3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GustavVonSlayer

Nov 8, 2017
I am leaning more and more to a rewrite/rethink on scene. Later stuff once I get a better GPU set then I can get fancier.

Your current box is my target. IRay does not use SLI. IIRC you need to disable it for multiple cards. I was thinking about setting up a bitcoinish style rig with 4+ 1080ti. Would need something with lots of PCI lanes to accomplish that and it gets pricey at the current GTX exchange rate.

I have no problems with the post work. as long as it doesn't dominate the render work.

Why are new hobbies so expensive...
Rendering in Iray with Daz is SLI compatible, but SLI doesn't stack (combine) the installed cards vram. It does however stack the installed cards core count (as per Daz support). Which means if you have 2 or more 4Gb cards with 700 cores each, you'll still be stuck at 4Gb of vram but your core count will be 700 x number of cards in the SLI setup.

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
was released today (have been waiting for her for ages), and did a render that was kinda what I wanted except that extremely smokey background I spent time putting together, vanished on the render, despite being perfect and smokey on the realtime preview (need to look in that particular WTF moment), but, I digress:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Playing around with Terradome3 to create a full environment. Attached a 4k jpg (1.4MB) as well, should you wish to closer examine the details.
Yacht_01s.jpg

Another image with boat wake added and from a slightly different camera location. Yacht_02.jpg

Late addition, close-up of a couple of the characters.
Yacht_02b.jpg

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Meet Jen Yeung. She's a fierce gal, well not really, she's actually a sweetheart. Recently divorced and ready to go on the prowl.

The same image, rendered twice. The first time, I set everything up and hit render and boy it was taking a long time. Got to about 15% or so in about 20 minutes. Not sure what all is causing the slow down in the image.

Decided to keep that render but hid everything in the scene except the character and re-rendered. Got to about 75% after 10 minutes. Then I combined the layers in Photoshop and did a bit of postwork to give it more of a night feel.

Images were rendered at 4k and reduced to 1080p. Still not sure what is causing the massive time sink. I thought maybe the lanterns but I deleted them and it didn't really change much. Usually outdoor scenes go pretty quick. Oh well.

Now that I look at the second image she's probably a tad too bright/not enough of a blueish tint. But hey, benefits of having her as her own layer. Fixing it is a matter of popping into Photoshop and adjusting a bit.

Fierce Jen Grain.png Fierce Jen Less.png

La_Pucelle

Pending Deletion
Jun 6, 2018
was going to take too long.. so ended it early.. View attachment 108748
That looks like the Daz Campus Library. I made one render with that package and hated it. None of the book stacks could be deleted or made invis on their own, same with the walls. I just wanted a render of 2 characters between 2 stacks of books, but instead I had to render the whole dumb library.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Images were rendered at 4k and reduced to 1080p. Still not sure what is causing the massive time sink. I thought maybe the lanterns but I deleted them and it didn't really change much. Usually outdoor scenes go pretty quick. Oh well.
I typically find it is highly dependent upon the number of light sources. In your image above I can still note multiple shadows. For my recent renders I have been using HDRI's as the light source. They should also work indoors by making them non-visible. Haven't had the chance to fire up "Studio Light PRO Iray HDRI - Soft Light", but plan to soon.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That looks like the Daz Campus Library. I made one render with that package and hated it. None of the book stacks could be deleted or made invis on their own, same with the walls. I just wanted a render of 2 characters between 2 stacks of books, but instead I had to render the whole dumb library.
There is a 'Geometry Editor' in the Tools section. You can seperate single items for the scene or make any part of the scene invisible.

Trying to make a nice cameltoe, almost got it.
Sofia 2-17.png

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
Yea, was able to delete some of the stuff but not all of it, reason I had to stop the render early.

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
I seriously need to add 'delete un-needed / out of shot objects' to my pre-render checklist; I tend to just set up a shot, environment, lights, etc, and press render, and wait. Working smarter, not harder (thanks Apple) could save my rig some effort and me some time :)

Reactions: MovieMike
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes