3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Is she ever-so-slightly out of focus (could be soft-focus?)? Regardless, congrats on an amazing render!
I really don't understand Daz's DoF. I put her inside the DoF box but she still got blurred anyway :frown:
dof.JPG

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I really don't understand Daz's DoF. I put her inside the DoF box but she still got blurred anyway :frown:
View attachment 108543
Pretty sure she is in focus. Look at the details on her fingers, the pattern on the shirt, and strands of hair. I think any perceived fuzziness is from what looks like two colors of light (?) and the lack of contrast in the background. Good render btw.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Need advice from experts:

I am yet another budding developer and I am looking for some advice on Daz renders. Most of my work so far has been going great with quick renders < 3 hrs. I have a series I am working on this week that are taking > 12 hrs to get to an acceptable level of clarity. The scenes are indoor with some dome coming in through large windows. The scenes are also fairly complex with reflective surfaces a large number of lights, and two figures. I have fiddled with lighting, taken off the roof, put in an overhead emissive plane and am at wits end as to what to do next.

Main Rig: 920 intel, 24 GB ram, 1050ti.
2nd Rig: 8700 intel, 16 GB ram, intel MB graphics.

The scenes are very large and dump to CPU when rendering. I have run the scene optimizer tool, converted all to iray, removed or turned off most non visible surfaces. Ready through the atrocious Daz docco and lurked on the almost as useless Daz forums (learn to explain things people).

Any advice gladly accepted.

Example:

Image 1.jpg

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The reflection is nice but unneeded. It eats up your render time. You don't need to render the whole house, just the scene you need. Can't post my stuff here on mobile, but I never let a render go past 20 minutes

Reactions: Jai Ho

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
It's the little green line in the DOF box: make sure that is moreorless perfectly aligned vertically with her eyes; as long as this is good, the F number will only affect everything else outside this plane.

I'm rendering out 'proof' of this (always suspected it), and will update the post once they out (the renders are 6180x10000, so they're taking around ten mins to complete).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017

The scenes are very large...

Example:

View attachment 108578
It might help people with ideas if you tell what 'very large' is? What's the pixel size (Width x Height)? What is the Aspect ratio? More info the better is what I have found when asking for help.

I really like the angle and I like the placement on the lamp alot.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017

I am yet another budding developer and I am looking for some advice on Daz renders. Most of my work so far has been going great with quick renders < 3 hrs. I have a series I am working on this week that are taking > 12 hrs to get to an acceptable level of clarity. The scenes are indoor with some dome coming in through large windows. The scenes are also fairly complex with reflective surfaces a large number of lights, and two figures. I have fiddled with lighting, taken off the roof, put in an overhead emissive plane and am at wits end as to what to do next.

Main Rig: 920 intel, 24 GB ram, 1050ti.
2nd Rig: 8700 intel, 16 GB ram, intel MB graphics.

The scenes are very large and dump to CPU when rendering. I have run the scene optimizer tool, converted all to iray, removed or turned off most non visible surfaces. Ready through the atrocious Daz docco and lurked on the almost as useless Daz forums (learn to explain things people).

Example:

View attachment 108578
First thing first, good job with the render ;-)
Now to your problem. 1050ti has 4GB ram or so... Am I right? Or maybe 6GB? That's just not enough to render very complex scenes with many objects. The problem is at the very start of the rendering everything is loaded to the graphic card dedicated ram and when it is exceeded it automatically switches to CPU instead of your graphic card, thus the >12 hours render times (CPU is lot slower at computing ray tracing). Your best option is to buy a new graphic card with more ram, or optimize the shit out of it. Start using DoF, reduce the size of textures that are out of focus to absolute minimum with that scene optimizer tool and delete any object from the scene that isn't visible, don't just turn them invisible, they still eat some of the memory. Also sometimes it helps to close the Daz3d with task manager to completely remove it from the memory.
BTW, this is all based on my own observations and I might be wrong on some points.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
@Antiochus I can't help you reduce the time of complex scenes like the one shown. Maybe someone else has some hot tips. Figured I'd throw out a small tip which you probably already know. If you want to do two scenes with the same exact pov, you can save some time on the second shot by not rendering items that haven't changed from shot to shot. So let's say you have a follow up shot where she wakes up and turns over with the camera at the same angle. You only need lights that hit the subject, items casting shadows on or near the subject, and in your case reflective surfaces. So in a follow up shot, you could probably make everything in the red area invisible (or delete them). If the windows weren't reflective the way they are, you could get by with only the floor, the objects in the immediate area, and whatever lights you need. Then you take both shots into an editor (GIMP, etc.) and layer the second one over the first. Then delete from the top layer where you need items from the first shot.

This is a lot more work for you in both Daz and post processing, so it's your call if it's worth saving a bit of render time.

savings.png

Reactions: Deleted member 8085

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
16:9 3840x2160 reduced to 1920x1080 in PS. Tried despeckel and sharpen in PS but it starts to blur too much (maybe overall its me being too much of a perfectionist.

The reflection is part of the scene. The second figure; not visible in this render is revealed in the reflection. Could do this in layers I guess, but would likely take as long once all the fiddling and setup is complete IMO.

Min samples 10, Max Sample 2m, max time 0 rendered quality enable off
max path length 9, Architectural sampler on,
Crush blacks 1.0, Burn HL 0.0, gamma 1.65,
End HRDI done and scene.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
16:9 3840x2160 reduced to 1920x1080 in PS. Tried despeckel and sharpen in PS but it starts to blur too much (maybe overall its me being too much of a perfectionist.

The reflection is part of the scene. The second figure; not visible in this render is revealed in the reflection. Could do this in layers I guess, but would likely take as long once all the fiddling and setup is complete IMO.

Min samples 10, Max Sample 2m, max time 0 rendered quality enable off
max path length 9, Architectural sampler on,
Crush blacks 1.0, Burn HL 0.0, gamma 1.65,
End HRDI done and scene.
Turn off the architectural sampler (and the caustic too if it's on). It always slows my rig to level of peeled potato.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
On the VCards, I have my eye on a couple of 1080ti, but they are still way pricey here > 1.2K $. Aware of all the tech involved in using them; checked GPUz and the 1050ti is idle CPU 95-98. Also on agenda is another render machine better CPU, more mem and same dual 1080ti. Hopefully GTX will come down in price sometime this summer. already have dropped ~500$. I will drop in an old card and set the monitors to use it. Should free up a bit more on the 1050.

Did the scene optimization. Anything not needed for the image has been deleted and I always restart DAZ for larger renders. Textures have all been reduced to the max using scene optimizer. The image is still too large for the card (4gb). Wish I'd bought a 1080ti last fall when they were 800$.

I think I may need to re-assess the scene... sigh plot and script re-write... vs long renders till I have some spare $ for the good cards.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Yeah idk. Unless you use a better render engine that reflection will take so much time. Glossy and specular materials are hard to render.

If it's crucial to the story or your scene, keep it. I see a sexy lady on a couch and a whole bunch of her house I don't want to see.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes