3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Reworking interiors. I picked up the i13 Trendy Cafe for free over the weekend due to Daz3D's generous coupons, but I hate seeing the same scene out of the box in games. So, I have started my renovations on the property. First to go was redoing the tables and seats in nice wood using free wood shaders. Next came replacing the artwork, which was accomplished due to the generosity of Smithsonian Institution making a metric tonne of free images available. I also used some Daz Uber shaders that came with the game. Here is the first round of renovations. I may change the brick out for something different as well to differentiate it further.

This took almost 2 hours to render because it was done with all ambient lighting and was a low-light scene. Fortunately, I didn't have to monkey with that as I used one of the i13 camera presets and I was able to get sufficient light in the scene by tweaking the f-stop, ISO, and exposures.

View attachment 626310

This setup reminds me more of Gypsy Den in southern California. They use old artwork (which I think they pick up from garage sales) to decorate their shops. Other coffee shops use their walls as gallery walls to show (and potentially sell) artwork from artists in the community. I have not seen one coffee shop using wall images as ugly and unimaginative as the defaults that come with the i13 Trendy Cafe set.
I do this a lot too as it really helps make a scene stand out, even just changing some colors and shaders around does wonders. i13s stuff is great, but the lighting isn't so friendly on the GPU so I tend to relight the scenes myself to be a bit more user friendly.

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
A character for a game i want to make. I 'want' to make it... so nothing is actually being made yet. I still need to learn more about Daz and Ren'Py etc. to make it a proper game.

But the character should be the Vice Principal of a private, all-girl school.
Age should be mid-30s
Vice Principal head.png
Vice Principal.png
Hope you like her

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I do this a lot too as it really helps make a scene stand out, even just changing some colors and shaders around does wonders. i13s stuff is great, but the lighting isn't so friendly on the GPU so I tend to relight the scenes myself to be a bit more user friendly.
I could have changed that to use a daytime HDRI, but I really like the ambient lighting at night. I'm a sucker for that, even though it loads the GPU like crazy, and I only have a 760 GTX anyway, so it's not necessarily speedy anyway. More likely than not when I do the game renders I will change it to a daytime speed and that should speed the renders up considerably.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
This setup reminds me more of Gypsy Den in southern California. They use old artwork (which I think they pick up from garage sales) to decorate their shops. Other coffee shops use their walls as gallery walls to show (and potentially sell) artwork from artists in the community. I have not seen one coffee shop using wall images as ugly and unimaginative as the defaults that come with the i13 Trendy Cafe set.
Something I've noticed with Daz asset designers is that a lot of them have a tendency to be rather 'extra'. And not in good ways. So for environments I'll usually take out the stuff I find distracting or doesn't fit the idea I have in my head. Or even just pull bits from a few different set ups to come up with something new.

There have been a number of times where I really wonder where they came up with their designs decisions. Your comment about the wall art is a good example. I've been trying to find good looking arcade cabinet models for an idea I have (I've found them in other formats, but they take work to play nicely). The ones that have been officially released in stores make me go "Uh... did you use like... ANY reference material at all? Have you actually seen any arcade games?"

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Something I've noticed with Daz asset designers is that a lot of them have a tendency to be rather 'extra'. And not in good ways. So for environments I'll usually take out the stuff I find distracting or doesn't fit the idea I have in my head. Or even just pull bits from a few different set ups to come up with something new.

There have been a number of times where I really wonder where they came up with their designs decisions. Your comment about the wall art is a good example. I've been trying to find good looking arcade cabinet models for an idea I have (I've found them in other formats, but they take work to play nicely). The ones that have been officially released in stores make me go "Uh... did you use like... ANY reference material at all? Have you actually seen any arcade games?"
Yeah, I am with you on that one. I don't mind the fact that there are pictures on the wall, as most coffee shops do decorate that way, but just not with the poor choice of ones they picked. I often strip out elements to make things render faster. On the arcade cabinet situation, you may need to take one that has questionable artwork, then find pictures of the "real" ones and sub the surfaces so that you put good art on the shell of the game with lousy art. That's one way to go about it.

You also might want to check out these models being shared for free over at . Genuine copies of Donkey Kong, PacMan, Asteroids, and Space Invaders.

Reactions: HFSTime
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes