3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
It depends on how the skin is done, but try to lower the scattering measurment distance.
i played with that a bit but didnt see any changes. only change I saw was when I used transmitted measurement distance. havent played around with any sss dials to be honest. also only in this and a couple more skins I have seen this effect. maybe its the way the skin was made?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
i played with that a bit but didnt see any changes. only change I saw was when I used transmitted measurement distance. havent played around with any sss dials to be honest. also only in this and a couple more skins I have seen this effect. maybe its the way the skin was made?
Hard to tell without seeing the setting. Daz Iray has 3 base mixing settings (shader model) for any surfaces : PBR/Metallic (the most used one), PBR/Specular (the closest to Daz default/3DL shader, generaly older skin) and Weighted (barely used). I suspect your skin uses PBR/Specular model and that's why you see it only in a couple of skins but I could be wrong.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I found a drawing in the web and thought I could recreate it as a CGI to step up my lighting game. Well let me put it this way, I learned quite a few things besides lights.
1. DAZ Originals have horrible skins when it comes to close-ups.
2. Smooth and dForce modifiers are bitches when they have to work together.
3. I need to learn how to manipulate/create textures for close-ups without Substance. (I don't like Adobe as a company so I avoid their products. And the Briefs are a mess.)
4. Golden Palace isn't meant for close-ups either. Which means I need to learn, how to script for DAZ so I can transfer the collision scripts.
5. Maybe I should ditch DAZ Studio for most purposes, invest a few bucks into Blender Plugins and transition my content library to Blender for good.
close up test.png

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
The skin looks really nice! (too much SSS on the arms and hands tho).

View attachment 563233
I found a drawing in the web and thought I could recreate it as a CGI to step up my lighting game. Well let me put it this way, I learned quite a few things besides lights.
1. DAZ Originals have horrible skins when it comes to close-ups.
2. Smooth and dForce modifiers are bitches when they have to work together.
3. I need to learn how to manipulate/create textures for close-ups without Substance. (I don't like Adobe as a company so I avoid their products. And the Briefs are a mess.)
4. Golden Palace isn't meant for close-ups either. Which means I need to learn, how to script for DAZ so I can transfer the collision scripts.
5. Maybe I should ditch DAZ Studio for most purposes, invest a few bucks into Blender Plugins and transition my content library to Blender for good.
View attachment 563350
The biggest problum I would have using only blender, is the rigging. Every time I would create a character in blender I need to rig it and skin it and make sure all joints are set up properly and are deforming correctly. After all that is complete I would then need to create a texture for my character. a lot of hard work goes into that.

Instead using daz you can skip all that and go directly into posing and rendering.

Anyways, just wanted to say, I think all software programs have their place in the world. Just finding out how to use them the best is key. :)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
The biggest problum I would have using only blender, is the rigging. Every time I would create a character in blender I need to rig it and skin it and make sure all joints are set up properly and are deforming correctly. After all that is complete I would then need to create a texture for my character. a lot of hard work goes into that.

Instead using daz you can skip all that and go directly into posing and rendering.

Anyways, just wanted to say, I think all software programs have their place in the world. Just finding out how to use them the best is key. :)
I agree with the "all software has its place" part.
And about the transition. Normally I pose in DAZ and export the scene over to Blender, Bryce or whatever I need for a certain project. There I only have to adjust the materials to the wanted render engine. This way I can skip all the rigging and posing part in other software. ;) In addition, there are quite some plugins out there that allow you to import DAZ figures to blender with the rig.
Another thing to keep in mind is, that Blender has the compositor that allows you to adjust and tweak your render for post without rerendering the whole thing, and the node editor is far more refined than the one in DAZ. So you can achieve a lot of effects on surfaces easier in Blender too. And last but not least, the inbuild texturing tool. That works as a light version of substance painter.

I really wish they would publish a working bridge for a DAZ-Blender transfer like they have for Zbrush and the other DAZ programs.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes