VN Ren'Py Abandoned Daughter of Hephaestus [v0.2] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Most of the devs need to slowly vuild their community and most of the time it isn't even worth for them in terms of money.
That's it, you need to enjoy what you are doing. It might take a while to build up but the chances are you will only ever make a small amount of money.

I see too many "devs" try and make quick cash using H games and that might have worked a few years back before the H scene started getting more popular now it's a competition between an ever growing number of devs for a limited number of patrons.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
That's it, you need to enjoy what you are doing. It might take a while to build up but the chances are you will only ever make a small amount of money.

I see too many "devs" try and make quick cash using H games and that might have worked a few years back before the H scene started getting more popular now it's a competition between an ever growing number of devs for a limited number of patrons.
Exactly! There are a lot of different little things that might make a game good and/or popular. But even a really great game can be really unpopular. You can never know. But when you create a game for fun or for yourself in my opinion it is something else.
I mean I don't even want to think about the amount of money that I already spend on assets for Daz3D, but for me it is worth it, because it is a hobby for me.
Oh well, this example is just sad. I mean 4 or 5 games that all had great potential in my opinion.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Retro

Might as well slap a abandoned on this one as well as their patreon is gone thanks. Looks like all of the patreons for Bright Sun Studios are gone so if there are anymore of their games here that don't have a abandoned tag they can get one now except for the ones that were completed.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte
May 7, 2017
Welp, this was the only game in the Bright Sun Studios series that I actually invested some time. I really enjoyed it for what it was and it's originality (I've always enjoyed reading mythologies and seeing it weaved unto stories), sad to see it go so suddenly. I think this plus the last 2 previous titles were his/her best, it showed how much they've progressed as Devs. I am pretty sure if they had just stuck around for a bit more they would've had much more incoming support.

215303j

It is really a shame! Each of their games was really promissing. But when you are in for the money it can only backfire. Most of the devs need to slowly vuild their community and most of the time it isn't even worth for them in terms of money.
Not that I disagree with you, but not everybody can develop a game AND have a day job to pay the bills. It seems like Bright Sun had to choose and chose to develop games instead of working. But the bills still need to be paid in the end, so if you can't get it to work out, then better to pull the plug. Although I find it very unfortunate I do understand it. Maybe this can also be a kind of warning that it is not that easy to make good money in this business.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Not that I disagree with you, but not everybody can develop a game AND have a day job to pay the bills. It seems like Bright Sun had to choose and chose to develop games instead of working. But the bills still need to be paid in the end, so if you can't get it to work out, then better to pull the plug. Although I find it very unfortunate I do understand it. Maybe this can also be a kind of warning that it is not that easy to make good money in this business.
I know that myself. I have a fulltimejob. And just the rendering of 3D art alone takes the rest of my freetime. But that only means that you have to decide, if you want to make creating a game as a hobby or not.
And I know that you have to spend a lot of money when you want to do it legally.
The problem is, when you start making a patreon accounty you automatically add timely pressure to your work.

Reactions: botc76 and 215303j

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
uh remember playing a bit of the beginning. the start is very strange in my opinion, caus i thought its more greek and ancient/mythology. the later it makes more sense but the girl (daughter of H.) looks stunning and great (nice juggs hehe) but:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to long prologue and far too much text...

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
First off, a damn shame. This could have turned out Bright Sun's best game.

Secondly, yes, I agree that abandoning several projects is bad, but obviously he or she wasn't just in it for the money.
Otherwise there wouldn't be two finished games (even if one is pretty small), despite practically losing money for the assets.

I'm sad to see this and all other project scrapped, but I thank Bright Sun for the work they put in and the hours of enjoyment I got out of them.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
I'm a little sad that this one has been marked as abandoned. I had not tried it yet, but the whole Greek Mythology part of it really intrigued me and I was looking forward to trying it out after a couple more updates. No point in bothering with it now I guess.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I didn't get to play this before it was abandoned. Just to temper expectations, did the dev get up to any naughty bits before throwing in the towel, or is this just all setup and blue balls?

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I didn't get to play this before it was abandoned. Just to temper expectations, did the dev get up to any naughty bits before throwing in the towel, or is this just all setup and blue balls?
Judging from the tags this went nowhere.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I went back and checked the CG and this is as naughty as it gets:

1567241993119.png

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote