3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Working on posing. Poor guy in the back.

Posing is what I struggle with the most, especially in group scenes. It's tough to get all the angles right and then when you go for close ups, especially the genital area, it gets really tough and time consuming. I normally find a pose I like that's pre-built, start there and beginning tweaking. Anyone have any tips or tricks they use?

Shitty Situation.png

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Working on posing. Poor guy in the back.

Posing is what I struggle with the most, especially in group scenes. It's tough to get all the angles right and then when you go for close ups, especially the genital area, it gets really tough and time consuming. I normally find a pose I like that's pre-built, start there and beginning tweaking. Anyone have any tips or tricks they use?
Personally I would've put the guy at the back underneath (go for the classics), but sometimes you can find real gems or better inspiration from doing something different/experimenting. Out of sight out of mind, if it's not in my shot I pay very little attention to it (unless I'm going to use the full image later on). After I finish posing I think about how practical the pose actually is, can your arm really do that? can I do that from that position? Also, if something is taking too long I will just save and close the program take my mind off it and come back later (sometimes all it takes is to give your mind a rest).

Reactions: MovieMike

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
... I normally find a pose I like that's pre-built, start there and beginning tweaking ...
Would like some tips myself. I pretty much do as you do: start with a base pose (if I can find what I want), and then tweak the hell out of it, but damn, it takes a long time. If I'm starting from scratch, I'll usually start with an or and get the pose right'ish there, or sketch it, then transfer to DAZ3D, joint by joint. Long-winded, but ... yeah, that's all I've got.

What I really want for Christmas is for someone to make something like a midi-controller that can be used to control joints in DAZ3D: , but it's not on the DAZ3D store, it's not officially supported by DAZ3D, the site looks amateur'ish as hell, and I have trust issues. Or, a cheap mo-cap solution (give me one of those lycra suits with shiny bobbles and let me play!).

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I'm a big fan of the tools "power pose" and "puppet master". Both tools move several joints in conjunction, to achieve a endpose. While puppet master helps, to get the initial pose, if I didn't have any in my library. Power pose helps to reduce the time needed, to tweak it into the final pose.

Reactions: epw14
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes