3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
(I don't like Adobe as a company so I avoid their products. And the Briefs are a mess.)
I started using Photoshop and Illustrator v 1.0, and spent thousands upgrading every couple of years.
I stopped when they went to a subscription model. They lost a 25-30 year customer.

Find a copy of CS5 or 6 on DVD (or other source), uninstall the Adobe upgrader, and after registration, never allow it to connect to the internet again.

CS5 is definitely worth owning, and it will do everything you could ever possibly need.

Reactions: Techn0magier

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Guys, I have one question for you

I've learned the basics on using G3 to G8 converters
But I was wondering, is there a way for me to partially apply head/body morphs from G3 models onto G8 models?
Let me explain
I'm using G8 models, but some of the curves and forms that I wanted for my characters I could only found on G3 models... so the way I handled that was: create a G3 figure, apply whatever I wanted upon it, and then convert it into G8... it worked just the way I wanted, but here's the thing... I have this one character that's pretty much finished - nonetheless, I wanted to try and mix her up w/ the head morphs of a G3 figure... but how? The way I've been doing it would require me to start her over, and I don't wanna do that

Is there a way to simply create or mimic this G3 head morphs so that I can partially apply it on her using the shaping tab or something?

Last edited:

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019

But I was wondering, is there a way for me to partially apply head/body morphs from G3 models onto G8 models?
Let me explain
I'm using G8 models, but some of the curves and forms that I wanted for my characters I could only found on G3 models... so the way I handled that was: create a G3 figure, apply whatever I wanted upon it, and then convert it into G8... it worked just the way I wanted, but here's the thing... I have this one character that's pretty much finished, nonetheless, I wanted to try and mix up her head morph w/ a G3 figure... but how? The way I've been doing it would require me to start her over, and I don't wanna do that

Is there a way to simply create or mimic this G3 head morphs so that I can partially apply it on her?
Hi, I think all you need to do is select the body parts that you want to apply a pose to, then while holding down the CTRL key apply a morph. a box will pop up asking if you want to apply the morph to only the selected nodes.

Aug 30, 2019

Let me explain
I'm using G8 models, but some of the curves and forms that I wanted for my characters I could only found on G3 models... so the way I handled that was: create a G3 figure, apply whatever I wanted upon it, and then convert it into G8... it worked just the way I wanted, but here's the thing... I have this one character that's pretty much finished, nonetheless, I wanted to try and mix up her head morph w/ a G3 figure... but how? The way I've been doing it would require me to start her over, and I don't wanna do that

Is there a way to simply create or mimic this G3 head morphs so that I can partially apply it on her?
Head morphs and body morphs should be separate. They should also be converted separately. Convert the G3 to G8. Click on your figure and go to the Parameters tab. Click on your figure in the Parameters list and search for the name of the head morph that you converted. The slider should show up.

Reactions: SummmerP

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I think all you need to do is select the body parts that you want to apply a pose to, then while holding down the CTRL key apply a morph. a box will pop up asking if you want to apply the morph to only the selected nodes.

that's... amazing
:unsure:
didn't know I could do that
and it works on morphs too? damn

Head morphs and body morphs should be separate. They should also be converted separately. Convert the G3 to G8. Click on your figure and go to the Parameters tab. Click on your figure in the Parameters list and search for the name of the head morph that you converted. The slider should show up.
yeah... why didn't I think of that?
should work, right?
so when using the convertor, all I need to do is set the head morph file instead of the one w/ the whole character?
where should I save the new file? anywhere is fine? or will the list only search for characters on the respective characters folder?

Thank you

Aug 30, 2019
yeah... why didn't I think of that?
should work, right?
so when using the convertor, all I need to do is set the head morph file instead of the one w/ the whole character?
where should I save the new file? anywhere is fine? or will the list only search for characters on the respective characters folder?

Thank you
I'm fairly sure the actual sliders are installed in the "data" folder, and this is done automatically by the converter. The morph files are just instructions for the program to set the correct slider to the correct value. I've created a folder called "Genesis 8 Female Converted" in my "People" folder. This is where I save all my converted characters for G8F. The converter should automatically save the morphs in it's own corresponding folder. As for converting, just convert whatever morph you need.

Reactions: SummmerP
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes