3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
So... here's the sit

I picked up a G3 figure (head & body morphs), converted it to G8, and started to work on it, applying different G8 head & body morphs on it, mixing it up
But now I feel like removing the G3 head morph

Can I? Somehow?
Can I reset her head morphs to that of a base figure? (either G3 or G8, doesn't matter)
So that I could then re-apply the G8 head morphs that I'm using w/out the inherited G3
(cause it seems I cannot touch this G3 morph I had converted... at least not on Parameters)

Or maybe, idk, apply a certain G8 head morph that will replace the whole thing instead of blending in to what's already in there?
:unsure:

Or did the convertion screw that for me?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019
So... here's the sit

I picked up a G3 figure (head & body morphs), converted it to G8, and started to work on it, applying different G8 head & body morphs on it, mixing it up

Can I? Somehow?
Can I reset her head morphs to that of a base figure? (either G3 or G8, doesn't matter)
So that I could then re-apply the G8 head morphs that I'm using w/out the inherited G3
(cause it seem I cannot touch this G3 morph I had converted on Parameters)

Or maybe, idk, apply a certain G8 head morph that will replace the whole thing instead of blending in to what's already in there?

Thanks in advance
The morphs are controlled by a slider in the parameters tab. Have your character selected then type in the name of the morph, then set the slider to zero.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
The morphs are controlled by a slider in the parameters tab. Have your character selected then type in the name of the morph, then set the slider to zero.
It ain't there... it's like Daz is now treating the base figure as being the G3 figure that I directly transformed to G8
I didn't convert the file into G8, I converted the G3 character I had already in scene

What a mess

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
It depends on the method you used for the conversion. If you used the morph loader pro tool, it should be hidden behind the morph loader section of the parameter tabs with the name of the original figure you used, to begin with.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
It depends on the method you used for the conversion. If you used the morph loader pro tool, it should be hidden behind the morph loader section of the parameter tabs with the name of the original figure you used, to begin with.
I used this baby right here:
Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female

But then again, I did not transform the entire G3 figure onto a G8 figure, and then added it into the scene
I simply had a G3 figure (w/ morphs and all) in the scene, and directly transformed it to a G8 - felt like a short-cut at the time, now I can't seem to control what I did

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I used this baby right here:
Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female

But then again, I did not transform the entire G3 figure onto a G8 figure, and then added it into the scene
I simply had a G3 figure (w/ morphs and all), in the scene, and directly transformed it to a G8
If the transfer was correct it should be under
[your current figure]->Actor ->Full Body -> People -> subcategory-> [Name of the original figure]
[your current figure]->Actor -> People -> subcategory-> [Name of the original figure]
[your current figure]->Hidden -> People -> [Name of the original figure]

At least those are the places where the tool puts the characters for me.

Oh and this tool mushes all into one single shape, so you can't subtract the additional G3 morphs.

Reactions: SummmerP

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
So... here's the sit

Can I? Somehow?
(cause it seems I cannot touch this G3 morph I had converted... at least not on Parameters)

Thanks in advance
One easy way i found out on removing morphs. Just go into your data folder, all the way to the morphs folder and then just delete what ever morphs you do not want any more. Simple. :)

Reactions: SummmerP

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
One easy way i found out on removing morphs. Just go into your data folder, all the way to the morphs folder and then just delete what ever morphs you do not want any more. Simple. :)
That'll work? Really?
Daz will simply ignore those morphs and load it without them?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
It's been getting darker in the evenings now, colder too. You've just finished a long day at work and get in the front door and there she is...poor thing is shivering. So the question is, how are you going to warm her up?
Dark&Cold.jpg

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Trying to make a "photorealistic" skin
View attachment 577187
A strong start especially the SSS around the nose, but I miss some things for realistic skin when it comes to close-ups. The lack of wrinkles and folds are the very first giveaways that this is a CGI. Also, this close you should see the small hair that covers her body. The sheen below her neck looks also a tad strong, but this could be a lighting issue. For a first draft not bad, not bad at all. Now is time for tweaks.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes