3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
No. What I do is Duplicate the image twice, (CTRL + J) then put both images into a folder. Then turn the folder to Overlay blending mode.

Next I take the top image inside the folder, turn that to vivid light, then (CTRL + I) Invert it. Then with the image still selected I go up to the Filter and press (Convert for smart filters.) Then I go to Blur and chose (Surface Blue) Use whatever settings you like to sharpen your image. I tend to use pretty low numbers as it works best. I used Radius 10 Threshold 25.

Thats it. Once you get the process down in your head, it is fast.
Have you seen better results than just going to filter and using one of the sharpeners there? Always curious to try new things out.

One thing I just started doing is messing with the skins before the render. For example, one of my characters has a lot of body tattoos and because the torso skin is the same resolution but covers so much more room than the face or arms, the image is a bit low quality. So I double the dimensions of the diffuse map, sharpen it a little, and save that. When I render, it definitely helps make things look better even before post.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I auctally use my technique of sharpening the image because it is a non distructive method. that way I can go back and change the shapness anytime I like, because it uses a smart layer.. However i know there are many different ways on sharpening an image this is just the way i do it. :)

Reactions: MovieMike

RandomFarmer

Jul 3, 2017
so are thee like mechanics in the bodyforms that allow animation, then? or is it something you have to program?
no programing needed as far as I know. Basically you have a timeline through which you set a number of poses for example a jumping animation you'll do
t0: standing
t1: floating mid air
t2: Landing
and daz fills in the blanks, the more poses you do the smother it'll look, then you render the whole thing, I believe you'll need a third party program to compile it, still it is not that hard and there are already animation packs that cover alot of actions.
There are other sofwares like Poser 11 that you can link to daz for you're animation but I never ventured that far yet.

njaramillo666

Mar 19, 2018
Just doing some tests with the denoiser within Daz, by choosing different numbers of iterations and such. These are most the results after doing three different render with 1900, 1950 and 1980 as a value set for the denoiser to kick-in (and 2000 iterations in total)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But like someone made me notice, of course I can't see that much of difference like this. So tomorrow I'm gonna probably make more test with different numbers of iterations, distant from one another.
Also I kinda noticed now that the second pic, under her armpit there's some strange "bending". Probably the pose, or maybe some morphs that I used :unsure:
OMG, I wanna that girl

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Sorry for the quote, but I would be interested on this too, if you don't mind.
I'm still trying to improve the quality with default settings but the iterations are progressing and are much faster than before.
capture.png
Without denosing
1.png
Even a dark picture takes 4 minutes +1000ite but I've got lights that aren't included, so fuck it! (camera zoom ???)
sarahhhhhhh.png
Without script ~13min 800ite
sarah_sleep_1.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes