4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

RedKing

The Sea Claims All in the End
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 6, 2016
DoE Logo.png

Overview:
In Daughter of Essence, you play as Mercy a young woman who just wants to be free. Free from obligation, free from the oppressive watchfulness of her family, and free from the harsh laws of the empire. As one of the only living daughters of essence, however, freedom is not so simple. The Oldlight empire and the Church both want her captured, and countless other factions want her strange gifts for their own gain.
To be truly free, you must be willing to sacrifice.
Thread Updated: 2021-12-27
Release Date: 2021-12-22
Developer: Indoor Minotaur
Censored: No
Version: 1.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Mac
(v0.116.3): - - - -
Other:
COMPRESSED

Thanks, BaasB for the link.
*This unofficial port/version/patch is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

DoE1.png DoE4.png DoE2.png DoE3.png NunScene.png

Last edited by a moderator:

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
saw some other pics on another site aswell. I think it has more potential than some of the other recent newcomer. But the art seems still kinda inconsistent, considering the main character. Its like its a complete different person sometimes. Maybe new and old art mixed. i dont know... ( ' - ')

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
saw some other pics on another site aswell. I think it has more potential than some of the other recent newcomer. But the art seems still kinda inconsistent, considering the main character. Its like its a complete different person sometimes. Maybe new and old art mixed. i dont know... ( ' - ')
From the Patreon - commissioned art, multiple artists...hopefully more consistency of character art in the future if things work out...

dragpz

May 29, 2017
Our belief is that a game can be good and titillating--that quality gameplay and eroticism aren't mutually-exclusive, and that the game itself should not merely be a vehicle for quick, meaningless flings for the player to mash through.
> RPG maker game

Jul 19, 2017
On an immediate impression, gameplay and story is interesting. Story follows along a character who stands wholly apart, though seems to vary from time to time, not sure exactly why, in any case this is far more interesting and indepth. The downside I'll immediately put forward is that its difficult, you have a character faced with low level encounters which are exceedingly difficult off the bat. And you have limited resources and money to start.

A challenge yes, but kind of annoying at they very start of the game. Also the minigames are not endearing in any way shape or form, they're ungodly fucking frustrating, especially for the fishing part. That took a good 30 minutes to get through and I kid you not, I wanted to bash my computer screen to pieces after the first five. If the developer wanted to make a challenge, then you have exceeded all expectations. If they wanted to piss people off, then they've got that in spades.

For future reference, for the love of all things, think about how complex and how difficult you want to make this for people who play this game, since there is no tutorial on the fishing minigame it just throws you at it with random levels of difficulty.
That's the same thing with combat, people who initially start the game are going to have a really bad time playing when they don't have fast reactions or have computers which don't register keystrokes immediately. That'll suck a lot worse for them.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I'd like to see , which is the current Pat release...soon, I hope...

Reactions: Gin Tama

Azderaz

Nov 4, 2017
They are up to the 0.8 release, anyone in on that 20 backers list and might want to share that?

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Current weekly release up to 0.15 - patch notes follow (wish we had a Patron)...

Version 0.15 - 1/8/2018

• Added Cove Progression
    • New Boss Fight with 3 different paths
    • Added a lot of new dialogue contextual with previous choices
  • Overhauled the cove upgrade system
    • Changed to a common event for ease of future integration
    • Added every upgrade tier
    • Included all upgrade costs
    • Factored all variable trackers into the common event for convenience
  • Added the new cove departure, and the beginning of a new chapter!
  • Changed Hobart’s coastal dialogue to autorun so you can’t miss him
  • Fixed a tile passability issue by the boathouse
  • Fixed Captain Bell’s auto-battle AI & adjusted Prince of the Deep stats to compensate
  • Fixed a layering issue with beds
  • Adjusted experience gained from giant beetle fight
  • Fixed the Cove Inn room doors so that they close properly upon exiting
  • Fixed dozens of typos and text runoffs
  • Changed Hobart’s name (from the castle plaza) to Jarvis to avoid confusion
  • Fixed a transfer issue to the renovated cavern
  • Fixed the “tuft of fur” item description
  • Fixed Orus’s “Shred” ability to attack the correct amount of targets and show the correct timed attack animation

Reactions: Gin Tama

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Current public release:

Current Patreon release

Version 0.20 - 2/12/2018

• Added brief dialogue for when Mercy first arrives in Witchdale
  • Added Witchdale Dormitory (basement, ground floor, 2nd floor)
  • Added Witchdale Bank
  • Added Witchdale Residential Caverns (Upper and Lower)
  • Added over a dozen new characters to Witchdale again!
  • Added Saul & a new combat encounter!
  • Added a new optional NSFW scene (F/F + weird)!
  • Added some narrative prerequisites & subsequent plot progress
  • Updated Carvannah Mine battle background
  • Updated Carvannah Aqueducts battle background
  • Fixed a few typos
  • Fixed a lighting issue when traveling from the Witchdale coast to the ship

znerun

Oct 23, 2017
I might have encountered some form of bug but this game consumes huge amount of resources in my computer particularly CPU & GPU. It is equivalent to playing DA:Inquisition at medium settings which I think is a bit much for RPGM game.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes