3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Yes, the male protagonist will be reimplemented once I'll get to write some story suited for a male character.
But thanks for the feedback. I'll add this as option to the poll, which will be conducted once the fix for the current version is released.
The poll will function as guide for me to know, on which subjects I'm going to focus for the next few releases.
Greetings
Faustus

Reactions: ejmuerte

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Updated the thread with a new version of the game! Changelog is inside the first post! Of course, I also updated the links.

Have fun! I'd like to hear your feedback!
For more info:

Last edited:

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Review updated. The changes aren't enough to make me love the game, but at least the combat changes are somewhat workable. The main character needs to have more than 1 base hp, full stop. I shouldn't have to dump the entirety of my starting points into health to survive on harder difficulties.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Any chance we could get a linux or webgl build? Both 32- and 64-bit windows builds just have a big empty light gray screen under wine.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
has the card game changed? I recall not being able to pass it for it was way too difficult
I think? The little minigame to keep your shields is different, but it's really touchy. There's also a difficulty slider, though I can't tell you how much each level of difficulty affects the gameplay. I didn't lose on any fight I didn't want to lose on.

Reactions: zoneitorboneit

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Hey there!
Like I wrote earlier, there is now an to vote on options for the short- to mid-term development. (Futa trait, male protagonist, more races etc)

There's also a difficulty slider, though I can't tell you how much each level of difficulty affects the gameplay. I didn't lose on any fight I didn't want to lose on.
The difficulty slider affects both the hp and atk of your enemies after the tutorial.
Turn it all the way down (0) -> Every minion just has 1/1.
Position 1 is the default.
Position 2 and 3 add HP and ATK to the minions and HP to the boss.

Ridaugo

Aug 22, 2017
What can I say about this developer delight I don't know, but I already admire it. (32 bit Y.Y I'm poor)

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I like the changes. Especially the removal of needing to enter long-form commands into the console at the beginning (which was the only part of the game that actually frustrated me). Keep it up.

I would like to implore people to consider not writing rants on a game that took longer to write than was obviously invested in playing the game. If you say "yea I quit during the tutorial", then every other word you say arbitrary and groundless. If a game frustrates you, it is entirely reasonable to decide you do not wish to continue, but to vent your lack of patience in the form of a scathing and entirely emotional review, is simply petulant.

If you can not be bothered to actually test a game fully, then do not be bothered to share your opinion in the form of a rating which will impact a game's exposure in a very real way. Single opinions do not matter much, in general, but they matter not one iota when they come from a someone who admits they do not even have experience on which to base said opinion.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I like the changes. Especially the removal of needing to enter long-form commands into the console at the beginning (which was the only part of the game that actually frustrated me). Keep it up.

I would like to implore people to consider not writing rants on a game that took longer to write than was obviously invested in playing the game. If you say "yea I quit during the tutorial", then every other word you say arbitrary and groundless. If a game frustrates you, it is entirely reasonable to decide you do not wish to continue, but to vent your lack of patience in the form of a scathing and entirely emotional review, is simply petulant.

If you can not be bothered to actually test a game fully, then do not be bothered to share your opinion in the form of a rating which will impact a game's exposure in a very real way. Single opinions do not matter much, in general, but they matter not one iota when they come from a someone who admits they do not even have experience on which to base said opinion.
People were quitting during the tutorial because the gameplay was poorly explained, and a main system of the combat was useless. That is 100% a reason to say something about it. People shouldn't have to play the tutorial multiple times to figure out how a function works, it should be clearly explained before put to use, especially if the player's ability to progress will lean on it heavily.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
People were quitting during the tutorial because the gameplay was poorly explained, and a main system of the combat was useless. That is 100% a reason to say something about it. People shouldn't have to play the tutorial multiple times to figure out how a function works, it should be clearly explained before put to use, especially if the player's ability to progress will lean on it heavily.
Not all games are for all people. Some people like FPS, not tactical games or narrative-heavy RPGs. This is even more clear in the world of "sex-games". If you quit after 5 mins of a game, then that game is not meant for you in the first place, which is totally fine. I love cheeses, but there are cheeses that I find repugnant. It does not mean I need to tell everyone how awful a cheese is because I "smelled" it, and determined I did not want it in my mouth.

I do not disagree entirely with you argument, but what are arguing is not far from "I rage quit because a camper sniped me while I was lagged out, and that is the game's fault. So now I am going to write a letter and tell everyone this game is crap, because my wifi connection sucks." Would you argue it is fair to rate Final Fantasy X, if someone has not reached Besaid Village yet?

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I will also point out that whether or not you played the version of the game that was out when you rated it originally, you did make statements that were objectively false about the current version, because you posted that rating after the previous update. So either you just read comments from the older version, and decided to rate a game based on that w/o even playing it, or you played an out-dated version you had downloaded prior, and was now obsolete. I have not way of knowing for sure which is the reality of the situation, but I know for sure you said things that were objectively false at the time you said them. I do not mean to be disrespectful, of course, but I find it difficult to assume you are really trying to be entirely objective.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I will also point out that whether or not you played the version of the game that was out when you rated it originally, you did make statements that were objectively false about the current version, because you posted that rating after the previous update. So either you just read comments from the older version, and decided to rate a game based on that w/o even playing it, or you played an out-dated version you had downloaded prior, and was now obsolete. I have not way of knowing for sure which is the reality of the situation, but I know for sure you said things that were objectively false at the time you said them. I do not mean to be disrespectful, of course, but I find it difficult to assume you are really trying to be entirely objective.
Oh, really? What statement did I make that was objectively false? Since, iirc, I made 2 statements, one about the game being poorly optimized and having some framerate issues, and the other being about the shield system not functioning properly, which it wasn't. FYI, when I made my initial review, I was using the version that had just been uploaded to the site. The current review is for the version that was released yesterday, after the dev messaged me and asked me to test it and give my opinion.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
You said blatantly that one of your main issues with the game was that the tutorial battle was too confusing (you are not wrong), and that losing it meant it ended your game.

That was nearly a direct quote from the 3rd comment in the tread, which was based on the first release. You said it hours after the first update, and losing the tutorial simply asked if you would like to repeat the battle. Objectively false. That is the only instance I can recall, given that you changed your review since then, but that is all the evidence needed, in my estimation.

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
You said blatantly that one of your main issues with the game was that the tutorial battle was too confusing (you are not wrong), and that losing it meant it ended your game.

That was nearly a direct quote from the 3rd comment in the tread, which was based on the first release. You said it hours after the first update, and losing the tutorial simply asked if you would like to repeat the battle. Objectively false. That is the only instance I can recall, given that you changed your review since then, but that is all the evidence needed, in my estimation.
Ok, by "end of the game", I meant "you aren't going to be able to continue unless you win."

Can't win = Can't continue = Game Over

That's a pretty easy correlation to make.

Also, the claim that I just stated what someone else said in the comments is fucking stupid, I'm sorry. Is it more likely that I just copied that from what they said, or is it more likely that we experienced the same issue and came to the above correlation?

Evidence indeed.

Reactions: Jove76

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I lost the tutorial specifically to see if what you said in your review was true. It was not true. So since you just actually told me you rated it after playing the first update, that means you LIED. You had and emotional reaction to a game because it frustrated you, and you lied to give your opinion more weight.

I was not even talking about you in the post that started this (unless you are juggling accounts), yet you came to the defense of a very similar rating 4 mins after I posted it. If you hate this game so much, why are you watching it?

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Ok, by "end of the game", I meant "you aren't going to be able to continue unless you win."

Can't win = Can't continue = Game Over

That's a pretty easy correlation to make.

Also, the claim that I just stated what someone else said in the comments is fucking stupid, I'm sorry. Is it more likely that I just copied that from what they said, or is it more likely that we experienced the same issue and came to the above correlation?

Evidence indeed.
Brother, if you found you literally could not get passed that battle after a failure or two, I can not help you. Like I said, the game may not be for you. It does require just a sliver of common-sense.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes