3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I lost the tutorial specifically to see if what you said in your review was true. It was not true. So since you just actually told me you rated it after playing the first update, that means you LIED. You had and emotional reaction to a game because it frustrated you, and you lied to give your opinion more weight.

I was not even talking about you in the post that started this (unless you are juggling accounts), yet you came to the defense of a very similar rating 4 mins after I posted it. If you hate this game so much, why are you watching it?
Thank you for completely ignoring the point that I made.

Did I come to someone's defense, or did I come to my own defense seeing as you made a review directly referencing my review before, and I assumed you were including me in that post?

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Brother, if you found you literally could not get passed that battle after a failure or two, I can not help you. Like I said, the game may not be for you. It does require just a sliver of common-sense.
No, like I said before, I did finish that fight, but only because I stuck with it long enough to figure out the poorly explained mechanics.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Ok, by "end of the game", I meant "you aren't going to be able to continue unless you win."

Can't win = Can't continue = Game Over

That's a pretty easy correlation to make.

Also, the claim that I just stated what someone else said in the comments is fucking stupid, I'm sorry. Is it more likely that I just copied that from what they said, or is it more likely that we experienced the same issue and came to the above correlation?

Evidence indeed.
Further, a thing which you must pass with retries before progressing is not "it ends your game". You know that, I think...because you can formulate sentences. I am sorry but your explanation holds less water than your initial review. What you just said is NOT what you said in review, and I think you know it.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Further, a thing which you must pass with retries before progressing is not "it ends your game". You know that, I think...because you can formulate sentences. I am sorry but your explanation holds less water than your initial review.
Okay, let me explain this.

You get into the fight, which you lose, because the game doesn't tell you how to play.

You click retry, do the fight again, and lose again because the game STILL hasn't told you how to play.

Sure, clicking retry 55 times means you're still "playing", but since I'd assume that most people aren't here for the riveting combat, I imagine that being forced to do a tutorial that they haven't been properly told how to win might make them quit the game because to them, they can't finish it. It's not playing if you're stuck doing the same thing over and over and getting nowhere, I would have thought that was obvious.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019

You get into the fight, which you lose, because the game doesn't tell you how to play.

You click retry, do the fight again, and lose again because the game STILL hasn't told you how to play.

Sure, clicking retry 55 times means you're still "playing", but since I'd assume that most people aren't here for the riveting combat, I imagine that being forced to do a tutorial that they haven't been properly told how to win might make them quit the game because to them, they can't finish it. It's not playing if you're stuck doing the same thing over and over and getting nowhere, I would have thought that was obvious.
I am not that clever, sir. I lost once. I won easily the second try. Are you really prepared to tell me that it took you 55 tries to figure out that battle-mechanic?

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I am not that clever, sir. I lost once. I won easily the second try. Are you really prepared to tell me that it took you 55 tries to figure out that battle-mechanic?
No, I was exaggerating to get you to fathom that some people might not be willing to try a poorly explained combat sequence more than a few times.

My whole intention of adding that to the review was to tell I.Faustus that there needs to be a more concise tutorial that explains the functions of combat.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019

A ton of games manifest a "must lose" battle at the start of their narrative, to demonstrate how the mechanic of reviving works, ect. To say that "this impossible battle ends your game when you lose", is miles away from the reality you just expressed. As we discussed a month ago, I have no issue with your assertion that the explanations were lacking, but what you said was far more overt than that. You said "it ends your game" and no matter how much you excuse that, it does not end anyone's game. If someone ends their own game, at the tutorial, then that is their choice. You know that is not at all what you said.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
No, I was exaggerating to get you to fathom that some people might not be willing to try a poorly explained combat sequence more than a few times.

My whole intention of adding that to the review was to tell I.Faustus that there needs to be a more concise tutorial that explains the functions of combat.
MY whole intention in the post that started this particular conversation, was to tell people that reviews are not for the Dev. They are for people who may or may not consider trying a game to form their own opinion. If you take liberties with your scathing review, and act like you are doing it as objective criticism for the benefit of the Dev, I disagree with your perspective. You can post in the tread all day long, to communicate with the Dev, but you posted to communicate with everyone that looks at "weighted ratings" of games...which is most people, I imagine.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
A ton of games manifest a "must lose" battle at the start of their narrative, to demonstrate how the mechanic of reviving works, ect. To say that "this impossible battle ends your game when you lose", is miles away from the reality you just expressed. As we discussed a month ago, I have no issue with your assertion that the explanations were lacking, but what you said was far more overt than that. You said "it ends your game" and no matter how much you excuse that, it does not end anyone's game. If someone ends their own game, at the tutorial, then that is their choice. You know that is not at all what you said.
Again, an infinite loop that keeps the game from progressing due to poorly explained is essentially the end of the game.

Could I have worded it better, sure.

Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Also, when the dev is on the site, which I knew that he was, my reviews are absolutely more directed at them than the player. That's how I do things. If that is distasteful to you, I really couldn't care less, since it's in no way against the sites rules.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Again, an infinite loop that keeps the game from progressing due to poorly explained is essentially the end of the game.

Could I have worded it better, sure.

Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Also, when the dev is on the site, which I knew that he was, my reviews are absolutely more directed at them than the player. That's how I do things. If that is distasteful to you, I really couldn't care less, since it's in no way against the sites rules.
You keep calling it "infinite" and using rhetorical examples like "55 times" which you then will excuse as "an exaggeration" when it suits you. Own your hyperbolic rhetoric, if you want to keep using it. Please stop using then then acting like it is understood to be hyperbole by people who have no experience with the game. They do not know you are being hyperbolic when you say "you play for 20 mins, then if you lose it ends your game". You know this, or you are not old enough to be on this site - so why are you doing it?

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
You keep calling it "infinite" and using rhetorical examples like "55 times" which you then will excuse as "an exaggeration" when it suits you. Own your hyperbolic rhetoric, if you want to keep using it. Please stop using then then acting like it is understood to be hyperbole by people who have no experience with the game. They do not know you are being hyperbolic when you say "you play for 20 mins, then if you lose it ends your game". You know this, or you are not old enough to be on this site - so why are you doing it?
Get over it, it's not even there anymore. You're trying to argue over a review that no longer exists.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Is it too much to ask for you to say the truth in your review? Say "THE TUTORIAL WAS ANNOYING AS HELL. I HAD TO REPEAT IT 3 TIMES, AND IT MADE ME MAD." I will have no objection to that. What you said, was a lie, and it only serves to justify your original 2-star rating. If you honestly believed the game was so sub-par that it deserved a 2-star, you would not need to twist facts to suit your narrative.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Get over it, it's not even there anymore. You're trying to argue over a review that no longer exists.
Absolute genius. Lie, then remove the lies, and tell anyone who noticed your lies to just "get over it", because there is no longer prof you said it. Earlier I just thought you were ruled by your emotional response, but now I think you are actually full of shit.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Is it too much to ask for you to say the truth in your review? Say "THE TUTORIAL WAS ANNOYING AS HELL. I HAD TO REPEAT IT 3 TIMES, AND IT MADE ME MAD." I will have no objection to that. What you said, was a lie, and it only serves to justify your original 2-star rating. If you honestly believed the game was so sub-par that it deserved a 2-star, you would not need to twist facts to suit your narrative.
The tutorial didn't make me mad, the lack of an explanation confused me, at best. You're doing your best to point out a needle in a sea of knives, and it looks pathetic.

I don't have to justify my review to you, only to the mods, and if you report my review, hell, if you had reported my FIRST review, it wouldn't have gotten removed, because it is, and was, well within the rules.

Have a good day.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
The tutorial didn't make me mad, the lack of an explanation confused me, at best. You're doing your best to point out a needle in a sea of knives, and it looks pathetic.

I don't have to justify my review to you, only to the mods, and if you report my review, hell, if you had reported my FIRST review, it wouldn't have gotten removed, because it is, and was, well within the rules.

Have a good day.
"I am not an ass-hole, because I will not be punished for my behavior." Yup, that is a solid argument, sir. I wish you a good day as well. Please be truthful in future reviews.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
"I am not an ass-hole, because I will not be punished for my behavior." Yup, that is a solid argument, sir. I wish you a good day as well. Please be truthful in future reviews.
Have fun nitpicking issues that don't exist.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Sir, all you had to do , was not lie (or exaggerate). I can not actually argue against your opinion. If you had just rated the game whatever, and said the truth to justify it, I would not be able to say anything. The only thing I spoke about was your objectively false statements. I do not wish to perpetuate conflict. I will simply implore you as I did in the original post that started this dialogue, to please consider refraining from letting emotion drive your ratings. That is all, man. Just try your best to be calm, rational, and contextual, about your ratings. If you do that, I will gladly consider your opinion on any game you take the time to rate. Cheers.

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
Just take a step back and look at what the fuck you are doing right now, both of you. Is it really necessary? If you guys wanna argue over something you can go to more relevant forums, seems to me both of you just looking for a fight.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Just take a step back and look at what the fuck you are doing right now, both of you. Is it really necessary? If you guys wanna argue over something you can go to more relevant forums, seems to me both of you just looking for a fight.
You showed up after a discussion and broke up the argument that had already ended. Was that really necessary?

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes