3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
On the VCards, I have my eye on a couple of 1080ti, but they are still way pricey here > 1.2K $. Aware of all the tech involved in using them; checked GPUz and the 1050ti is idle CPU 95-98. Also on agenda is another render machine better CPU, more mem and same dual 1080ti. Hopefully GTX will come down in price sometime this summer. already have dropped ~500$. I will drop in an old card and set the monitors to use it. Should free up a bit more on the 1050.

Did the scene optimization. Anything not needed for the image has been deleted and I always restart DAZ for larger renders. Textures have all been reduced to the max using scene optimizer. The image is still too large for the card (4gb). Wish I'd bought a 1080ti last fall when they were 800$.

I think I may need to re-assess the scene... sigh plot and script re-write... vs long renders till I have some spare $ for the good cards.
You can blame fucking bitcoin for gfx card prices.

GustavVonSlayer

Nov 8, 2017
Need advice from experts:

I am yet another budding developer and I am looking for some advice on Daz renders. Most of my work so far has been going great with quick renders < 3 hrs. I have a series I am working on this week that are taking > 12 hrs to get to an acceptable level of clarity. The scenes are indoor with some dome coming in through large windows. The scenes are also fairly complex with reflective surfaces a large number of lights, and two figures. I have fiddled with lighting, taken off the roof, put in an overhead emissive plane and am at wits end as to what to do next.

Main Rig: 920 intel, 24 GB ram, 1050ti.
2nd Rig: 8700 intel, 16 GB ram, intel MB graphics.

The scenes are very large and dump to CPU when rendering. I have run the scene optimizer tool, converted all to iray, removed or turned off most non visible surfaces. Ready through the atrocious Daz docco and lurked on the almost as useless Daz forums (learn to explain things people).

Any advice gladly accepted.

Example:

View attachment 108578
You'll need to upgrade your GPU to a 1060 6Gb at minimum or use the scene optimizer plug-in to be able to render large scenes, as textures consume your vram without any effort.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Will do that on the archi sampler.

I'm finding the time function of perfection increases asymptotically; but can be damped slightly using cash ;)

Yah bitcoin. what a POX IMO. Gov't will never let it happen. Will kill their control over things. They will start blocking the clearing of it until they get their own approved exchanges working.

Like the concepts of blockchains... lots of useful things in there.

Found a way yet to completely block the weasles from hijacking cpu and gpu in browser... short of killing the browser or JS in browser?

I may tighten the shot down, but I don't want a closeup. There are eight shots in this scene, so it may be worth a re-think. Will sleep on it.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
I do batch renders while at work and overnights; especially for billboards... That gives me an idea.

The 1060 is about 1/2 the price as a 1070ti. The 1070ti is 700$, 1060 about 450$ 1070ti has 8GB and 3x the cores. hmmm can I convince the finance committee...

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
... If it's crucial to the story or your scene, keep it. I see a sexy lady on a couch and a whole bunch of her house I don't want to see.
>> Another pro-tip from carnalcardinal. I'd also rework the storyboards / script to take into consideration the power of your rendering machine.

Rendering, I tend to stick to a 16:9 aspect ratio and render out at 10,000x5625, then scale down to 1920x1080, min samples 5, max samples 1500, rendering quality off, fire flies filter off. A complex render will take an hour or two, though I usually stop it way before then, knowing that the down-scaling will hide a lot of the noise. But, most of my renders are quite grainy, which I like (plus, I've written a lot of plugins for GIMP, a few of which hide some of that noise via blurring). Though, saying all that, my rig is an i7 6800K, x2 GTX1080ti, lots of mem, ssds, etc, so I could be abusing the hell of these settings and the rig is compensating for it.

Some tip I discovered recently about x2 GPUs is: switch off the SLI bridge (assuming NVidia): that halved my render times.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
I am leaning more and more to a rewrite/rethink on scene. Later stuff once I get a better GPU set then I can get fancier.

Your current box is my target. IRay does not use SLI. IIRC you need to disable it for multiple cards. I was thinking about setting up a bitcoinish style rig with 4+ 1080ti. Would need something with lots of PCI lanes to accomplish that and it gets pricey at the current GTX exchange rate.

I have no problems with the post work. as long as it doesn't dominate the render work.

Why are new hobbies so expensive...

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I do postwork in Gimp. No need to bog down computer with Daz

T-Daw

Nov 10, 2017
...what happened to his shadow?
This is just me experimenting with rendering figures and environments at different times to cut render time. It does throw it off a bit with him having no shadow against the floor I would agree.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Try the asset release forums. I can't post links on mobile. It's called leg controller and another is hip controller. The artist is Zev0

Reactions: 3DC
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes