a preview of what's to come, and it's definitely hot. Like, really, really hot. Definitely research material. Also, don't forget you get all $20 stuff we've ever done as well!
Let me guess part 2 main story - someday daughter will come to us and say that she'd decided to change her gender and going for a surgery today?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Would DfD Season 2 allow me to kick Amanda out of the house & just let me have my harem with Kathy, Heidi & Lily?
no, daddy and amanda have become father and mother of newborn baby.

shouldn't have cummed inside amanda so much.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So season 2 is planned.
The last chapter may not be released for free.
Eh.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeSte91

Argonath

May 19, 2017
hey guys sorry but i'm a little bit confused,i overlooked this game for a long time so i finally decided to give it a go last month and i liked it a lot so i played through all 18 chapters one after the other,so considering the last update was 4 months ago and the game hasn't ended yet since we're in the middle of a trial,when the fuck is it coming out? i need to know the end of this,i invested a lot of time in dfd and honestly got kinda attached to the characters as i usually do whenever i play quality VN's,so will there be a chapter 19? what is this season 2 you're talking about? when will it be released? i checked palmer's patreon and didn't see any specific dates so if anyone has an answer i'd be very grateful,thx.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes