Mr. Scribbly

Feb 7, 2022
It's kinda fixed and kinda not. There is no visible error now but on older saves choker is stuck in inventory forever.
I looked into it and found out that there's a problem in the inventory system (in ui_screen_inventory.rpy).
inventory.items.remove(item) wouldn't work after saving and loading.
So I googled a bit and found this:

Then I tried to add __eq__ to InventoryItem and it worked! Item was removed from the inventory without errors even after saving and reloading.
Code:
    class InventoryItem():
        def __init__(self, name, description):
            self.name = name
            self.description = description
        def __eq__(self, other):
            return self.name == other.name
Oh neat! Yeah, I honestly just brute-forced the bugfix by completely cutting both getting and losing the choker (it was 4AM for me and I wanted the make sure the game *worked* overnight more than anything else). I'll implement that for the next proper update, since it's not critical enough to push an update for. Appreciate the help!

Reactions: ProfLiquidDick

Mr. Scribbly

Feb 7, 2022
I haven't played far, but one thing that really confused me right right at the start - two lines from the intro, before the story actually happens:

- "Before we begin we should discuss something very important:"
- "Red."

Is it supposed to be like that? Cuz maybe I'm just tired or something, but that is very confusing to me... like something else was supposed to be said... in fact that's where I expected the usual "Are you 18+ where you live?" standard question to happen... instead I just get "Red." :confused::unsure:
Intentional. Story reasons.

Reactions: Shadowen

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Turns out that's bugged if you do something out of order. Patch coming out for it later today!
I found 2 bugs

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 123, in execute_play_music
    renpy.music.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
    return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
  File "game/scripts/quest scripts/ch1_dates/eis_dates.rpy", line 11, in <module>
NameError: name 'mus' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/quest scripts/ch1_dates/eis_dates.rpyc", line 11, in script
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Daybreak Nightbreak 9.5.1
Fri Aug 16 00:50:25 2024
This occurs when MC takes Eisheth on a date to the café

And the second bug is
Screenshot_2024-08-16-02-31-08-054_com.whatsapp.png
This dialogue appears when MC has only captivated Eisheth. MC acts like he also captivated Azalia and Jasmine which he didn't at this point of time.

Also, is incest really there? Jasmine isn't blood related.

Moko001

Jan 4, 2024
Biggest thing that needs to be worked on, aside from any game breaking bugs, is the traveling. Just let me click map, lightworld/darkworld, and then the location. Having to click travel, click kitchen, click to speed up so I can click travel again, click store front, click to speed up again to click travel, click world map, click church, click travel to dark world, click travel, click map, click click click click.

Mr. Scribbly

Feb 7, 2022
Biggest thing that needs to be worked on, aside from any game breaking bugs, is the traveling. Just let me click map, lightworld/darkworld, and then the location. Having to click travel, click kitchen, click to speed up so I can click travel again, click store front, click to speed up again to click travel, click world map, click church, click travel to dark world, click travel, click map, click click click click.
Currently working on some changes to travel, but version 9.5.1 (hasn't been posted here by the OP, but is on my Patreon, Discord, etc) does have a straight to World Map option from the bedroom and the kitchen. More changes on that front to come.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
I must say, i am really enjoying the game. It has interesting story, nice design, animations and girls. Hours of content for the first release. Fist time i started to play, i had to force myself to go to sleep at 6:30AM, because i had to get up at 10AM and prepare to get to work :D

Reactions: Mr. Scribbly

Mr. Scribbly

Feb 7, 2022
I found 2 bugs

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/quest scripts/ch1_dates/eis_dates.rpyc", line 11, in script
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\games renpy\Daybreak Nightbreak\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Daybreak Nightbreak 9.5.1
Fri Aug 16 00:50:25 2024
This occurs when MC takes Eisheth on a date to the café

And the second bug is
View attachment 3935454
This dialogue appears when MC has only captivated Eisheth. MC acts like he also captivated Azalia and Jasmine which he didn't at this point of time.

Also, is incest really there? Jasmine isn't blood related.
Fixed the two bugs, thanks for the heads up. There's a patch on my Patreon/Discord that should solve both of these issues.

Also, no, there isn't really incest. I didn't make the thread, so I didn't decide the tags!

Reactions: Harem4life

Mr. Scribbly

Feb 7, 2022
I must say, i am really enjoying the game. It has interesting story, nice design, animations and girls. Hours of content for the first release. Fist time i started to play, i had to force myself to go to sleep at 6:30AM, because i had to get up at 10AM and prepare to get to work :D
Nice to hear, thank you!

blatantalias69

Jun 6, 2019
Joyous day. I love smacking the ignore button on this kind of content-mill garbage without looking at it.
That's a really shit thing to say, if you don't like it just move on. Besides, the dev already said they've been working on it for 2 years, doesn't seem like content mill garbage to me.

Is mind control avoidable?
Very much no. The MC has a special lust power that slowly corrupts the girls hes around until they devote themselves to him.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Very much no. The MC has a special lust power that slowly corrupts the girls hes around until they devote themselves to him.
Actually, it's not the kind of aggressive mind control I like to avoid (where the MC or whoever controls the LIs, usually to have sex against their will, and then they often have no memory of what happened).

The kind of mind control you've described is pretty much indifferent to me as long as the game is more romance-focused.

Moko001

Jan 4, 2024
I would say its more on the forced mind control side, just down plays it. Childhood friend makes sense, she could have feelings and the crest just brings it forward. The aunt that isnt really your aunt though? No her feelings are for your father that where just being slightly projected on to you. The crest studier? No she is already in a relationship and even after you control her its very clear she wanted to keep that relationship. The rule is "they have to want it to be fully controlled" but the crest seems to put them in a state of lust until they eventually are forced to want it.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I would say its more on the forced mind control side, just down plays it. Childhood friend makes sense, she could have feelings and the crest just brings it forward. The aunt that isnt really your aunt though? No her feelings are for your father that where just being slightly projected on to you. The crest studier? No she is already in a relationship and even after you control her its very clear she wanted to keep that relationship. The rule is "they have to want it to be fully controlled" but the crest seems to put them in a state of lust until they eventually are forced to want it.
The way you've described it, the romance seems basically non-existent, so I'm not likely to be interested in the game.

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Whatever man. It's way better than those mind control games where MC sees a girl and fucks her just like that.

Lustful sin is the best example. MC just have to think about fucking someone and he will fuck that girl. He never have to work for it, never progresses in a relationship and the worst of all is girls don't even remember anything.

The way you've described it, the romance seems basically non-existent, so I'm not likely to be interested in the game.
I think you should play it yourself for a bit and form your own opinion.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Whatever man. It's way better than those mind control games where MC sees a girl and fucks her just like that.

Lustful sin is the best example. MC just have to think about fucking someone and he will fuck that girl. He never have to work for it, never progresses in a relationship and the worst of all is girls don't even remember anything.
But you can also avoid doing it... which is why I play the game, to avoid using mind control to get quick sex.

I think you should play it yourself for a bit and form your own opinion.
Either the game is about getting into romantic relationships with LIs, or I'm just not interested.

Moko001

Jan 4, 2024
I've only done the 3 girls so far. The childhood friend I would say is likely genuine romance but as I said the other two are not and future girls are also likely not. You are forced to mind control and fuck them to advance the story so there is no choice.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote