VN Ren'Py Abandoned Daughter of Hephaestus [v0.2] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MOISTNESS

Jun 13, 2018
just got stung by my fav of the dev being abandoned..turning my back now..
Yeah, they said they will abandon games that don't make money right away, kind of a catch-22; if you keep canceling because no one invests right away, people will wait to see if the game is popular before investing but no one invests because they assume it is going to be canceled...:cautious:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Used to watch Hercules and Xena, i'd so bury my face between Aphrodite's thighs.

Kind of a rotating door of games now though.

Players are looking for constancy before backing and the more games get abandoned the less likely people are to back. Abandon 1 or 2 games and you will struggle to bring in paying players but it's possible, abandon 3, 4 or even 5 games and you pretty much took a rocket launcher to your foot and blew the bitch off, getting anyone to part with money now is next to impossible.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Aubrey1901 - If I´m not in a wrong, this dev has cancelled like 3 or 4 games already. Will this one be the 5th?

Probably, last game was looking really promising. Supporters may reconsider supporting any future projects as the dev seems to keep pulling the plug.
Yeah, I liked that game, I actually pledged to her Patreon for that game, and was disappointed and bailed when she cancelled that to pursue an RPGM game. I haven't followed the patreon, but I guess the RPGM game didn't pan out either.

Flufflebutt11

Jun 21, 2017
This developer is one of the main reasons why I don't support games on patreon, was into 2 of the games that they abandoned and cancelled... I can hardly work up the motivation to shift through another unfinished product using the same assets that probably won't survive a year.

The games always show promise at least?

Big Smurf

May 8, 2018
I hope this time you gonna finish up the game and use better graphs and engine then your previous game 'Blooming Love'

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Jus have o wait i guess was nice for a first version but yeah i agree i only pay for games that stick around a bit

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
This developer is one of the main reasons why I don't support games on patreon, was into 2 of the games that they abandoned and cancelled... I can hardly work up the motivation to shift through another unfinished product using the same assets that probably won't survive a year.

The games always show promise at least?
I normally try to bite my tongue, at least as respect from one dev to another, but it's getting really tough to keep quite. I tried to not say much when one of their previous games was getting abandoned due to BS reasons. But hey, my mindset was to not be calling anyone out and just let them do whatever it is they want to do.

But your post here is exactly the reason why this shady behavior needs to be called out. There's no way to sugarcoat it when someone is abandoning a game every two months. They end up burning their Patrons who end up feeling that sting for a long time and end up not supporting anyone again. Cant even blame them for that either. Shady dev practices hurt the entire community in the long run.

Mods, I apologize if this comment is too off-topic and needs to be removed.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
If this dev never finishes projects why does F95 give him free publicity?

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I know Bright Sun has a troubled past, but for once Im going to be optimistic instead of my usual brand of pessimism

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
Well, I don't think she (if I understood her sex correctly) likes to abandon her games. She has to eat and pay rent and other stuff. And she is trying to find a strategy to earn some money doing something she likes to do. I can't blame her.
I mean, doing things for passion and all is nice, but at the end of the day, when your landlord comes asking you for a rent, if you've not the money to pay, you might end up being the RL protagonist of one of those VN with blackmail and money involved. And it doesn't sound so cool to me.
Moreover she is honest about this (I mean, she could just start a new patreon account with another nickname, at this point). About the game, gonna give this a try, since the only actual review says nice things about it.
Good luck to the dev, in any case.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
If you go on their Patreon page, they posted that Sexual Duty got flagged for takedown by Patreon, and they didn't know why, so they decided to abandon it and go with an older project instead. I don't like how many games Bright Sun has abandoned either, but this last one at least seems to be for a good reason, and they've said they'd like to keep updating sexual duty elsewhere. But it looks like the damage has been done and they've lost quite a few patrons.

Reactions: Debto
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote